“Clean, lovely, simple, well-run”
Review of Columbine Inn

Columbine Inn
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My boyfriend and I spent two nights in Estes Park and chose Columbine Inn based on TripAdvisor reviews. The reviews we read were exactly right- the rooms and property are extremely clean and organized (in comparison with some dumpier looking places in Estes Park), the amenities are great (large mini-fridge in the room, nice TV, good bed, good bathroom), and the manager (John) was extremely friendly and helpful when we checked in. I get the sense that the Columbine is owned/operated locally (probably by John), and you can tell there's a lot of pride in the place, which is why it's kept up so well.

Would definitely recommend this place to any budget-conscious traveler who's looking for a nice, clean, comfortable place.

Room Tip: Room 14 is fine, and that's the only one we saw!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 July 2012

My husband and I and our 2 teenage kids spent one night in their "Family Suite". For a tad less than the price of 2 rooms elsewhere, we got a nice roomy master bedroom with sink and mirror, BUT no TV! Other room was a sofa sleeper that when opened you had to walk sideways and bend a bit to not hit the fireplace mantle. Photos online are deceiving on size. It is a small space and made even smaller with 2 parents and 2 teenagers forced to be in the tiny room with the only TV. My husband wanted nothing more than to relax on the comfy bed and watch the All- Star Game! No in room coffee maker, although you do have fridge and microwave and supplies to cook mac and cheese or something else simple BUT, you will not find a "Continental Breakfast" that opens later with less choices than here. If you want clean, cozy, and a simple place to lay your head on a pillow, don't need to watch television, or have a decent breakfast that most places provide now, it will be worth your dollar.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 12 June 2012

It was very clean and the fridge was a plus. Great location. And our dog loved the prairie dogs in the grounds surrounding the motel!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Diane G
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I had a wonderful stay and I will definitely come back. I felt welcomed by the owner and the staff was wonderful. The rooms were very clean. I liked sitting right outside my room and enjoying the weather.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mary s
Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

My mom and I stay at this hotel last July, and the owners were so nice to us and our dog.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank lacykr33
Reviewed 1 December 2011

We stayed the end of Sept. and we very happy wirh the facilities, friendliness of the owner and the cleaning staff. We stayed in different rooms due to no reservation, on a busy weekend. Rooms were more than adequit, and very clean. We travel alot and do not need a motel with a bar,restaurant,pool,or exersize room, so due not want to pay for these things. Great beds, clean bathrooms paticularly, and friendliness of staff all are important. Location is also good, away from town but still close enough to be convienient. Would definately stay here again, and recomend to others not wanting a high dollar stay.

Room Tip: Suites are nice, but regular rooms worked well also.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rockymntlover
Reviewed 20 August 2011

The staff was friendly, especially with us showing up late and needing a room. The screen doors are nice so the air can blow through the room. A/C worked great, my wife got cold but it was a perfect temperature for me. The extra toiletries were a nice touch, as well as the night-lite in the bathroom. I could tell the rooms had been redone recently because the head boards were pine beetle kill wood. It looked great in those rooms.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple