“just what we wanted”

Kirks Flyshop & Mountain Adventures
Ranked #5 of 55 Shopping in Estes Park
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a family owned and operated, full pro-line fly shop & mountain adventure company, located in beautiful Estes Park, Colorado, gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. Offering Guided Fly Fishing Day Trips, Private Water Trips, Overnight Backpacking Trips, Horseback & Llama Pack Trips, Day Hikes, Longs Peak Trips, Snowshoe Trips and more in Rocky Mountain National Park and the surrounding Estes Valley.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I had my wife and two boys with me for a guided fly fishing trip. Caleb is 10 and Titus is 5. John and Ben our guides asked me what my goal was. I want my boys to hook and land a trout on a fly rod while wearing their waders. Ask and you shall receive. Great time gentlemen. Great shop and helpful staff.

All reviews
"his knowledge"
"lake estes"
"in town"
in 6 reviews
"rocky mountain national park"
"flies"
in 26 reviews
"waders"
in 22 reviews
"rainbow"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have a fair amount of experience fly fishing, but I wanted to introduce my wife and three kids to the sport. I have two sons (12 and 10) and a daughter (8). I explained to the shop that I wanted them to have a nice experience fly fishing and hopefully catch their first trout on a fly. Kirks delivered. Our guides Ryan and Nick were professional, knowledgeable and friendly. I've fished with many guides around the country and these two were very good. Everyone in the family caught fish and I caught the two largest rainbows I've caught in the 7 years I've been fishing the Rocky Mountain National Park. My wife even wants to start fishing with me. On a side note, Kirks shop has a great selection of outdoor gear.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have been fly fishing for awhile but booked a trip with a guide for the first time. Jay, my guide, spent time finding out what I wanted to accomplish and designed the morning around my goals. Great fun, great fish! I recommend booking early. Some out of town friends tried for a same day trip and all of the guides were booked.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was the first time my son and I fly fished, and it couldn't have been better. This four four trip was a gift from my wife and our guide Ben Brown not only taught us the basics of fly fishing but made sure we had fun catching both rainbow and brook trout. Kirks made sure we were outfitted with the necessary gear and Ben took care of the rest. We fished for over four hours and made memories that will last a lifetime. Ben was great and far surpassed my expectations as a guide.