“Perfect for a relaxing vacation”

Aspen Winds on Fall River
nebraska
“Perfect for a relaxing vacation”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband made reservations at Aspen Winds for my birthday. Loved every minute and would go back in a heartbeat. We had a 1 bedroom with a kitchenette and spa bath. Very spacious, comfortable and clean. Our unit opened onto a small river and we could sit on our deck, drink coffee and just relax. The owners, Phil and Dot were warm and friendly and made us feel like part of their family. I would highly recommend Aspen Winds!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Had a great weekend stay. Our room was clean and spacious. Housekeeping took care of our dirty glasses and dishes, which was a welcome surprise. Very convenient, peaceful location. It was a perfect choice for a weekend getaway. The owners were friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My husband and I spent 5 nights here 6/29-7/4. Perfect location between Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park downtown. Beautiful river side, we enjoyed sitting near the river and watching the wildlife. We had a one bedroom with full kitchen (#2). We had everything we needed and more. Very clean and we appreciated the daily housekeeping. The bed and bedroom were very comfortable. The friendly owners will be happy to help you with anything you need. Besides Aspen Winds, the best thing we did in Estes Park was the Stanley Hotel Tour. I highly recommend it. We followed with a lunch at their outdoor cafe beside a waterfall.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Maryland, USA
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Aspen Winds on Fall River is the perfect relaxing and romantic setting for a getaway, or in our case our honeymoon. The rooms have a cozy cabin feel. The tub jacuzzi's are a wonderful way to relax in a romantic evening after hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park. The fall river runs right through the back seating area in Aspen Winds and is a beautiful spot to enjoy a warm breakfast or picnic lunch near the waters edge. I have been going to Aspen Winds since I was a kid and as an adult my joy and appreciation of Aspen Winds only grows! This is the only place we will stay in Estes Park!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dickinson, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The family and I spent 4 nights there during July 4th week. The staff and owners are very nice and helpful. Rooms are clean and there was plenty of room for me, my wife and 2 teenage girls. First night there we had a visiting Elk right out our back door in the morning. Love the sound of the river. Ready to go back for a longer stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Beautiful location, friendly elk visitors, helpful kind owners. We enjoyed walking the neighborhood and borrowing DVDs. Loved the sound of Fall River just outside our door. We'll be back!

Note that the kitchen is more dorm-like than full. :-)

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank swimpinkhank
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My girlfriend and I recently spent an evening at "Aspen Winds on Fall River" on July 3, 2013 as part of a longer vacation in Colorado. We could have spent the entire week there. The facilities are immaculately clean, very modern in comfort, yet maintains an ombiance conducive to feeling like you are in the beautiful Rockies with a rustic flair. The owners are professional and warm and very helpful in pointing out where to eat and what sites to visit. I highly recommend Aspen Winds to anyone. I have already passed this information onto a couple we met while in Breckenridge who make trips to Estes Park. I will most certainly make it back to Aspen Winds on my next trip to Colorado. Well worth it. Thanks "Dot"!

Room Tip: We had an upper room with a view of Fall River below us. Spectacular for the beauty!