“Amazing Resort!”

Murphy's Resort at Estes Park
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Our visit was just amazing! My husband has taken me here yet again for another visit and WOW have the new management just made this place over and have redone everything and it just blew me away and I couldn't even believe my eyes. We will now be returning this summer with our 6 children! We can not wait to get back out there! Bruce has talked about all these trails and hikes and Loretta knows all these little places we have to go and take our children!! Clean and up to date rooms, beautiful view, kind and helpful staff, great prices and perfect location. Nice little nook for breakfast. I can not wait to get back to Murphy's Resort!! Thanks for another awesome stay!!

2  Thank Akdmjd
MurphysHotels, General Manager at Murphy's Resort at Estes Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

We appreciate your business, thank you. Our family rooms are great for large family's. We hope to keep adding more outside activities for family's to enjoy. Bruce & I keep trying to escape to learn more trails. There are so, so many to experience. We look forward to seeing you this summer!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We booked this hotel based uopn the Trip Advisor reviews that praised this place like crazy. It wasn't bad, but I'd like to share a few negatives. The continental breakfast leaves much to be desired. I am pretty fugal and not a picky eater. I always take advantage of continental breakfasts to save money. In the case of this place, we ate it for the first morning and then chose to eat out the other two mornings. The coffee was terrible and the creamers were spoiled. One of them I opened was solidified and greenish brown. Nasty. That really made me question the freshness of the other food. There are no hot items offered other than instant oatmeal.

Secondly, in the middle of our second day at around 1pm, housekeeping knocked on our door. We told them to please come back later. About 20 mins later there was a lound banging on our door. My husband answered and asked if they could come back later and the woman said "no, we can't." It was the front desk lady and her husband. She asked what name we were registered under and treated us like we were criminals. They said they would go check their records.

Needless to say, I called the front desk (with my cell...no phones in rooms) and she said they had their records wrong and she now saw we were booked for another night. She gave a half-hearted sorry and that was it. It was really un-relaxing and annoying to be disturbed like that. We have three kids and were trying to have a relaxing getaway.

After my husband complained further about the incident, she did give us 20% off our rate for that night and a more heart-felt apology. So, I give them credit for that. But, my husband wanted to leave that moment and find another hotel that night. He was really upset about it and said he would never return.

On a positive note, the rooms are clean and we enjoyed the free DVD rentals.

btw-for a three night stay, they never cleaned our room.

1  Thank frugalfrieda
MurphysHotels, Owner at Murphy's Resort at Estes Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Thank You for your feedback. I wanted to let you know that we really care about our customers and we always want to provide top service for them. Loretta and Bruce do a awesome job and I am really lucky to have such caring managers however in your case we had a hiccup with our computer which created confusion for our staff.
Regarding our breakfast we provide cereal ,bagels ,toast, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, danish rolls, fresh fruit, oatmeal, hot chocolate , tea ,milk and top of line coffee provided to us by Shamrock Foods. We are not a restaurant and the state does not allow us to serve a Hot Breakfast . Regarding the cream containers we look for expiration dates and throw them away if expired . Sorry for the confusion and I hope you will come back and see us again!

Reviewed 17 January 2014

As they did when my family has stayed at Murphy's River Lodge, Bruce, Loretta, and other staff made our stay at Murphy's Resort very nice. They are a great team that take care of guests with a smile and positive vibe unmatched. The value at both the Resort and River Lodge are good considering the proximity to town. The "Resort" is nice as it has a huge indoor hot tub, a great view of the lake, and is in walking distance to a descent Mexican Restaurant and a liquor store. The "Lodge" is nice as it is in walking distance to the main street in Estes and has both the indoor pool and hot tub. Thanks again for being our go-to place to stay in Estes.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard B
MurphysHotels, Manager at Murphy's Resort at Estes Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Richard, You're right! We are very close to town, the walking trial is right outside our entrance leading to both; Lake Estes or the river walk, fantastic in the summertime as well as winter. My desire is that you come back and visit us when the outdoor pool is open, it is huge and the mountains views around it are spectacular. Thanks again for staying with us, our pleasure!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We had a beautiful room overlooking lake estes, and the room was decorated with a musical theme based on Jimi Hendrix. The service at the front desk was amazing as Melissa was available during the entire time for great advise on what to do in Estes from recommending great hikes in the National Park to great hole in the wall restaurants for a romantic evening. The rooms were always top notch and very clean. I would highly recommend staying here as I will be staying with them again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms looking over Lake Estes, or various themed rooms depending upon your mood or the purpose of yo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lee_B_FL
MurphysHotels, General Manager at Murphy's Resort at Estes Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you for your review, we greatly appreciate it. Our goal is guest satisfaction, we are also happy you chose Murphy's for your stay and hope to see you return. I'm very proud of our front desk staff, we strive to keep up on Estes Park happenings to better serve you. Come see us when you return to Estes Park.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We had a great stay at Murphy's Resort! The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were perfect, quiet, clean, and the price was just right! The location was right where we wanted to be, away from the hustle and bustle but a 15m walk from down town. We will definitely being staying with them again!

1  Thank Ericca H

So happy you had a good time! Love to have you return. we look forward to having you. You will have to stay longer next time :-)

Reviewed 10 January 2014

my wife and i have stayed with loretta and bruce (property managers) before at thier other hotel, and these folks relly care, not only for thier guests, but really care about every thing, they treated us like we were the most important folks that ever walked in the door, from the minute we checked in till the minute we checked out, the room was extremly clean, and extra touches that let us feel welcome, i love staying at any murphys propertys in estes park, because they are down to earth and caring and above all HONEST!!! trust me you will not be discouraged at all, thier breakfast is way more than you expect for a hotel, and the view here is really cool, and it is spread out as well, plenty of parking and hardly any niebor room noise and we enjoyed our selves totaly, we will always try to book a room with these fine folks and always look forward to seeing thier smile when we walk in the door, thanx managment and the house keeping staff, also i left my phone charger in my room and wow i got an email telling me i did and when im in town next i could pick it up wow who else would care enough to do that, stay here and youll see that im right

Room Tip: they are all good
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Rodge as always great to see you, hope your doing well. Look forward to seeing you soon.
Bruce & I really love what we do, every guest is important to us. Thank you for the compliments.
We have been lucky to have the same outstanding staff supporting us for a while now, which is vital to our success. See you soon

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We bought a 2 night stay package as part of a Living Social deal, and we upgraded to a room with a fireplace. We have had a lot of bad luck with similar online deals, so we did not have high expectations, but we were pleasantly surprised.

The rooms are not fancy, but they are very clean and very comfortable. We were surprised at the big suite we had and the nice extras. The bed was much more comfortable than most hotel beds. We had a living room, small kitchen (full size refrigerator, microwave & stove top)/dining room, 2 TV's, a private patio with a grill, 2 person Jacuzzi tub, shower and comfortable bedroom. The fireplace was double sided, in the living room and the bedroom. There were utensils and supplies in the kitchen, and would have been convenient to eat in our room. The continental breakfast was nice and they had DVD's and games you could use for free. The outside facilities were also plentiful with a pool, hot tub, grills, tables, etc.

We did have trouble with our fireplace and they got it working on New Years Eve. The owner, Bruce, offered us a new room or to show us how to fix it when it acted up. They were very apologetic about not being able to get a repair person there on a holiday, and wanted to make sure we were happy.

I would definitely stay here again. I think it would be a nice place to stay for several days in the summer time when you can take advantage of the outdoors and you want to be able to fix some of your own meals.

1  Thank 55penelope
MurphysHotels, General Manager at Murphy's Resort at Estes Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm so happy to hear your stay & package you purchased was a positive one. Our beds are brand new and made specifically for our resort. Thanks to guest like you we have been implementing most the suggestions given for additions to our kitchenette rooms. You will be pleased to know the fireplace has been repaired, thank you for letting us know that evening, and for your patience. Please come visit us soon, we look forward to your return.