Since my parents live in Estes Park, we have wanted to drop the kids at Grandmas and stay at Riversong for a long time. We enjoyed our stay in the Wood Nymph Suite on August 22-23--a Friday and Saturday evening. We booked (well in advance) through the web site, followed up with a phone call, and had no problems with the process. As other reviewers have mentioned, the road to the property is terrible, and for $300 a night, we did expect shampoo and soap in the bathroom. But the setting is lovely, the rooms are charming, the breakfasts are fine, and the other guests were very congenial. We were hoping to add the Riversong to our list of frequently visited Colorado B & Bs.
We looked forward to a return visit for our 17th anniversary in October. My husband booked the Forget-Me-Not room for the weekend through the web site. To our surprise, we received a call around 10 p.m. informing us that our booking would be canceled because they do not accept Friday and Saturday night bookings--it must be Thu/Fri or Sat/Sun. We were rather bewildered because their reservation system had booked it, and we had stayed Fri/Sat during our previous stay, with no mention of this policy. The Riversong employee said she had no idea how we had been "allowed" to do that before (we met her during our previous visit, but she did not remember us.) So just be aware that if you make a weekend reservation, it may or may not be honored. Of course, they have the right to make any policy they choose and turn away all the business they want. But I was stung by their cold attitude and general disdain for a repeat, local customer. As she said, " We don't have trouble selling our rooms, so we don't worry about repeat business."
Estes Park is one of my favorite places in the world, and it has a variety of beautiful accomodations with warm and welcoming managers who do appreciate your business. I am sorry Riversong is not one of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romantic RiverSong Inn is an inviting bed and breakfast offering the ideal location for an intimate Estes Park getaway. This quaint ten room inn is located at the end of a winding country lane and near trout streams and ponds, hiking trails and tree swings with spectacular scenery for all to enjoy. Our bedrooms are cozy, decorated with country furnishings for you to be lulled to sleep by the melody of our mountain stream. Our full country breakfast is the best you will find anywhere in town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Romantic Riversong Bed and Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Romantic Riversong Hotel Estes Park
- Romantic Riversong b&b Inn
- Romantic Riversong Bed And Breakfast Inn Estes Park, CO