The Maxwell Inn
Discovery Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$165
Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$190
QualityInn
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$171
The Estes Park Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$278
Travelocity
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$177
Hotel Estes(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$164
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)
US$341
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Appenzell Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$152
Nicky's Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$166
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfire pityogurtlip balmcontinental breakfastpizza place across the streethot tubgranola barsgreat place to stayshort walkwithin walking distancedowntown areahard boiled eggsenjoyed our stayhighly recommend staying herenational parkcomfortable bedsthe river
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Very comfortable rooms, fully accesorized but most of all - the owners were so hospitable and nice! We came with a gas stove to cook a bit in the room but it didn't work, and the owners were willing to let us use their own kitchen stove. That's what I call dedication!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
MaxwellInn, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Alon, It was great getting a chance to meet you and your family. We are happy to hear that our place was perfect for you needs and that we could assist you when your portable stove was not working properly. We hope that you all can come together again some time soon, I know it's probably hard to get everyone together from all over the states and world. Thank you for your kind review, we hope to see you all again!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

My traveling allows me to visit numerous cities throughout the United States. This trip to Estes Park will always be remembered by the friendly owners at The Maxwell Inn. Once I arrived in town locals recommended that I stay at the hotel because of the friendly owners and location to the towns attractions. This hotel was located within walking distance to the downtown area.

Rooms were obviously recently remodeled. All items in the room were new and did not show any signs of wear and tear. Bathroom fixtures were clean and modern. The owners did not cut any corners with remodeling this hotel.

Noise was not an issue for me as the hotel is located far enough away from traffic. The only noise I could hear was the sounds of the Elk passing in the area. This was the best sound to experience while visiting colorado. If you want to see elk up close visit Estes Park.

I believe my stay at The Maxwell Inn has totaled 12 weeks in total. Yes 12 weeks at this hotel and it was an excellent place to stay. One of my weeks was over the Thanksgiving holiday. The owners main concern was that I had a place to enjoy a good meal and invited me to Thanksgiving dinner.

I would highly recommend this hotel for my friends and family.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
8  Thank Rick F
MaxwellInn, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Rick - it was a pleasure to be able to accommodate you for such an extended time. We are truly glad that you were able to make our Inn your home away from home while you were working in Estes. Thank you for your appreciation of our friendly customer service, quaint and quiet room. We also are happy to hear that you enjoyed meeting our family, so much of the hospitality business is making people feel welcome and like family. Follow our website or Facebook page to see the renovations that are continuing since your departure. And as always, come back and see us again sometime!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We did not plan to go to Estes Park due to the shutdown, but then decided to visit the Rocky Mountain NP after reopening. The Maxwell Inn was on the top in Tripadvisor list and I booked it with no doubt. We easily found that nice place by navigator. Our room was not made, so, we had to move to room #9, which was clean, warm and comfortable. I cannot say we had a nice view from our room. The weather was very favourable to us - on the way to EP from DEN we drove in heavy snow, what was not easy. Next morning we had shining sun and blue sky. Breakfast is a kind of homestay style - simple, good and friendly. It is served at the reception area. The location is not in the downtown, you have to walk for 5-10 minutes to the central shopping street for food and entertainment. There is a good microbrewery in EP, highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Vlad K
MaxwellInn, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Vlad and Family - Thank you for choosing to stay at The Maxwell Inn. Our apologies again about the room not being ready when you arrived - however we're glad we could immediately get you into a comparable room that you found clean, warm, and comfortable! Our town very much appreciated those that decided to give Estes a chance after the flood, and I think you found that we got back to normal pretty quick! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our Inn and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed at the Maxwell Inn for 3 nites at the end of 2013. The room (#4) was comfortable and roomy, with nice extras like a fridge and microwave. I have back trouble, and the bed, although fairly new, was too soft for me. I asked if they had a pad or something I could put on the floor, and within hours they had set up a twin bed for me, and made sure I was comfortable. They couldn't have been nicer. It would be good to have some dresser drawers too, but other reviews have indicated that those are planned. The breakfast room was cosy and had a decent selection of cereal, fruit, yogurt, coffee, etc. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying at The Maxwell Inn. When you told me that you may have to leave due to issues with the bed and your back, I knew I wanted to at least try to make you comfortable for the remainder of your stay. It makes us happy to know that we could accommodate you and that you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay in Estes park. As for the suggestions about drawers in the room, we have our carpenter working feverishly this winter in order to complete more custom made furniture with drawers! Thank you again for allowing us to address, in the moment, any issues/concerns you had about your stay. We look forward to having you two stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed last weekend in Estes Park for our son's wedding, the Maxwell Inn is in a great location just outside of town. The owners are onsite and go above and beyond to make your stay warm and inviting. They really embrace the role as innkeepers! We enjoyed our stay very much, the rooms are beyond clean, if you are used to the chain hotels you will be spoiled by a stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Bruce N
MaxwellInn, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Bruce - it was pleasure chatting and getting to know you and your family! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope that if/when you return to Estes Park that we can be your first choice for lodging. We wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year!