“The Maxwell Inn Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Loveland, Colorado
“The Maxwell Inn Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

Nice family owned hotel! Met all of our needs! Always willing to accommodate and make your stay pleasant. We had a 2 1/2 month old with us and they offered a pack n play or a room with 2 beds. They allowed us to reschedule our reservations due to weather without charging us a fee. They had a good dvd selection. It was very relaxing to sit in the hot tub. They always offered suggestions for places to eat or go! Very sweet, cute, and friendly family! :)

Room Tip: I suggest looking at the Maxwell inn hotel website photos to choose a room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Thanks for staying with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Me and my husband stayed at the Maxwell Inn on May 25th 2013 we where in town for a wedding. We booked our reservations through Priceline.com and did not I know what to expect but we booked only knowing it was close to the location of the wedding. The room was very nice neat and clean, the bed is very comfortable and had plenty of pillows. My husband loved that they had pretzels from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in the room. My only complaint was that our shower head was not adjustable for my height I did let management know about this and the issue was quickly addressed I received a email later that afternoon letting me know it was fixed. The owners really do go out of their way to show they really care about their customers and their business. I will highly recommend Maxwell Inn to all my friends and family I do believe this will be mine and my husbands new weekend getaway place.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank CherylL303
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Thank you for staying with us this weekend. It's a little different being the owner and maintenance team, but I try to do what I can! :-) I asked the next guest if the replacement part I used worked out (he was about 6'2" and she was about 5'), and he stated that it was just fine for both of them... Perfect! Come back and see us soon - you don't have an excuse not to stay overnight in Estes now!! :-)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

What a treat it was to stay at The Maxwell Inn! The owners, Dana and Peter Maxwell, are incredibly nice people and go out of their way to make sure your stay is a great one. Rooms are newly renovated, super nice and clean, pretty close to the main street of Estes and have a little pizza place directly across the street, that delivers. Did I mention they have daily visits from the local elk?! Really cool to see. We will be telling all our friends about their inn and we will, for certain, be back to stay at The Maxwell lnn!!

Stayed May 2013
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
It was great meeting you two and having you stay with us. It's not everyday we meet someone famous! Can't wait to have you guys back. Thanks for the insight on the blankets, as well. We were happy to have made your stay special.
Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

We were in the Estes Park area with no reservation. The Maxwell Inn had a vacancy. Located right on the main drag, Dana, the owner, was warm and welcoming. The room (#4) was clean and comfortable and within walking distance of the downtown area. It was perfect for our needs and we would definitely recommend staying there. The young couple there are perfect hosts and definitely go out of their way to ensure the stay is positive.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
It was a pleasure having you stay with us - we enjoyed the conversation and hope that you come back soon! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience, it means a lot.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Managment was beyond friendly and helpful. The owners really went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Very clean and inviting rooms. Excellent water preasure in shower. It was nice they had a movie library in the office and a decent spread for continental breakfast. You can't beat the views/scenery. Wildlife is right out the door! It is located right on the main street of town so its only a short walk to all the shops/restaurants. Only thing they did not have was hair dryers, so be sure to bring your own.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Thank you for staying with us at The Maxwell Inn! We put a lot of work into the rooms, and hope that it showed! Thanks for the insight on the hair dryers... we have them in the lobby, but haven't bought enough for all of the rooms... they just moved up the list! Come see us again!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed in Room #3 on May 18, 2013 while visiting Rocky National Park for two days. I selected the hotel from a long list of options because this one's close location to downtown, its price, amenity, and friendly voice when I called and inquired about the Inn. The bed is very comfortable. The place is clean and thoughtfully decorated. They've got a mini-fridge and microwave which come in handy. There are lounge chairs outside for you to sit around. There's also a BBQ place on the property. The couple who owned the place really worked hard to take care of the place and the customers. They were innovative in renovating the hotel and offered good services to me. I have never written a hotel review before. But this time, I felt their friendly service earned a review from me, a happy customer. Their attitude and service really made a difference. I'm not sure how to say it but the couple cares about their customers and their business. If you decide to visit Rocky NP, check out this hotel. You will be pleasantly surprised.
By the way, in the last two weeks while I work in Colorado, I have stayed in Marriott Residence Inn for two weeks, another hotel for two nights during the weekend, and then this place. I have received friendly service from all these places but somehow, this couple made an impression on me. Try their place out if you look for reasonably priced room, good location, and friendly service.

To the couple who owned the place - Keep it up. You guys are awesome. Thanks! :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Jackie Z
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
We were glad to be your choice in Estes Park - it was great visiting with you and I hope that the rest of your trip - without working! - was enjoyable as well. See you soon!
Windsor, Colorado, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

I stayed at the Maxwell Inn May 10 and 11, 2013. The room was 1930's updated with perfect painting, carpet, beds, and Mission styled furniture. The color photography on the walls was reminiscent of 1950's Rocky Mountain National Park style and the landscape painting of the mountains and rushing river was awesome. The breakfast was simple and well supplied in a neat, comfortable room. The proprietors are as nice as can be, as well. The owner and her daughter delivered a red rose in a vase for Mother's Day. All in all this place is clean, well kept, conscientiously maintained and the bed was very comfortable. It's close to town to walk. There are elk, deer and big horn sheep literally everywhere. Go for it. It's fun.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
We put a lot of time and effort into the finished product, and we're glad it shows! Thank you for choosing The Maxwell Inn! It was a pleasure talking with you and we hope to see you soon!