“Good for Breakfast”
Review of Mountain Strong Restaurant - CLOSED

Mountain Strong Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Skip the packed restaurants in town and try this little restaurant on the outskirts of town. They have a great breakfast and good coffee!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stopped by the Mountain Strong restaurant a couple of times last week. If you're not willing to park and take on the crowds on the main drag, this is a good option.
I had the turkey wrap the first day and it was good and hearty. I especially liked the cole slaw which was homemade and featured raisins.

The second visit was with my nephew who ordered beef soft tacos. They were fine, but the cook didn't heed the special instructions to take off some of the fixings. But, that's okay. My fish tacos were fine/okay. They were tasty, but the fish was not fresh. Since I eat fresh seafood at home everyday, I didn't even think to ask about that. It wasn't bad, just from the freezer.

Don't order the chips and salsa. The chips are too hard. Not thin and crispy. However, the salsa is very good. Their guacamole is great, too.

Overall, it's as good as anything on the main strip and better than most.

1  Thank GypsyTraveler87
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic food, excellent service and great family run business. After one visit I was hooked. Worth checking out.

2  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed my visit to the restaurant. What a warm welcome and abundant food. I had the breakfast burrito that I couldn't begin to finish. Great trip for hikers and picnickers, they have great value take outs

1  Thank Gonevandy
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Well we were starved by 2 PM so not enough time to check tripadvisor. What a mistake!
I had the trout and my wife the fish and chips. The trout was prepared so badly or it was so old that you could literally hold it by the tail and it would lay out straight in the air. It taste terrible. My wife's fish likewise was over done and tasteless. The waitress and the French fries were both delicious and friendly.