“great food, even better view”
Review of Tavern 1929

Tavern 1929
Ranked #42 of 137 Restaurants in Estes Park
Price range: US$8 - US$36
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We ate dinner at the lodge and it was all delicious, from the grilled salmon to the beef lilet to the hamburger, all were served quickly and tasted wonderful. We also had the Sunday Brunch which has many choices including an omlette chef to make one how you want it. Brunch was very reasonably priced and all you can eat. Try to get a table on the deck for beautiful views of the lake and valley..... a free bonus...LOL.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I've been to the Tavern a few times over the last few years however my most recent visit over the Memorial Day weekend solidly placed Mary's Lake Lodge and Tavern as one of my all time favorite places. The new manager, Morgan, has really stepped things up a notch, scratch that, multiple notches and surpassed all expecations. The service from the wait staff to bartender was impeccable. I have many food allergies and the staff didn't blink an eye or seem the least bit annoyed with my questions regarding ingredients. Living in San Francisco we are accustomed to superior quality when it comes to eating establishments. The Tavern is up there with the best. Happy 100th birthday MLL, here's to another century of awsomeness!!!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Delightful evening at The Tavern at Marys Lake Lode in Estes Park. This lodge is under new management and a few changes have been made. The food is a bit pricy, but good. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. Delicious strawberry & rhubarb pie!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We ate at this restaurant for our anniversary dinner. A co-worker recommended it to me. It is on the pricier end but the food is excellent. We wanted to eat someplace special for our anniversary and we were not disappointed. The wait staff took care of our every need. Since we had never been there before we had a little trouble figuring out how to get in to the restaurant but it was worth the trip. You will want to make a reservation for this popular establishment.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I took my mother out to lunch here on a blustery, snowy April Saturday. Other than some musicians (who, presumably, were practicing for their evening gig), we had the dining room to ourselves. The food was tasty and nicely presented, but our strongest impression was the friendly service.