“It's the little things that make the difference.”
Review of The Maxwell Inn

The Maxwell Inn
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Just spent two nights at The Maxwell Inn, thanks to the many positive reviews on tripadvisor. The Inn is small so you get more personalized service. The rooms were beautifully decorated with nice quality furniture. We slept with the window open and it got pretty cold outside, but the thick down comforter was enough to want to keep you in bed just a little bit longer in the morning. Very clean and it had everything you needed, including wonderful bath products.
Go and enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Scottsdaletravelmom
MaxwellInn, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

It really is the little things in life isn't it?! We have tried to think of the little things so that our guests don't have to, that way you can enjoy your time in Estes Park. It was pleasure meeting you and we greatly appreciate you choosing to stay at The Maxwell Inn and then also taking the time to write a review. Hopefully you will be visiting more often if your son choses to go to school in Colorado! Best wishes to you both.

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night in Estes Park, planning to go to the RMNP (but the government had other plans). I spoke with Dana and Peter a few times before the trip, and they were very accommodating. Dana gave us some tips on where we could go see wildlife other than the park. It's a quaint little inn in a quaint little town.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank teacherwoman
MaxwellInn, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

It was great meeting you guys, and I can't tell you how bad we felt that Uncle Sam limited such a critical part of the Estes Park experience for you. We are happy the other options worked for you (the elk have been down in town, they're very accommodating), and hope that you make it back out here in the future to take advantage of the beautiful park. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we are happy you enjoyed your time in Estes and at The Maxwell Inn.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We spent the weekend at Maxwell Inn, in Early September 2013. I can't say enough good about it. It is close to the downtown shopping, walking distance, but just far enough away to miss the crowds. It was quiet, peaceful, and clean. The decor was charming with antiques, yet a very comfortable bed. I am self employed and travel in my business, we are on the road at least 5 days a month, and in all my travels I have never seen such a clean bathroom. It was actually shining. Dana and Pete were great hosts, made us feel very welcome. Dana, thank you for leaving out the sunscreen for lips....I didn't know I needed that, but you did and provided it to a guest who used it over and over on the hike in the Rockies. That was such a thoughtful thing for you to do for your guests. Don't miss this one, it is indeed the best place to stay in Estes Park. I have stayed at the lodges and cabins before, but from now on, only Maxwell Inn. The best.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LynnSteveArkansas

Thank you Lynn! I always remembered reaching for my chapstick when we would visit Colorado, so we thought that it would be a welcome addition to our room amenities... it certainly has been! Being small business owners yourselves, you understand that it's all about the customer service and offering a great product. We continually try to put our best foot forward and offer a clean, inviting and comfortable place to stay in Estes Park. We hope that you two get back to the area soon and stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

First, I would like to say that I do not take the time to sit and write reviews for any hotel I ever stay at like the one I have set out to write about this one. However, this hotel Estes Park should absolutely be reviewed to the best of my ability so the world can know what a little jewel this hotel truly is. The location, the cleanliness, the owners...just everything about this place is amazing. I must say that when I picked this place, I knew by the reading the previous reviews that the Maxwell Inn that we were going to have a great experience for our vacation to Estes Park, Co, but I had no idea how much I would truly enjoy the experience of staying here.
We arrived on a Thursday after a very early flight from Kentucky, a lengthy rental car pick up, downtown Denver tour that included the zoo and a very long and winding trip down hwy 7. The peak to peak highway was gorgeous but we were also very tired when we finally arrived. Upon arriving, we truly thought the hotel was a sight for sore eyes. We marveled at how quaint, homey and just plain cute the hotel was. The flowers outside that sat on the patio along with the wooden deck chairs were such a welcoming sight. We should have known it would only get better from there.
When we entered and met Dana, we felt immediately at home. She was so very nice and welcoming and pulled out a map and showed us exactly where we were and even recommended some really nice local food locations. Of course we took her up on those over the course of the next few days. We talked about hiking and RMNP and she informed us of the openings in the park (we arrived just after the flood). We desperately wanted to do some hiking (we are backpackers, hikers and rock climbers) so we were very disheartened that the east part of the park had been closed.
After receiving the keys to our room (which were actual keys and I though that was just awesome) and some more causal chit chat Dana handed us some salt water taffy (another nice touch) and we found our way up to room 5. When we entered the room we couldn't believe how cute and clean it was. They even provide their own lip balm, which I absolutely loved because I left mine at home. (: But before I move on I must say again, the rooms were very clean and you could smell the freshness of the room from the time you walked in the door. The bed was extremely comfortable and the sheets were crisp, soft and smelled fresh. The room was very comfortable.
When we arrived we were very dehydrated from our trip and I ran down to the office to grab something to drink after we got all of our stuff moved into the room. I ran into Dana again and explained our situation and grabbed a couple bottles of water and retreated back into room 5. About 15 minutes after I arrived back in my room, we received a knock on our door and it was Dana bringing us even more water and giving us the update on RMNP. She informed us the east side of the park had been opened up. It was so very nice of her to think of us. When I closed the door my fiancée immediately said, "well that's it, they have made us loyal guests for life". (:
On another note, my current fiancée wasn't my fiancée when we arrived to Estes Park. He actually proposed to me the day after we arrived at Bear Lake while it was snowing and abandoned from all the tourists. We might not have had that experience if we weren't kept so well informed by the Maxwells. When we arrived back to the hotel, we ran into the office and Dana had noticed my ring (which I thought was so awesome and personal that she had noticed) and she congratulated us. Later that afternoon, we left for the night to explore the Stanley hotel and upon returning we found a dozen pink roses in our room from Dana and Peter to celebrate our engagement. We couldn't believe how much they went out of their way for us. It was genuinely a very nice ending to our already amazing day and the most thoughtful random act of kindness I have experienced in a very long time. We brought the roses home with us (they actually made it through the plane trip) and we have them sitting in our living room so we can be reminded of our trip to Estes. I also plan on drying them out and keeping them to commemorate the occasion. Dana and Peter have no idea how much their hospitality has touched us.
As I said in the beginning, I can't say enough about this hotel. The owners, the location (just outside RMNP and you can walk to downtown),
To us, this is the only place we will ever stay when visiting RMNP. I recommend you do the same.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa T
MaxwellInn, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Lisa and Fiancé,
Who doesn't LOVE being a part of someone's special memories?! If there is one thing that we have learned in business, it's that it's the little things that go a long way. We try to make every guest feel welcomed and at home here at The Maxwell Inn. From Concierge to Housekeeping to Maintenance, we do it all and try to do it the best we know how. With that, we have had wonderful reviews, such as yours, and great feedback (good, bad and indifferent)! We couldn't be happier for you two and wish you all the best in life, love and happiness for the rest of your days. Give us a call when you are ready to come back to the place where it all started for you two!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We spent two nights at the Maxwell Inn (in late September, after the flood). Dana was great at keeping us informed before we left home as to road conditions, etc. Our room had a great view and Dana and Pete and their two children were great hosts. We felt a bit incorporated into their wonderful family. Access to RMNP and the downtown area are both excellent. The breakfast is satisfying and gets your day off to a good start. If we are lucky enough to return to this beautiful part of our country, we will stay at the Maxwell Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
MaxwellInn, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

We are so glad that you guys took the leap of faith and made the journey up to Estes Park. With RMNP back open and the shops and restaurants downtown, Estes is a thriving mountain town once again! Our mini-hoteliers loved meeting you as well and we are happy that our quick breakfast in the mornings met your needs. It was a pleasure meeting you and we hope that you can make it out again some time soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed for a week @ The Maxwell Inn over the Labor Day weekend 2013. We found The Maxwell Inn was clean & comfortable, and a quick walk into town, just what we were looking for! Dana & Pete made our stay wonderful ... they were able to recommend places to hike, eat, & seek medical attention. We would definitely stay there the next trip we make to Estes Park.
Glad to hear they stayed dry during the flood.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you two for spending your holiday vacation at The Maxwell Inn. Part of what we love about this business is recommending great sights to see, things to do and places to eat. It's reassuring to hear that we were able to suggest some great things to make your trip complete, besides the part about how to get to the Medical Center. We look forward to the next time you make it out this way, I'm sure we will be able to recommend more "must sees" of Estes Park!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed 1 night at the Maxwell Inn. I unfortunately was in Estes Park to perform environmental testing after the flood. But was fortunate enough to find the Maxwell Inn. What a great place to stay. The owners are friendly and the room clean. If your are in Estes Park and looking for a place to stay, this is it. This was my first time in Estes Park but will bring my family back here on vacation. And The Maxwell Inn is where we will stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Ray K
MaxwellInn, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Wow, Ray, Thank you for the glowing review! We are sorry that the flood is what brought you to Estes Park, but are glad that you enjoyed your brief stay at The Maxwell Inn. Hopefully when you return with your family, you will be able to enjoy all that Estes and the Rocky Mountain National Park have to offer. We look forward to meeting the rest of your family and being able to recommend places to go and things to see in town. Best wishes to you while you are working in Colorado.