“Very disappointing”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Estes Park, Colorado
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Just an ordinary motel, no better than a Motel 6. Minimal privacy, headlights in window, noisy, lots of traffic and condo development.
Many better choices nearby. Hot tub broken, lukeworm swimming pool wasteful use of space and energy.

• Stayed November 2013
Murphysmrlandmr, Manager at Murphy's River Lodge, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
I knew you were disappointed with our policy when you asked for an early departure. However, at the time you asked about our policy you did not express to me that you were disappointed with any of your accommodations. You never voiced any of the concerns you listed here during your stay.
I am not sure with the location of your room 107,how you could hear the traffic. that room is located in the building furthest from the road. You stayed with us three days and during our slow season we try to spread our guest rooms out. Other than your last night having one room occupied next to you. all the rooms around you were unoccupied most of your stay.
Our pool is monitored daily and is kept at 86 degrees, it is one of our guest's favorite amenities and one of the few indoor heated pools in Estes Park. Unfortunately the motor went out in the hot tub during your stay. We ordered one right away and it will be installed as soon as the dealer can get it here.
The Condo development on the other side of the river is not currently under construction and is unoccupied, so no noise comes from there.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was a great place to stay. I was in town for business and the staff was more than accommodating to me and my co-workers. The place is in great shape and the staff has done well in regards to all the flooding in the area. I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor near the river. Had a nice small back porch where you could walk out on...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Murphysmrlandmr, Manager at Murphy's River Lodge, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for your review! It was great having you and your co-workers stay with us while you were in town on business. I am glad we could make your stay with us enjoyable. We look forward to you being able to come back and visit us. The next trip I hope will be for some R&R.
Boulder
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This place is great! Walking distance to downtown Estes. My boyfriend and I loved the room. Stayed in room 210. It was perfect- Fireplace, sofa, private balcony, comfy bed. Loved it! Staff is really friendly, you can tell they will go far out of the way to accommodate you!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Murphysmrlandmr, Manager at Murphy's River Lodge, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Suzanne,
Thank you for the review! You picked a great room to stay in. 210 is different from all our other rooms. With it being tucked in the corner of our property and having a balcony over the river. This is our only room that is not a condo that we have a fireplace in. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to you returning again soon!
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed here last May for about 4 days. Had a condo unit and it was fantastic. The elk came right up to the deck and were superb. Great accommodations, the hot tub was glorious and the continental breakfast was adequate.

Room Tip: Downstairs, first condo across from office, river right behind.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Carolyn,
Thank you for your Review! Our King River Condos are very popular and a great room to sit out on the deck and see the Elk. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My wife and I spent our honeymoon their. We chose the garden tub room at Murphy's River Lodge. The room was so clean and the staff was friendly and thoroughly helpful. We had a private deck right on Fall River. We were a little concerned with staying in Estes Park after all the flooding but the lodge and town did a EXCELLENT JOB on cleaning up.

We will be back!!!

We would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone visiting Estes Park!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Don,
Thank you for your review! Congratulation on your wedding! Your choice in room was perfect for your stay. Our garden tub room is a very romantic room and is tucked away in the corner of our property. We are hoping you will spend your anniversaries with us. I agree, the town did an excellent job in cleaning up after the flood. We hope to see you again soon!
Estes Park, Colorado
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I am a local here in Estes and decided to take my boyfriend out to do something different for his birthday. We chose the garden tub room at Murphy's River Lodge to get out of the house and had a blast! The room was so clean and the staff was friendly and thoroughly helpful. There is a huge wall of movies you can borrow for free, as all rooms have a DVD player. We had a private deck right on Fall River. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Estes Park. Having never stayed at any other places since we are local, I chose this place because it was walking distance into town and could walk to all the town shops and bars. I wish I had known about this place earlier so I could recommend it to visiting family and friends!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ScarletBegonia000
Thank you for your review! I think it is great when people from the area stay with us! The garden tub room is one of my favorite rooms. It is a very romantic room with the personal garden tub for two. I hope your boyfriend enjoyed his Birthday and we hope you stay with us again soon!
NJ
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I booked 2 rooms at Murphy's after reading other reviews.
I'm really good at searching for the best places when planning a vacation but guilty in that I never leave reviews - this is my first one.
We were a little concerned with staying in Estes Park after all the flooding but the hotel assured us all was OK at Murphy's - which was correct. We couldn't drive in the most direct way from Denver Airport but Annette emailed us alternate directions.
Our stay was lovely. The front desk welcome was great and the fact that they are Packers fans made my hubby happy :)
We didn't have time to use the pool or hot tub but it looked most welcoming.
The beds and sheets were very comfortable and the rooms were spotless.
It shows they take pride in their establishment.
If we ever go back we'll stay there for sure!
Thanks for a great stay. Don't forget to get your photo taken in the BIG chair.

Room Tip: We stayed in a second floor river view room which was a real treat - the next morning we had the ple...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review! We are honored to be your very first review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that I could help give you directions to Estes Park with most roads under construction. you made a great choice to stay in one of our river rooms and had a chance to see the elk by the river. We look forward to you returning and staying with us again soon. GO PACK GO!