“Honeymoon”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Honeymoon”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My wife and I were on our honeymoon and were very pleased with Murphy's River Lodge. The customer service was absolutely fantastic, to checking in, to eating at the continental breakfast. The rooms are quite spacious with a king size bed, couch, TV, fireplace full bathroom and a fantastic view of the river. It felt very close to home when staying at Murphy's River Lodge.

The few disappointments was the bed was a little hard to sleep on and the maids forgot to take out our trash on one of the days.

Overall it was a fantastic stay and would recommend Murphy's River Lodge in the future.

Room Tip: I would recommend the condos on the river. A lower condo has a full kitchen and walkout to the river...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
Reviewed 12 October 2011

This place was really cool. Location is awesome and the staff were incredibly helpful. I've stayed in a couple places up in Estes and have to say this by far was my favorite. Definetly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2011
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My wife and I were really looking forward to staying at Murphy's River Lodge given all the great reviews we saw. Unfortunately, we were disappointed. We didn't get a room on the river and instead had one on the side of the motel (I would define it more as a motel than lodge btw) and there was there was only one small window and it faced the alley where all the dumpsters were. We could hear the river which was nice but no view as advertised.

Overall, the room was very clean and spacious...you can tell they've made some nice improvements. Our biggest complaint though was that the walls are paper thin...you can hear everything at this place from people walking to their room, to your neighbor's talking, their tv, and other "late night activities" I'm afraid. I didn't sleep well here at all.

You get a nice room for the price (probably even nicer if your room's on the river) and good location but just beware the walls are not thick...

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Cdorff
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Hey - this is Estes Park. You shouldn't be sitting in your hotel room, there is too much to see outside. But when you do go back to your room, Murphy's River Lodge does a good job of feeling like home - but probably with a better view.

I'm not sure if all the rooms are the same, but mine had a complete kitchen, a fireplace, and lots of room to stretch out. The back patio facing the stream makes for the perfect place to enjoy a cup of coffee in the AM.

The service was also prompt and friendly. I had one small issue with my room and it was resolved immediately and without question.

The location is a long walk or short drive to the central shopping, restaurant area. And of course Rocky Mountain National Park is just a couple miles down the road.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Bloomington, IN
Reviewed 8 October 2011

My room was very large with a king bed and a balcony over the river. Very nice to hear the rushing water at night. Made for a pleasant sleeping experience as did the comfortable bed with the cozy, clean linens and pillows! The room had a fireplace and a flat screen TV along with a microwave and a large fridge that even had a freezer compartment.

As other reviewers have noted, the bathroom was small, but it was fine for me. The whole place did have a bit of a "rustic" feel, which again was fine and expected. As I said, the bed linens were clean and comfy and also the towels were soft!

My only issue during my stay was with the housekeeping. I was under the impression that there would be no maid service unless requested by hanging the card on the door. However, I came back to my room at the end of the day to find that it had been serviced without my request. It wasn't a huge problem, but I had left some things out around the room (computer, electronics, food, shopping bags) that I would have put away had I known someone was coming in. It was a little unnerving, especially since on my receipt they made a point of saying "We don't come in unless invited" when describing the housekeeping policy.

Still, I really liked the place and would definitely return! It's very convenient to both town and Rocky Mountain National Park.

Room Tip: Know what you're getting! If you want a river view room, be sure to request it. Don't take...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank 596Smokey
Windsor, Colorado
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I've stayed at several lodges/hotels in Estes Park and Murphy's Lodge is the nicest one to date. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The beds and linens were so comfortable. Couple that with the sounds of the river flowing outside your patio will make you never want to leave. The staff is exceptional...very welcoming and accomodating! All in all a great experinece that I highly recommend. I look forward to going back this winter!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Denise v
Great Bend, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Great location, you can walk down town in minutes. My room was very clean, I slept like a baby on a fabulous bed, room has a microwave, refregerator, coffee maker TV. I loved sitting on the cozy deck listening to the rushing river and star gazing very tranquile. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Their is a pool, hot tub and a community room ware we enjoyed a tasty continental breakfast. I can't waite to go back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family