“Great hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Los Angeles, California
“Great hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed in Room #3 on May 18, 2013 while visiting Rocky National Park for two days. I selected the hotel from a long list of options because this one's close location to downtown, its price, amenity, and friendly voice when I called and inquired about the Inn. The bed is very comfortable. The place is clean and thoughtfully decorated. They've got a mini-fridge and microwave which come in handy. There are lounge chairs outside for you to sit around. There's also a BBQ place on the property. The couple who owned the place really worked hard to take care of the place and the customers. They were innovative in renovating the hotel and offered good services to me. I have never written a hotel review before. But this time, I felt their friendly service earned a review from me, a happy customer. Their attitude and service really made a difference. I'm not sure how to say it but the couple cares about their customers and their business. If you decide to visit Rocky NP, check out this hotel. You will be pleasantly surprised.
By the way, in the last two weeks while I work in Colorado, I have stayed in Marriott Residence Inn for two weeks, another hotel for two nights during the weekend, and then this place. I have received friendly service from all these places but somehow, this couple made an impression on me. Try their place out if you look for reasonably priced room, good location, and friendly service.

To the couple who owned the place - Keep it up. You guys are awesome. Thanks! :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Jackie Z
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
We were glad to be your choice in Estes Park - it was great visiting with you and I hope that the rest of your trip - without working! - was enjoyable as well. See you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Windsor, Colorado, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

I stayed at the Maxwell Inn May 10 and 11, 2013. The room was 1930's updated with perfect painting, carpet, beds, and Mission styled furniture. The color photography on the walls was reminiscent of 1950's Rocky Mountain National Park style and the landscape painting of the mountains and rushing river was awesome. The breakfast was simple and well supplied in a neat, comfortable room. The proprietors are as nice as can be, as well. The owner and her daughter delivered a red rose in a vase for Mother's Day. All in all this place is clean, well kept, conscientiously maintained and the bed was very comfortable. It's close to town to walk. There are elk, deer and big horn sheep literally everywhere. Go for it. It's fun.

Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
We put a lot of time and effort into the finished product, and we're glad it shows! Thank you for choosing The Maxwell Inn! It was a pleasure talking with you and we hope to see you soon!
Parker
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Good pricing, good location, and personal care by the owners made this stay exceptional. We loved everthing about this place and the couple who runs it. we will stay again and bring friends! There is a pizza place across the street and they are within walking distance of other restaurants. The complimentary chocolate covered preztels were a hit as well! We will be back and will bring friends!

Melissa

Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Estes is a wonderful place to visit... we hope that your stay with us made it just that much better! Thank you for choosing The Maxwell Inn!!!
O'Fallon, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

So wow, a lot of great improvements to this place. I stayed here previously when the lesbian couple ran it, not so impressed then. I like the location to shopping and hiking, there is so much to do in close proximity. I checked out all the updates online and decided to give the new place a shot, wow was I impressed! First of all there is no weird hotel smell. I really hate staying places and feel like the smell is still on me when I leave. The rooms are very clean, I inspect everything when I first stay in a hotel; behind the bed, under the mattress, the glass ware, everything. I am a germaphobe and this place was clean. The bedding was very soft and comfortable. The mattresses were not to hard, not to soft, just right. The breakfast had a good selection of food, again I am picky about food. The staff was friendly and I was not creeped out by them like the last couple that owned the place previously. I enjoyed going back to the hotel at the end of a long day, relaxing in the hot tub and then winding down with a movie because there was a dvd player in the room and they provided dvd selections. The views from the hotel were beautiful and even got some great photos of sunrises/sunsets and wildlife. It was so easy to sleep with how quiet and peaceful the surroundings are. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank andrea g
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
We enjoyed having you and your husband staying with us. We always enjoy meeting fellow Cardinal fans! Thanks for choosing The Maxwell Inn and thank you for your kind words about our Inn.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Great getaway destination! They did quite the extensive renovation and really paid attention to all of the details. From the not-too-squishy beds to the new duvets, pillows and carpet, you can really tell that the innkeepers care about the place. Speaking of the innkeepers, they're so accomodating. They were warm and welcoming to my entire family and even had a "present" for my little one upon arrival!

Location - Just a short walk to downtown Estes Park and right next to a little creek for the calming sounds of water on a great vacation!

Check them out!!!!

Room Tip: Upper level rooms provide a great view however the lower level rooms are just as great. For handica...