“I am IN LOVE with Dropping Springs Resort!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Dripping Springs Resort
Ranked #8 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Saint Louis, Missouri
“I am IN LOVE with Dropping Springs Resort!!”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I spent a long girls getaway Labor Day weekend with my friend here and it was so fabulous! We booked last minute and were lucky enough to get an accommodation. They were completely booked but were able to offer us a Lovely and cute renovated RV that they use when they are full. It was PERFECT for us and was right by the river! I was incredible impressed with the RV and was so happy to have gotten a reservation! The last night we were able to move to a B&B room which was also great! The property is breathtaking and incredibly lovely. It was paradise! Each morning I woke up to enjoy a cup of coffee (thanks Janie!) and walk the grounds. I thoroughly enjoyed strolling along the river early in the morning, breathing the fresh mountain air. There is an area by the river where you can enjoy hammocks and chairs, relax, read, or even use your computer (they have great wifi, which I needed to complete work for grad school).
Janie, Oliver and John were such wonderful people. They made the stay the absolute best. Each night my friend and I made S'mores by the fire, and listened to the river while we slept. The B&B room had a private patio with a hot tub which was a delightful way to end our evenings.
Breakfast was scrumptious and quite possibly the best breakfast I have ever encountered at a B&B.
I loved Dripping Springs so much I want to return next fall for my honeymoon. I can't wait to try out one of the cabins, which all looked stunning!
I cannot praise this place enough, and cannot thank Janie, Oliver and John enough for making this a weekend I will never forget. I have been coming to Estes Park with my family since I was 7years old but stayed every time at the YMCA of the Rockies. Dripping Springs is closer to the entrance to Estes Park and we were a very convenient 8 minutes to downtown. It was such a beautiful and rejuvenating weekend I really can't wait to return!!!! I adore Dripping Springs and want everyone to know how wonderful it is!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 9 September 2012

The rooms at this bed and breakfast are private and nice. We had a cozy front porch and a secluded back patio with a jacuzzi. The room was rustic yet had modern conveniences such as a sleep number bed and flat screen TV.
Our favorite part of our stay here was the hammock by the River, and the delicious breakfast!
We thouroughly enjoyed the serenity we found by the river and the genuine friendliness of the owners.

Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed 4 September 2012

this is a great family getaway. Close to the town of Estes Park and the Rocky Mtn National Park. Love horseback riding at the Elkhorn Lodge and touring the Stanley Hotel. The people who own the resort are very friendly and welcoming. Great to be right on the Big Thompson River. Nice hot tubs and fire pits for making stores.

We we three times this summer and has a great time each visit.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 31 August 2012

My husband and I spent our first official vacation after the birth of our son at Dripping Springs Resort. We stayed in the Canopy room. First off, it did not feel like a hotel room at all. It was romantic and homey at the same time. The room had a more of a private one room cabin feel. The front entrance is more of a porch and the room had a balcony with a view of the river and lots of trees. You can here the river from your room and the wind through the trees. There is no A/C which is fine because of the cross ventilation you get from the screen doors. There is a private Jacuzzi on the back porch. WHich we enjoyed at night after it cooled down a bit. The back of the property is in a aspen grove. Which is set up with hammocks and chairs for relaxation. We sipped wine in the evening by the river. There is enough room for everyone to carve out a private area of their own. The owners are very hospitable. They serve up a scrumptious breakfast as well!! They have cute dogs too!!!

Room Tip: The canopy room has a romantic feel to it!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Hoxie, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This was our second stay at Dripping Springs, in the Pinewood Cabin. We love everything about this little cabin... the proximity to the Big Thompson River, the private hot tub, the fire pit, the king-size bed. Janie, Oliver and John are very caring and accomodating. Estes Park is hands-down the best resort town in Colorado. So much to see and do, and so close to Rocky Mountain National Park. We very much enjoyed the Park this trip, and even having to use the shuttle because of the Bear Lake Road reconstruction was no problem at all. We went for a leisurely stroll around Bear Lake, then hiked up to Alberta Falls for a picnic lunch. We saw three elk just a few feet from the trail, but of course you can always see elk right in town in Estes! And when we were tired from our outings or just wanted to relax, Dripping Springs is so quiet and peaceful. We hope to return next year, and possibly rent a bigger cabin and take the whole family.

Room Tip: If you have questions about which cabin or cottage room would be right for you, I would suggest just...
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My Boyfriend and I have stayed here every year for the past four years. It is one of our favorite places in Colorado. We look forward to our stay here every year. We are met with warmth and hospitality from Janie, Oliver, and John. We always feel right at home. I could spend days laying in the hammocks or lounging in chairs by the river. I'm so thankful to have a home away from home in RMNP! The Willow Cabin has been our favorite so far, very cozy and just right for two people.

Room Tip: The cabins are best if you plan to cook your own meals, but you can't beat the breakfast you get...
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We recently stayed at Dripping Springs for our honeymoon and had a wonderful time! We stayed in the Alamo cabin which was just perfect - secluded, view of the river, private hot tub, and just the right size. The cabin is the perfect size for two, anymore would be too much. We took advantage of the grill and firepit while we were there. The resort is close to everything in Estes Park, including RMNP. The owners are very welcoming and helpful with suggestions for activities. The common areas are great as well. We hung out in a large hammock by the river one afternoon, and there's a nice fountain area to relax at as well. All in all, we had a great time and we plan to return for a future anniversary trip!

Room Tip: The Alamo is off by itself so it is very secluded. You will not see anyone else while you are there...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple