This was our second visit to Estes Park but our first visit to this B and B. my husband and u had plans on camping in the park, but the rain that lasted about 2 full days really dampened our camping experience. After much consideration my husband and I started making some calls for some dryer accommodations. Knowing that it was still tourist season and the elk fest was only 2 days away I knew finding something would be tough. We managed to find 3 places that could fit us in on such short notice. I remembered seeing this B and B online and remembered it being very nice. Furthermore I also remembered that a friend of mine stayed here only a few months back ( and she had good taste) so we decided to go for it. I can only assume there was a last minute cancellation because there's no way there would be a two day vacancy.
The road that leads u to the B and B is a little bumpy dirt road that feels like you are leaving society behind. Right before the driveway was a huge bull elk along with a few ewes as well. We pulled up to a cute home and was immediately greeted by Cindy ( who was off for the day) and Mary. We were checked in, told about breakfast, common areas ect and then we were escorted to the " cowboy suite". It was about 10 steps up to our suite which had a huge deck. Inside was a big cowboy themed room. Personally it is not a decor I would normally seek out or have, but it was very cute, warm, dry, and inviting. The bed was enormous and there was also a large jetted tub with bath oils and rubber ducks. There were two leather chairs, a table, and a book case. The bathroom was small but modern.
We went back to the main house were there was some coffee and homemade cookies. There we had the chance to talk to Mary and hear all about her adventures( I also learned that it was Mary I spoke with when making the reservation). I could have talked to her all night.
The next morning was a breakfast extravaganza. Coffee, juice, apple crisp, and spinach quiche. By far the best breakfast on our vacation. The cute dining room was filled with other guests from the uk and Berlin.
The next day we slept in a little later and had to wait for a table at breakfast. While doing so we chatted with other guests waiting for a table as well and took advantage of the coffee set out to help yourself. Breakfast on day two was banana pancakes with walnuts, juice, coffee, and fresh fruit. It was another delicious start to our day.
On this morning you could see a big bull elk standing on a little hill, deer and wild turkeys.
The grounds here are beautiful. Lots of places to sit and read( or drink coffee: tea)it would be foolish to just sit inside when the grounds are so beautiful. I consider myself very lucky to have been able to stay here.
Would I stay here again...... absolutely but I would want to try a different room because there are so many to choose from. I would love to visit in the winter and explore the property by snowshoe!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romantic RiverSong Inn is an inviting bed and breakfast offering the ideal location for an intimate Estes Park getaway. This quaint ten room inn is located at the end of a winding country lane and near trout streams and ponds, hiking trails and tree swings with spectacular scenery for all to enjoy. Our bedrooms are cozy, decorated with country furnishings for you to be lulled to sleep by the melody of our mountain stream. Our full country breakfast is the best you will find anywhere in town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Romantic Riversong Bed and Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Romantic Riversong Hotel Estes Park
- Romantic Riversong b&b Inn
- Romantic Riversong Bed And Breakfast Inn Estes Park, CO