We were on a very short vaction of areas west of Denver. Our first stop was Murphy's River Lodge. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room - a King Room overlooking the River - was really wonderful. Then there was MAGIC. We had been in the room for less than 20 minutes and we heard people saying "there are two of them". I went out onto our balcony, which looked over the river, and there were two male elk with full rack of antlers. What a sight! They stayed for over 1/2 hour - just across the river [actually more a creek] less than 30 feet from us.
Now to the lodge. It is a wonderful place with a great pool and hot tub. The rooms are not "ultra modern" - actually they fit right in with the natural decor of Estes Park - they are spacious, have the amenities needed and are very clean. One suggestion - please reserve a room overlooking the river. It is not a "big" river, but the outlook is wonderful, especially after a day of sightseeing.
The breakfast has everything needed.
Please note - there are NO phones in the room - a great plus for us, as we were on a vacation away from it all. The TV reception is more than adequate, although I only glanced at what was available - the scenery from our balcony was far superior than any TV.
I think this is a wonderful place to stay. Hope we will return one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Murphy's River Lodge is located 2 blocks from downtown Estes Park and backs to the Fall River. Murphy's was remodeled in 2011 and has a reputation of having the friendliest staff in town. Your stay at Murphy's comes with free wifi,free breakfast,indoor heated pool and hot tub,20 River front rooms ,6 pet friendly rooms and several value rooms for our friends on a tighter budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Murphy's River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Murphy`s River Hotel Estes Park
- American Wilderness Hotel
- American Wilderness Lodge
- Murphy's River Lodge Estes Park, CO