My boyfriend and I got a groupon to stay at Murphy's River Lodge. Originally we just had a basic room, which was clean but nothing too exciting. We ended up getting a river side room, which had the same room decor, but was a huge difference. The river side room was amazing, and I would recommend anyone visiting to at least get a river side room.
We had a groupon to stay here which made the stay extremely affordable. I think the lodge might be a little expensive if we did not have it. The lodge was a few minute walk to town. Even in the dark and the cold we decided to walk downtown, but the walk really was not bad.
The customer service was exceptional, one of the best parts of the stay.
The continental breakfast was good and had a wide variety. The hot tub was very nice. The creek was also very nice. Overall we were very happy with our stay. My only complaint is that the walls are a little thin. There were some elk which were meandering by the lodge, and pretty much just lounged around posing for pictures all day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Murphy's River Lodge is located 2 blocks from downtown Estes Park and backs to the Fall River. Murphy's was remodeled in 2011 and has a reputation of having the friendliest staff in town. Your stay at Murphy's comes with free wifi,free breakfast,indoor heated pool and hot tub,20 River front rooms ,6 pet friendly rooms and several value rooms for our friends on a tighter budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Murphy's River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Murphy`s River Hotel Estes Park
- American Wilderness Hotel
- American Wilderness Lodge
- Murphy's River Lodge Estes Park, CO