“Great place, very friendly welcoming owners and team!!!”
Review of The Maxwell Inn

The Maxwell Inn
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Ratingen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
“Great place, very friendly welcoming owners and team!!!”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

In the first place, I booked the Maxwell Inn as it had relatively moderate prices and was not yet sold out when I booked rather late for the Memorial Day weekend... I was very positively surprised that this place was not just "okay", but a really pleasent place to stay! All rooms were newly renovated by the new owners, who were waiting up for me when I arrived late in the evening. They even offered me some food from the breakfast buffet right then at my late arrival when I mentioned I couldn't wait for breakfast. The Maxwell Inn is situated in just a few minutes walking distance to the center of Estes Park and you can walk on a nice pedestrian way along Fall River to get there. You are also very close to get into the Rocky Mountain NP within just a few minutes by car. Although you do not necessarily need to go into the National Park: When I woke up one morning, I just stepped out of my room to see some Elk grazing at the river right on the other side of the street! They also had some humming bird feeders in front of the reception, which were visited every now and then by some early hummers... If I ever get back to Estes Park, I would not hesitate to book the Maxwell Inn again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Sandra E
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
We very much enjoyed hearing about your hikes and day trips. We're pretty impressed with how much you saw and did while you were here! Thank you for writing about our Inn. It's really important to us to make sure that our guests know their appreciated. Come back and see us again! Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Longmont
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This was our 49th anniversary stay at the Maxwell Inn. The first night we had 4 elk
visit at our sight!!! The view of the mountain was awesome . The town of Estes very
close as was Nicky's resturant where we ate. We would highly recommend this Inn.
The owners were very helpful . !!!

Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Josie it was so great to meet you and your husband. Tell him if he wants to get rid of some of those high horsepower cars, he knows where they would have a good home. :-) I am happy that your anniversary was special - and I would love to see you two in the future. Thank you very much for staying with us!
Centennial
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We were looking for a last minute getaway early June, 2013. I received a recommendation from the Estes Park Convention & Visitors Bureau of several places that might have vacancy 2 days before our arrival. We were given some of the best hospitality and customer service we have ever had. And I DO mean ever! They started by giving a pair of white chocolate covered pretzels (from Laura's) at check in. Then we simply asked if they might Raisin Bran for the breakfast the next morning. THEY WENT OUT AND BOUGHT IT! It's been a long time since we have had treatment like that. These folks are the best! I highly recommend a visit. They are a short walk from downtown and the the walk is most refreshing.

Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
It was absolutely great visiting with you and your wife. Hopefully we'll become your "go to" destination when you head to Estes. Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I confess that I usually stay at nationally recognized chain hotels like the various Marriott brands (Fairfield Inn, SpringHill Suites, TownePlace Suites, Courtyard, etc), Hyatt Place, etc. Mostly because when I travel for work I don't like a lot of surprises when it comes to sleeping well, etc. When my wife and I had the chance to get away for a few days' break, The Maxwell Inn caught our eye -- mostly due to the TripAdvisor reviews. We took a chance and are so glad we did. Granted our expectations were lowered some, but we were so pleasantly surprised by the clean rooms, freshly updated decor, new beds and more. Perhaps the best part were the owners, Pete and Dana Maxwell who bought, remodeled and opened the place under their name this past May. While it's not a B&B, they bring a nice personal touch to the stay experience. Our King bed suite (Room 21 on their website) wasn't big, but I don't think you go to Estes Park to hang out in your room too much. Their lobby area, breakfast room and small patio / courtyard are nice for hanging out. We didn't get a chance to use the hot tub, but perhaps next time. We were pleased that we didn't notice any street noise at night. We were also quite glad to find that the main strip was a pleasant 10 minute walk along a river. We would gladly stay here again.

1 Thank marksb303
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Mark - Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We're not the Trump Towers by any means, but we do have a lot of pride in what we do here. I appreciate your honest and straightforward review of both your expectations and experience. It was great chatting with you and we hope to see you the next time you make the journey back this way!
Denver
Reviewed 11 June 2013

What made our stay at The Maxwell Inn so unique was the special service. The new owners were very considerate of our requests. The rooms are newly renovated, bit I enjoyed that they kept some of the quaint charm. For example, our room included one of those old fashioned bottle openers on the bathroom wall. But the thick towels were today's luxury. They serve a nice continental breakfast. (Thank you for making sure I could eat my beloved Raisin.). The Inn is within walking distance of town with restaurants, sweet shops and souvenirs.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have air conditioners. Some rooms are on the 2nd floor, which requires stairs.
1 Thank Karen S
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
It was great having you stay with us. We are happy to do anything we can to satisfy a need - even as simple as a certain cereal by request! We enjoyed visiting with you and will look forward to seeing you again!!!
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The Maxwell Inn what a great place to stay!!! We originally checked in for two nights we loved the town of Estes Park and The Maxwell Inn so much we booked for another two nights, followed by another three nights totalling a weeks stay all up. The owners, Pete and Dana, were very welcoming and incredibly accommodating when we asked to stay the extra nights. Nothing was a hassle for them. We stayed in four different rooms throughout the Inn rooms 1, 3, 5 and 21. All the rooms were unique in their own way, tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. We could not decide on a favourite. The location is a short 5 to 10 minute walk along the river into downtown Estes Park. We would recommend The Maxwell Inn to anyone wanting to stay in Estes Park.

Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
It was a pleasure having you two stay here. Our daughter enjoyed the conversation as well! I'm happy that you were able to stay the extra days. Feel free to email us some of those amazing pictures!
denver, co
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stayed at the Maxwell Inn this past weekend and found the hotel to be super clean and comfy. It was easy to find just west of the town.The rooms have been newly redecorated and the new mattresses etc are wonderful.. Reasonably priced and it includes a little breakfast too.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
It was really great having you stay with us. Thanks for taking the time to review our Inn, I know your time is valuable! I'm glad you enjoyed your time and that our breakfast helped you get going in the morning! Come back soon!!! :-)