“Good Bad and the Ugly”

Ranked #1 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Illinois
“Good Bad and the Ugly”
Reviewed 5 November 2007

All the rooms at the RiverSong are wonderful. The breakfast was great each day and the evening dinner option is well worth the package price. The views streamside can keep you there all of an afternoon. The massage was one the best I have ever had. This was the good.
The bad aspect was right at our check in. They were not friendly and we did not feel welcome. Yes, we were early. But I doubt that we are the only people to over do the first day of Rocky Mtn. Park hiking. They do not have afternoon staff. They could be more flexible. It was not a pleasant start to our stay and I do not know that we would stay there again. We saw the same event occur the following day , as more people waited around for a check in.
The ugly. Most of the grounds around the inn were not mowed or kept up. What looked to be small streams were just gullies of mud. Plies of old porch swings were laying around. Several swings or benches were just too rough to sit on. Flats of flowers were not planted just sitting there.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bed&breakfastfans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
los angeles
Reviewed 1 November 2007

I didn't get married at the Riversong (you can, if you wish), but I enjoyed staying there nonetheless. I've stayed at the inn three times and found it a great place to relax after hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park. It's conveniently located on Mary's Lake Road just after you exit the park, so you can steer clear of Estes Park traffic and tourists. The Riversong is quiet enough to leave the windows open on an August night and fall asleep to the flow of a nearby stream. Close the windows in the late afternoon and you can snooze through a thunderstorm outside. No TVs here, but in the early evening, you might see a couple of cottontails bouncing, maybe an elk, or a honeymoon couple strolling by.
My favorite room is the Indian Paintbrush, which spices up the tranquil setting with red sheets, art gallery prints, and fake cacti. I liked sleeping on the room's "Swing Bed," though I probably did not have as much fun with it as a pair of newlyweds might have!

• Liked — I always enjoy chatting with Gary and his staff; they made me feel right at home. While some B&B's resent it when I do not show up for breakfast, the Riversong provided a breakfast bag to go when I hit the trail in early a.m. hours. Riversong cookies were rated the top snack on Longs Peak, at least with climbers I met at the top!
  • Disliked — the quarter mile gravel entry road is a little rough on rental cars, a cost, I guess, of a quiet location.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
3 Thank wheninroam
loveland
Reviewed 21 October 2007

We live just 45 minutes away from the Inn and make it a yearly trip for one or more nights. My husband and I have stayed twice and I took my mother once also. It is the best all around Inn we have stayed in and we try several Inns a year. Indian Paintbrush , which we tried is fun for the young at heart. We have stayed in the Pasque Flower once also and that is the one I took my mom to. It can be very romantic or just fun for a girls night out. The food is fantastic as well as the Inn keepers. With so many suites to chose from it is an Inn made for every taste and budget. I am planning our next trip soon.
Chris K Vetter
Loveland CO

• Liked — The rooms and location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank cody02
Denver,Co
Reviewed 17 October 2007

After years of visiting Estes Park we have finally found the best place to stay. Because we live in Denver we have assumed word of mouth , or maybe osmosis, was the best way to find accommodations in Estes Park. Normally when we travel we search for B and B's but we really hadn't looked in Estes. What a mistake. Now we have solved the problem of loving the area but not loving the rooms. Riversong was lovely; with a spectacular view and location. The staff was courteous and very helpful. The rooms are great and very clean, which can never be taken for granted in so many other places. Thanks to our very friendly innkeeper, Lee, we even found new restaurants. We are happy that we have finally discovered romantic riversong.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank samandellen
Boulder
Reviewed 25 September 2007

We stayed in Romantic Riversong B&B for my birthday in April of 2007.
What a cozy and tranquil place! The room was perfect, with a fireplace and library. We stayed for two nights and spent most of the day in the park hiking. My husband arranged for a massage for two (through the B&B) when we came back from snowshoeing and the massage therapist was one of the best we ever had. After three days I felt I have had a one-week vacation. One of the best things about the place is that you feel so taken care off, fire is lit, cookies and tea served, music is playing but you hardly ever encounter the innkeepers. So you feel like you have your own private hideout.
We met the owner and he was very friendly and talked about his plans for his property. It seems they are always working and improving the site and the house and it shows!

• Liked — quality of B&B, room
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ocean35
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 17 September 2007

We had a wonderful two-day stay in the Meadow Bright Suite and can't say enough wonderful things about this inn! Our welcome was warm and kind (as we arrived late in the evening). The room was charming and has a magnificent tub and rock shower. Driving around the Elk in the driveway was fun! Breakfast was wondeful and overall I look forward to retuning to Estes Park and this inn. This was the first stay of a month long trip and it was a great start!

• Liked — Location was wonderful
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
6 Thank JMCGIVNEY
Texas
Reviewed 14 September 2007

The moment we saw the beautiful setting of mountains in the background and the fall colors of the trees in the courtyard, we knew this Inn would be the perfect place for us ! We were in desperate need of peace and quiet as well as a little romance.
When we entered the charming home we were greeted with smiling faces and a warm welcome. The dining room was warm and cheery in the daytime and soft and candle-lit in the evening. The kitchen was filled with the most delightful fragrances of culinary delights ! The common area was filled with books and cozy furniture. And on the coffee table at night there was always a carafe of hot coffee or Hot Chocolate and a platter of freshly baked cookies. Our room ("Wood Nymph") was beautiful. The suite was spacious and cozy at the same time. There was plenty of room to cuddle up with a good book or snuggle down together in the huge comfortable bed. We awoke each morning to the sweet song of birds in the trees and a magnificent view of the mountains. Our private deck was a relaxing area on which to sip that first cup of piping hot coffee and munch on a fragrant muffin hot out of the oven. From there, we headed to the dining room to enjoy a wonderful breakfast cooked to perfection which gave us the energy to take a long walk hand in hand up the trails to a secluded place overlooking the town. We did indeed find the peace & quiet we were looking for as well as a romantic interlude. My husband has always been very romantic & this was just what he was after to remind me of his love. Our hearts have been renewed and we can't wait for our return visit to Romantic River Song !

• Liked — The beauty & peace of the Inn & surrounding areas.
  • Stayed September 2005, travelled as a couple