“Amazing for my Honeymoon!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Romantic Riversong Bed and Breakfast Inn

Romantic Riversong Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Missouri
“Amazing for my Honeymoon!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2007

I booked this place for my honeymoon. It was amazing. My wife and I stayed four nights and had four great breakfasts. It's got a beautiful location with tons of fun stuff to do near by. The keepers of the inn are very friendly. Absolutly loved it.

Stayed December 2007
3 Thank rosst11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Rome, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2007

October 19, 2007

My husband and I spent one night in Shooting Star. The room was clean and cozy. However, if you need a lot of space to dress and get ready, you may want to choose a different room. There is no counter space at all. We enjoyed the unique home and property. The breakfast was wonderful. We would certainly stay at the inn again.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Advisors
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2007

All the rooms at the RiverSong are wonderful. The breakfast was great each day and the evening dinner option is well worth the package price. The views streamside can keep you there all of an afternoon. The massage was one the best I have ever had. This was the good.
The bad aspect was right at our check in. They were not friendly and we did not feel welcome. Yes, we were early. But I doubt that we are the only people to over do the first day of Rocky Mtn. Park hiking. They do not have afternoon staff. They could be more flexible. It was not a pleasant start to our stay and I do not know that we would stay there again. We saw the same event occur the following day , as more people waited around for a check in.
The ugly. Most of the grounds around the inn were not mowed or kept up. What looked to be small streams were just gullies of mud. Plies of old porch swings were laying around. Several swings or benches were just too rough to sit on. Flats of flowers were not planted just sitting there.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank bed&breakfastfans
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2007

I didn't get married at the Riversong (you can, if you wish), but I enjoyed staying there nonetheless. I've stayed at the inn three times and found it a great place to relax after hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park. It's conveniently located on Mary's Lake Road just after you exit the park, so you can steer clear of Estes Park traffic and tourists. The Riversong is quiet enough to leave the windows open on an August night and fall asleep to the flow of a nearby stream. Close the windows in the late afternoon and you can snooze through a thunderstorm outside. No TVs here, but in the early evening, you might see a couple of cottontails bouncing, maybe an elk, or a honeymoon couple strolling by.
My favorite room is the Indian Paintbrush, which spices up the tranquil setting with red sheets, art gallery prints, and fake cacti. I liked sleeping on the room's "Swing Bed," though I probably did not have as much fun with it as a pair of newlyweds might have!

• Liked — I always enjoy chatting with Gary and his staff; they made me feel right at home. While some B&B's resent it when I do not show up for breakfast, the Riversong provided a breakfast bag to go when I hit the trail in early a.m. hours. Riversong cookies were rated the top snack on Longs Peak, at least with climbers I met at the top!
  • Disliked — the quarter mile gravel entry road is a little rough on rental cars, a cost, I guess, of a quiet location.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
3 Thank wheninroam
loveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2007

We live just 45 minutes away from the Inn and make it a yearly trip for one or more nights. My husband and I have stayed twice and I took my mother once also. It is the best all around Inn we have stayed in and we try several Inns a year. Indian Paintbrush , which we tried is fun for the young at heart. We have stayed in the Pasque Flower once also and that is the one I took my mom to. It can be very romantic or just fun for a girls night out. The food is fantastic as well as the Inn keepers. With so many suites to chose from it is an Inn made for every taste and budget. I am planning our next trip soon.
Chris K Vetter
Loveland CO

• Liked — The rooms and location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank cody02
Denver,Co
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2007

After years of visiting Estes Park we have finally found the best place to stay. Because we live in Denver we have assumed word of mouth , or maybe osmosis, was the best way to find accommodations in Estes Park. Normally when we travel we search for B and B's but we really hadn't looked in Estes. What a mistake. Now we have solved the problem of loving the area but not loving the rooms. Riversong was lovely; with a spectacular view and location. The staff was courteous and very helpful. The rooms are great and very clean, which can never be taken for granted in so many other places. Thanks to our very friendly innkeeper, Lee, we even found new restaurants. We are happy that we have finally discovered romantic riversong.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank samandellen
Boulder
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2007

We stayed in Romantic Riversong B&B for my birthday in April of 2007.
What a cozy and tranquil place! The room was perfect, with a fireplace and library. We stayed for two nights and spent most of the day in the park hiking. My husband arranged for a massage for two (through the B&B) when we came back from snowshoeing and the massage therapist was one of the best we ever had. After three days I felt I have had a one-week vacation. One of the best things about the place is that you feel so taken care off, fire is lit, cookies and tea served, music is playing but you hardly ever encounter the innkeepers. So you feel like you have your own private hideout.
We met the owner and he was very friendly and talked about his plans for his property. It seems they are always working and improving the site and the house and it shows!

• Liked — quality of B&B, room
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple