“Great service and great value!”

Murphy's Resort at Estes Park
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Snowed in on our day trip up to Estes Park and could not have asked for a better place to stay! The rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. They even have free wi-fi and continental breakfast. Overall a great experience and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
MurphysHotels, General Manager at Murphy's Resort at Estes Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Caroline, It was great to have you stay. I hope you do come back and stay in one of our lake view or kitchenette rooms. Our pool is awesome in the summer, so big, the kids will really enjoy it too! which mean relaxation for the parents! Look forward to seeing you soon!! Thank you!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Been staying here in Estes Park, for the last three months, working on the Big Thompson. There's nothing like knowing that after a long hard day of what ever, you don't have to worry about anything. They take care of every thing for you, and they are so very friendly. In fact some of the guys couldn't go home for Thanksgiving so the management put on a Thanksgiving dinner for about 14 people, now that's carring.

• Stayed: November 2013
MurphysHotels, Owner at Murphy's Resort at Estes Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

We love hearing that our Managers and Staff
helped make you feel like you had a home away from home.
We hear many stories how they welcome others.
They are awesome people we are lucky to have
them. We are glad your stay has been so great.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stayed our first night in a not so great place. We ran across Murphy’s! We were only planning on staying in Estes Park another night, it turned in to 4 nights! The staff, rooms, service was out of this world! The beds were super comfortable, hard to find at a hotel! Nothing makes traveling worse than a bad nights sleep. Not at Murphy’s
The staff treated us like family. The hotel has a patio with grills to use! All you have to do is go to the front desk and ask for the grilling utensils! Who does this kind of thing anymore? It not only was convenient but with traveling with 2 teenagers it saved me a ton of money! They also have a nice fire pit, free to use! WOW One night, one the managers friend played guitar by fire and invited us to the cook out there were having. It was like we had been friends for years. We felt so welcomed! Even my teens felt welcomed and loved being there!
The day we left for home I misplaced my bank card. The staff helped call places I last visited, while I franticly rummaged through the car. I was worried about “checking out late”. Come to find out, I had left in the ATM machine at the bank. The staff had called the bank, knowing it was the closest ATM to the resort. Murphy’s staff weren’t worried about me checking out late one bit. Thanks to them and talking to the bank I was able to get me ATM card back.

Both kids talk about how much fun they had and that they want to go back this summer! Is it summer yet?

Room Tip: Every room has a great view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
pat m, General Manager at Murphy's Resort at Estes Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Hello! Great to hear from you! Yes, we all had a good time that night. Your children were great, we enjoyed visiting with them, They would love our pool in the summer. Speaking of summer, we hope to see you next summer. We were all happy about the outcome of your card, that can sure ruin a vacation. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to your return! Thanks again!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Been staying up here at Murphy's Resort helping to fix the highway that got damaged by the flood. From day one the staff at Murphy's Resort have really taken good care of us. Anything at all they can do to make my stay more enjoyable, they have done. The rooms are really nice as well. The beds are very comfortable. There is always a smiling face in the office, which is nice after a long day of working. A lot of extra's, free DVD rentals, fitness room, breakfast with more choices than just your regular continental breakfast, huge indoor hot tub (very nice!). Looking forward to bring my family back to Estes Park and we will definitely be staying at Murphy's Resort!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Chester, thank you , so glad you enjoyed your stay, we hope you do return with your family, we look forward to meeting your family. We appreciate all the work Kiewit has done to repair our roads. See you soon!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

My wife and I were very excited for the opportunity to visit Estes Park after the highway had been re-opened. The day after Thanksgiving seemed like the perfect time as the town of Estes Park was hosting their annual "Catch the Glow" parade. A friend strongly recommended that we check out Murphy's Resort, so we booked a room. When we checked in, I immediately got the feeling that we would be treated like family. The staff had been expecting us and offered that we inform them if there was anything they could do to make our stay more comfortable and enjoyable. The manager reminded me of their continental breakfast served in the morning, which I might add that I took full advantage of. The room was very cozy and we were surrounded by breathtaking views of Lake Estes and Rocky Mountain National Park. As we were preparing to leave the next morning, I asked for some advice on some local hiking trails. The manager immediately pulled out a map and went above and beyond to help us find the perfect hike! If you ever plan to visit Estes Park, Muphy's Resort should be a part of your experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justin R
Murphysmrlandmr, General Manager at Murphy's Resort at Estes Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay. I do hope you will return. good luck with the little one on when he/she arrives. I hope you have a very nice Christmas! Look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I booked a room for three nights at Murphy's Resort. After the first night I developed altitude sickness. The staff made me an appointment with an oxygen bar to see if the oxygen therapy would take care of the altitude sickness. It only worked for a short time. As the hours passed I wasn't getting any better and I knew I would have to go to a lower elevation to correct the problem. I was somewhat concerned because I was traveling alone and if I became much worse then driving down the mountain could become a problem. The next closest town at a lower elevation was 15 of 20 miles away. The manager was concerned about my condition and not only offered to book me a room in the other town but volunteered to drive me down the mountain! I was able to make it on my own. I stayed at a lower elevation for two days. Then I called Murphy's to see if my other two days were still available. This would have been the Friday and Saturday nights of the Scottish Irish Highlands Festival which is a big event in Estes Park. They let me have my room for those two days at the same rate as I was paying earlier in the week. They could have easily rented the rooms for a higher rate to someone else but didn't.

The motel was recently renovated with new beds, furniture, bathrooms, etc. Complete interior makeover.

This is the kind of service and concern that is difficult to come by in any business and especially the hotel business. The staff at Murphy's WILL go beyond what is expected to take care of their guests. The next time I am in Estes Park I will definitely stay at Murphy's Resort. I highly recommend them.

Room Tip: My room was over looking the lake where the Scottish Irish Highland Festival was being held.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank John F
Murphysmrlandmr, General Manager at Murphy's Resort at Estes Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

John, so great to hear from you! I do hope all is well and it was the altitude? We were really concerned. If you ever do return to visit Estes Park we would love to have you! Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My boyfriend (now fiancé!) and I stayed here the weekend we got engaged in Estes Park. The secret stay was a part of his proposal plan - so after he popped the question, he told me we were checking into a new resort down the road instead of staying another night in the motel we had been at. I couldn't have been more excited! The resort staff was so sweet and accommodating. Our room was wonderful - clean, well kept, and huge! We had our own spa tub, king-sized bed, full sized kitchen, and fireplace! Although we were only there for a night and didn't really use all the amenities - this type of resort would be perfect for a small family or couple staying for a few days or more. It's centrally located to all the fun things that Estes provides. There was a nice patio to use if the weather was nice - and there was a playground and public area if you had a bigger group. This place would be perfect for a family reunion. All in all, I would recommend this place to anyone - whether you're staying 1 night or a week. We'll definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liz O
Murphysmrlandmr, General Manager at Murphy's Resort at Estes Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Congratulations! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay! Your absolutely right it would be a great place for a family reunion, large or small! We hope perhaps on your 1 year anniversary you consider returning. Thank you so much for staying with us, see you soon!