It's been a week since we got back from our second visit to this wonderful B and B. Unfortunately we came to Colorado during the horrible rain storms and pretty much had to cancel all our hiking plans and hunker down here at RR. We already had reservations for the meadow bright room, but when our campsite was swamped out, they managed to accommodate us for another night. We were greeted warmly by Gary, who showed us to our beautiful cabin that was the nicest room we have ever stayed in. Gary's enthusiasm not only about his inn, but life was contagious. Gary was leaving us for a few days, but left us in the very capable hands of Kerry, the innkeeper. Little did I know we would be spending lots of time together during the rains. First our room was above and beyond what we expected. The web pictures do not capture this B and B at all. Our room had beautiful log furniture, huge bed, a two person tub, a rain shower glass shower, a double sided fireplace, mini fridge, a deck with table and chairs, assortment of books, and lots of small touches to warm up this beautiful cabin. Very warm, inviting and romantic!!! Although this room is more then I would normally spend, I was more then pleased with it.
The breakfasts were fanatic. Each morning there was a fruit course followed by a main course which also contained a meat of some sort. The coffee and juice were constantly filled and meeting new people at breakfast was fun and interesting.
The grounds are extensive. Many places to explore or simply take in the beauty that surrounds you. Elk deer and even a curious bear( although I didn't see, but made itself known during our stay) are constant visitors. Although we didn't hike it, there s also a great hiking trail on the property.
So this is where I truly give kudos to RR and Kerry the innkeeper. During the rainstorm(s), Kerry was a super star. For lack of any other word , we were stranded there. Flooding was going on in town, we couldn't hike, and quite frankly it was dangerous outside. Kerry hopped in the truck before it got bad out and ran to the store knowing things were going to get worse. Other guest too went to the store to get provisions as well. Other guests shared their food with us and we all had lunch together and chatted a bit. By dinner we were all huddled at the main house watching this monumental storm. Knowing no one could leave, Kerry made us a huge dinner where we all gathered like hours earlier at breakfast and shared a meal. The two other couples that were there with us were similar in age and interest so conversations flowed easily, along with getting to know our hostess Kerry. Although it was a mess outside, laughter and stories filled the room.
We may not have been lucky with the weather, we couldn't have been luckier with the company we shared.
I would absolutely stay here again and definitely in the same room since I now feel spoiled. Thank you Kerry for keeping us safe, dry, and fed during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romantic RiverSong Inn offers the ideal location for an intimate Estes Park getaway. This quaint ten room inn is located at the end of a winding country lane and near trout streams and ponds, hiking trails and tree swings with spectacular scenery for all to enjoy. Our bedrooms are cozy, decorated with country furnishings for you to be lulled to sleep by the melody of our mountain stream. Our full country breakfast is the best you will find anywhere in town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Romantic RiverSong Bed and Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Romantic Riversong b&b Inn
- Romantic Riversong Hotel Estes Park
- Romantic RiverSong Bed And Breakfast Inn Estes Park, CO