The Maxwell Inn
Discovery Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$165
Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$190
QualityInn
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$171
The Estes Park Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$278
Travelocity
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$177
Hotel Estes(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$164
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)
US$341
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Appenzell Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$152
Nicky's Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$166
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfire pityogurtlip balmcontinental breakfastpizza place across the streethot tubgranola barsgreat place to stayshort walkwithin walking distancedowntown areahard boiled eggsenjoyed our stayhighly recommend staying herenational parkcomfortable bedsthe river
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The Maxwell Inn is THE place to stay in Estes Park. Peter and Dana are incredible! They totally know what it means to sweat the small stuff. Upon our arrival, Dana handed us some chocolate covered pretzels from a local shop (smart move, Dana) and then treats for both of our daughters. Our oldest daughter is so tickled with her new toothbrush that she would sleep with it if we let her. Dana walked us to our room and then asked us if we needed/wanted a pack-n-play for our 7 month old. We said we would be good without one, but she re-assured us to just ask if we changed our minds. Every improvement they made to the hotel (formerly the Mountain Sage Inn) was done with detail and the comfort of the guest in mind. In the morning I had a chance to chat with Peter and Dana while I filled a plate with complimentary breakfast items...total class acts! If you are in Estes and need a place to call "home" for the night, stay at The Maxwell Inn. Great value, super clean, and very professional!
Thanks for a great getaway, Peter and Dana!

Room Tip: The entire hotel has been renovated. Every room has new beds, new paint, new REAL wood doors and trim....I don't think there is a bad room in the place. If you need 2 queen beds, you will get to stay on the back of the hotel (facing north)...we used to stay in #11, but this time we stayed in #9. You can't go wrong with staying at The Maxwell Inn.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Matt, Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. I'm happy the little ones enjoyed their gifts! We've done a lot to improve on the Inn, and it's great to know that it shows, that you noticed pretty much all of the little details that we set out to make sure our Inn was one of a kind. We look forward to seeing you again - and again, thank you for the input and we're glad that your trip was a great one!!!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We were so pleased with the Maxwell Inn. The owners Peter and Dana made sure our stay was comfortable, and they have done a fabulous job of renovating the place. The location is perfect, right between downtown Estes and Rocky Mountain National Park. We would definitely stay again. Great location, reasonably priced, and attentive owners.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have air conditioning, but our room did. Just ask if you prefer to have it, although most times the weather is quite comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank liz J

Liz - your stay was a long time in the making, and if I remember right, you booked before we had even completed our renovations. Quite the leap of faith, I know, and I appreciate you staying with us. It really sounds like the crisp, clean, and inviting feel of our Inn was just what you wanted. Thank you for choosing us, and for the great conversation. I'm glad that your stay was special. Stay with us again next time!

Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

The new owners of this hotel are so accommodating and welcoming. The hotel is clean and fresh, and it is nicely situated within an 8 minute walk on a scenic path by the river into town. This was my first time to the Rockies, and they made the start of the trip such a great experience. Stay in room 3 if you can, it is really cute, but as a heads up, I'm not sure if there is a/c. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on our Inn! We're happy you liked Room 3, it really offers something special... and I'm glad you appreciated it. And you're correct, there is no A/C in that room unfortunately, however it hasn't been an issue for most, but it's good to note! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 15 June 2013

My family and I have stayed at this Inn every 2 years for the past 8 years. While it used to be the Mt Sage Inn, and was run well then, the changes and upgrades with the new owners are wonderful. Great new color schemes, new beds, tv's, and lovely owners. We have always liked this place due to the easy few minute walk to down time, but now with the freshness of the place it's even better. The new owners are amazing!!! Attentive, friendly, and a bonus for us was their children who played with our son one night while we were there. We will never stay anywhere else, and wish the new owners all the best!!!

Room Tip: any rooms are great. The back side has large hills for you to view, but the front side faces open areas across the street where you are able to view Elk in the mornings. We have stayed in both, and they are equally pleasant.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank leann d
Dana M, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Leann it was great to meet you and your family. We too, enjoyed getting the kiddos together to play! Thank you for choosing The Maxwell Inn, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

In the first place, I booked the Maxwell Inn as it had relatively moderate prices and was not yet sold out when I booked rather late for the Memorial Day weekend... I was very positively surprised that this place was not just "okay", but a really pleasent place to stay! All rooms were newly renovated by the new owners, who were waiting up for me when I arrived late in the evening. They even offered me some food from the breakfast buffet right then at my late arrival when I mentioned I couldn't wait for breakfast. The Maxwell Inn is situated in just a few minutes walking distance to the center of Estes Park and you can walk on a nice pedestrian way along Fall River to get there. You are also very close to get into the Rocky Mountain NP within just a few minutes by car. Although you do not necessarily need to go into the National Park: When I woke up one morning, I just stepped out of my room to see some Elk grazing at the river right on the other side of the street! They also had some humming bird feeders in front of the reception, which were visited every now and then by some early hummers... If I ever get back to Estes Park, I would not hesitate to book the Maxwell Inn again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Sandra E

We very much enjoyed hearing about your hikes and day trips. We're pretty impressed with how much you saw and did while you were here! Thank you for writing about our Inn. It's really important to us to make sure that our guests know their appreciated. Come back and see us again! Thank you!