“Most outstanding B&B you will find.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gilded Pine Meadows Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gilded Pine Meadows Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Denver, co
“Most outstanding B&B you will find.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

After traveling the world for many years and staying at many B&Bs, I can honestly say this is my favorite. The service is second to none. The hosts, Eric and Caprissa make you feel right at home. If you enjoy antiques and learning about the history of the area, look no further--this is your place. We arrived late and the last thing we wanted to do is think about finding a restaurant for dinner. To our amazement, Eric, being the proactive guy that he is, had already made reservations at a nearby place. I definitely recommend the Boyd room if you are looking for more space and a bigger bed (queen). It costs more, but is definitely worth the upgrade. Also, if you are looking for a place with a hot tub--the hot tub here is second to none. If you like to spend time outside, they have 4+ acres of serenity filled with swings, gazeebos, passing wildlife, etc. You will never meet such genuinely nice and real people as the hosts. They have extensive knowledge about anything you'd like to do in the area and are a real joy to relax and talk to. We will certainly be going back. 5 stars doesn't seem like enough for this place--if I could give more I would. Book this room--it's the best decision you will make. Happy travels, Shaun

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed at Gilded Pine Meadows this past weekend to get away from the city. I've stayed at several bed and breakfasts, and this experience was by far the most positive. Eric and Caprissa are wonderful hosts; very down to earth, welcoming, helpful, and we had great conversations. Eric made dinner reservations for us, had excellent hiking recommendations, and gave us directions. The breakfasts were incredible, the bed was comfortable, and we hot tubbed under a clear, starlit sky. For those who like antiques, they have an incredible collection, their entire house is beautifully decorated. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liz D
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Sumptuous, innovative and filling breakfast served in a table with ever changing table mats and plates, a house full of quaint artifacts and a lot of history, spotless rooms and the cozy setting of the property, impeccable suggestions and guidance from the hosts (Eric and Capressa) - all this much more than enough to make our (me, my wife and my in-laws) 3 night stay in Estes park/ RMNP memorable. But yet, when you leave, you realize, you have somehow gotten something unquantifiable. Call it friendship, love or the savoring humor, it was that extra thing that made this stay worth more than you could just measure in stars.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank suvarup
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

Eric really went out of his way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. He suggested hiking trails and restaurants, and even made reservations for us. We stayed there for 2 days and he cooked us a wonderful breakfast on both days.
My only issue was with the room - we wanted to save money and booked the smaller bedroom in the house. The room, bed, and bathroom are really tiny. Go for the larger bedroom if you have a lot of luggage - we had two small suitcases and still felt cramped. The room is really just enough for one adult.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travelbug_2683
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at Gilded Pine Meadows while in Estes Park to attend a wedding. Eric was a great host and the breakfast was delicious. It is a quiet location just out of downtown, but it is easily walkable to downtown. We will definitely stay there again if in Estes Park!

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cat44_10
Grand-Leez
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

Don't have to say a lot, in a few words Eric was the perfect host! We understand now what western hospitality means, Eric make reservations for us at a local restaurant, plan our trip to the Park etc etc,If you are looking for a reasonable priced B&B, close to downtown but not too close, head to the Gilded Pine Meadows, you will arrive as guest and will leave as friend
"MERCI BEAUCOUP" Eric for what you did for us

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Denbill
Mount Vernon, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

I made a solo trip to Estes Park after spending a week at the Univ. of Colorado in Boulder for a seminar. Wanting to get a little R & R, I found the GPM on the internet and read the trip advisor reviews. Nearly all of them were perfect so I decided to book a three night stay so I could enjoy the Mountains and scenic beauty.

I found out very quickly what hospitality meant when I visited GPM. If you've never been to a B & B before, this place is the standard. The owners, Caprissa and her husband Eric, understand exactly what a B & B should be. There hospitality was first rate.

When I arrived at 4pm on Saturday, Eric was patiently waiting for me. I quickly found out that the house is a piece of Estes Park history. Eric was more than happy to explain the home's history from 1907! The home was beautifully decorated with vintage western style furniture, silver wear, and antiques. The parlor was wonderfully decorated. It even had a 19th century piano that was the first to be commercially sold. The room that I stayed in was well kept and comfortable. I had no complaints. Breakfast was SUPERB! Honestly, it was probably some of the best prepared breakfast I have ever had. I say this without any hesitation that it is the best breakfast in Estes Park hands down. My favorite was the freshly chopped apples and bananas mixed with yogurt and coconut shaving blended with granola. Unbelievable recipe!

Eric was an excellent hostess. He provided me with advice on where to eat, driving directions, or just his interesting conversation. Every afternoon Eric would make my reservations for dinner at a local restaurant (which he did not have to do). His recommendations were always good. He knew which places to frequent and which places to avoid in town. If you're interested in hiking in the Rocky Mt. Nat. Park, again Eric knows exactly what hikes to make. I made two hikes early in the morning that Eric helped plan. Eric was nice enough to wake up early to prepare breakfast for me (which again, I stress, he did not have to do) so I could hike with a full stomach. How many B & B's would do that? Not many!

If you're looking for a reasonably priced B & B close to Estes Park, but not so close you're in the downtown area, head to GPM. The owners are class and understand the dynamics of a B & B. They're down to earth people who treat their guests with unrivaled hospitality. Cheers GPM!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo