“Very Good BBQ in Estes Park”

Smokin' Dave's BBQ & Tap House
Ranked #5 of 133 Restaurants in Estes Park
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
“Very Good BBQ in Estes Park”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We at Dave's 4 years ago and ate their again on our most recent visit. It was just as good as we remembered. We would recommend Dave's BBQ.

Seattle, Washington
“It's clear why there's a line up!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Went with friends on a Tuesday and there was about 45 minute wait for dinner. Since they allowed us to put our name in and leave for a while it wasn't a big deal though. All four of us had platter meals and loved them. Beef brisket is reputed to be their best meat. I had the pulled pork and it was also amazing: superb flavor, excellent texture, and the original sauce I put on it was oh so good! I also enjoyed the green beans and sweet potato fries as sides, though my husband would not choose the red beans and rice again because they are not as good as he's used to from the South.

Entrees are around $15, some higher, some lower. All of the meats are gluten free, as are the sauces for the meat.

Dallas, Texas
“Try the Fried Pickles”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

They were out of fried pickles...boo! We remembered them from a family vacation several years ago. The family platter (~$35) was plenty of food for our family of 4. It says it serves 2-3, but we actually had more than enough, and we came hungry. Will definitely come back here the next time we're in town!

Visited June 2014
Sherwood, Oregon
“True BBQ worth the drive”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

What a tasty stop. Reminded us of the BBQ places we use to go to when we lived in Kansas. Large portions and great selection. My husband had combo ribs and pulled pork with sides of beans and slaw. I had pulled pork sandwich with fries. Reasonable and quality was excellent. Worth the drive from Granby over the ridge another highlight of our trip. True BBQ.

Wisconsin
“Great food and reasonably priced!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I am a BBQ lover so it is hard for me to complain. The food was good, and I like places like this that offer several BBQ sauce options at your table. I also must comment on their glass size. The water glasses are HUGE! I am a big water drinker (usually one or two refills) and I don't think I finished my first glass! We had to wait awhile to get a table but it was fairly busy on a Saturday night. I would eat here again.

Visited June 2014