“Best value in the area”

Quality Inn Estes Park
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is the 2nd year I have stayed at this family run hotel. It is a great value for the money. If you have kids, you are in for a treat.

The rooms come in varying sizes. I like the rooms in the main building the best. They are large and clean. There is a microwave, a small frig and a bathroom where the shower area is separate from the sink area so multiple people can get ready at the same time. My room had two queen beds and there was still plenty of room for the desk and armchair, plus my pack stuff all over the place. The housekeeping staff was great. Checkin and checkout are handled by the owners, the Jurgens family, and are smooth and easy. If you don't know the area, they will tell you everything you need to know.

There is a nice breakfast every day with eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, cereal, yogurt, waffles, muffins, toast, etc. There is a lot to choose from. Of course, there is juice, coffee, etc. There is also coffee available 24 hours a day now. While I haven't used the pool or hottub, people seem to enjoy it. There is a business center where you can print stuff out (free) and a guest laundry with reasonable prices. The wifi works great in the main building.

The hotel is a mile or so out of the downtown area so it is very quiet. It is incredibly convenient to all the area attractions.

Room Tip: The main building rooms are more up-to-date. The exterior building rooms are a bit older and not as...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
ComfortInnEstes, Owner at Quality Inn Estes Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

We want to Thank You for returning to the Comfort Inn. I'm glad you like the breakfast and hope you noticed we have expanded the breakfast room to accommodate to hold more people. We also put in a garden area with seating outside on our nice mornings. Thank you again and I hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here for three nights in mid-July. The location was excellent - easy to get to and only a short drive to restaurants and Rocky Mountain National Park. Our room had two beds, a microwave and a refrigerator. The wi-fi worked pretty well, the towels were nice, and we had plenty of choices at breakfast. Also, the kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub.
Some rooms have exterior doors, so ask if an interior entrance is important to you. The manager (maybe owner?) was kind enough to call me after I made our reservation online to be sure I would get the type of room in the location I wanted.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ksmom2Kansas
ComfortInnEstes, Owner at Quality Inn Estes Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thanks for your comments. We are happy you enjoyed the options at breakfast. You are correct, our property is 1 1/2 miles East of Estes Park and 4 1/2 miles East of Rocky Mountain National Park. I hope you will stay with us the next time you visit Rocky Mountain National Park.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

My only complaint is that while the breakfast had lots to choose from , the items that should have been hot were cold and not too appetizing. I'm glad that comfort inns offer free breakfast; it really helps when you're traveling with kids and also so you don't have to stop at a restuarant first thing. Just work on keeping it warm and tasty:) Both guys at the front desk a.m. & p.m. were very nice!

• Stayed: July 2014

Thanks for taking the time to take the survey. We will use the information as a training tool for the breakfast attendants. I will show our front desk staff your kind comments. When you visit Rocky Mountain National Park we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Terrible. Owner was not accommodating. She was very rude when I complained about the temperature of the hot tub. It is advertised to be 102deg. It was very chilly. The fire place in our room didn't work. She barely gave us 20$ off. I would say she was not worth staying there ever again!!!

Stayed: June 2014
ComfortInnEstes, General Manager at Quality Inn Estes Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

I am sorry we were unable to meet your expectations on your stay with us. In early June, when you stayed, we were having an issue with our hot tub thermostat. That issue was fixed within 1 day. I am also sorry that the fireplace was not working. A 10% discount was issued to compensate. We have refreshed our guest service staff and are constantly training in service. We hope that you will give us another chance, next time you visit Estes Park.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Travelling with my husband and two sons and this hotel was perfect. The vanity was separate so someone can shower and use the sink at the same time which made getting out and getting to bed much faster. It is located on the main drag so going into town or to activites was a breeze. Front desk staff was helpful and rooms were clean and updated. On second day, they took the used soaps away and didnt put more out and they didnt give enough toiletries for four people. That's my only complaint. Otherwise, free wifi and parking which is always a plus.

Thanks for your comments. I am sorry about the soap and toiletries items. This will be a great training situation for our rooms attendants. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit Estes.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

From the outside this hotel doesn't look like a typical chain hotel. It almost looks like it used to be a condo village or resort. Our two level suite was very clean and modern. We had two bathrooms (one upstairs and one down). The kids were able to sleep in beds upstairs (no fighting over who has to sleep on a sofa bed) and the room had a TV. Downstairs had a king bed, table and chairs, fireplace, TV, microwave, and fridge. Both levels had a balcony with different views. Counter area around sink was huge and toiletries included shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. We arrived to find 6 bottles of water and cookies on our table for being a Choice Rewards member....perfect. The kids enjoyed the outdoor pool and indoor hot tub (they are beside each other). Check in went smoothly. Plenty of outlets for charging electronics and Wi-Fi worked well. Breakfast area is roomy. The continental breakfast is better than average....yogurt, waffles (original and oatmeal-almond), scrambled eggs, cereal, pastries, orange and apple juice, etc. The rate for the suite was higher than I would like to pay, but for 6 people to stay only one night in a nice hotel in Estes Park with a good breakfast was worth it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Our 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom loft units are perfect for families. The 2 balconies facing opposite directions maximize the views. While these rooms are our most expensive rooms, they are less than reserving 2 separate rooms to accommodate 6 people. Thanks again for staying with us. We hope to see you next time.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

On initial arrival, partner was a little hesitant about my lodging choice [made on short notice at the height of the tourist season]. The hotel is an obviously older property, but in excellent maintenance condition. I own/manage rental properties, so I notice small details others might overlook. This Comfort Inn says "pride of ownership".

Our room was large, neat, and clean. Room 341 might be one of the better choices on the property. The refrigerator was extra large, including a freezer, to accommodate all the goodies we picked up at Trader Joe's in Boulder. There is a microwave, but the coffee maker is a bit of a joke - one of those drip into an individual cup things. If you want real brewed coffee, you'll have to bring your own. Or maybe bring a real mug and use two packets of the coffee provided.

The mattress and bedding are newer, but partner had a complaint with the "crinkly noise" made by the plastic covering underneath the mattress. The towels were good quality and didn't smell "bleachy".

Breakfast is better than a lot of other Comfort Inns we've stayed at. The scrambled eggs are much tastier than the typical PEP [processed egg product]. The packets of Cholula sauce for the eggs is a nice touch. Honey for hot tea is a nice touch, as well. The sausages - MEH! Good choice of breads and even two types of yoghurt [original/lite] for us purists.

Overall, a very enjoyable three-night stay.

Room Tip: Room 341 was very quiet. It had a very large balcony and a good meadow/mountain view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I agree that the views from our King Balcony rooms are great. We do take pride in our property and strive to provide exceptional service and clean rooms, all for a great value. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast as well. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you next time you visit Estes Park.