“Nothing Special”

Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Bridgman, Michigan
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

For the price paid for the Stanley Hotel- there is nothing special to report. I would suggest taking a tour of the hotel and save your money by staying elsewhere. The rooms are small and dated. It is almost, no, IT IS impossible to find food later in the evening (around 8:30-9) at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PracticingTourist
Matthew_Lauzon, Manager at Stanley Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Thank you for your business, and we appreciate your feedback. Our tour team does a fantastic job of providing entertainment as well as history. I am disappointed to hear that at our property it was difficult to accomodate your hunger, because our restaurant does serve food into the late evening. I have shared your comments appropriately with our staff. Thank you again for your visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (821)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 30 October 2012

The hotel and service was fine. However, there is no quite hours. On our visit, college aged students stayed up all night, running up and down the halls dressed as "ghost busters", keeping the guests up all night long. We payed a premium to stay at this hotel and had to put up with that crap. These people had no respect for nobody, even when we asked them to allow us to sleep. There are no ghosts, just idiots.

1 Thank ReggieL987
Thank you for your recent visit, and I am very sorry to hear that a special occasion was disrupted by unruly guests. I would encourage you to call to our guest services team, so that we may address the situation accordingly and escalate if need be. If that was attempted, and we were unable to resolve then my further apologies, but I did not see any indication of this in our daily recap. We certainly appreciate your business and can assure you that this is not the norm. Thank you for providing your feedback, and would ask that you contact me directly should you like a future reservation.
Denver
Reviewed 28 October 2012

The Stanley did a FABULOUS job on the Shining Ball (Halloween Celebration) this year - INCREDIBLE decorations, EXCELLENT food & FUN music! Just the right number of people in attendance with good flow in room, lobby, bar, etc. Staff was friendly & on top of the details! A GREAT time was had by all! We'll be back...

2 Thank Brecke D
I couldn't agree with you more, I was able to dress up and work the event, and the costumes that all of our guests had were amazing! I am so happy that you had a great time and we will see you again next year! Thank you so much for your visit!
Piedmont
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Had a great time. The Service was great., we stayed in room 416 and it had great views from the windows. A few ghost visiting ,one turned off our bathroom light , and another shaking our bed at 1:30 in morning and waking us both up.Was a great time and we will be back again.

3 Thank janeta47
I would be scared if my bed was shaking! Many people come for the paranormal experience and it sounds like you had a great one! We look forward to seeing you again in the future! Thank you so much for your business.
estes park
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I spent three wonderful days at the Stanley Hotel Labor Day week 2012 in the main hotel in a superior king mountain view room that faces the front of the hotel. I wanted to come back to the Stanley over Thanksgiving 2012, have a great buffett and retire to our room. I have a 20 year old cat that needs daily meds, so I called to try make reservations at the Lodge next door. After reading your pet policy from the Stanley Hotel website it never metioned dogs only, no cats or I wouldn't have bothered even calling. I did have a question about what types of tubs are available at the Lodge facilities, so I called the Stanley Hotel's reservation number from the Stanleyt Hotel website. I first asked what rooms might have jacuzzi tubs like the one I had in the superior king room on my previous stay in the main hotel and would these type of rooms allow pets as I have a cat and I could not tell from the Stanley website what type of tubs were in the rooms at the Lodge. The reservationist said we dont take cats, anthing else. That was the end of the conversation. It was just rude. Whomever you are using for your booking, they are far too busy to tell you anything about your hotel. I had this same negative experience when I booked my Labor Day week stay. Get a different group or book it yourself. I liked the staff at your hotel when I got there, just not your booking service. As for your dog only policy, please update your website that you only cater to the furry friends of the canine variety. My cat is shaved just because it hard for an older pet to groom itself so it does not smell and does not shed. I never even got to discuss this with anyone from your hotel. Sorry that I was not able to spend Thanksgiving at your hotel. You can do better.

Room Tip: Pet policy caters to dogs only not a cat friendly hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank l90001l
Thank you for your feedback, although I am disappointed that our team was unable to answer your questions in an appropriate manner. We have used your comments as a training tool for our reservation staff, and further made our website more clear that we allow the canine breed. We would love to host you again in the future, please reach out to me directly. Thank you again.
gowczarzak
Reviewed 25 October 2012

My freinds and I stayed at the hotel because it is so close to Rocky Mt. National Forest. We were all fans of the movie but not the reason for our stay. The staff has a tour of the hotel every hour. It was interesting but again not a reason to stay there. We were there in October so many of the guests were superfans. Many costumes and odd people around. If you have the chance I would recomend the hotel but not because of the movie just an added bonus.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your recent stay, and I am thrilled that you had a great time! We do enjoy many superfans here, unfortunately you missed our Shining Ball weekend, because there are many exotic and creative superfans! We hope to see you again in the future!
Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I can't tell if this is a hotel or a ghost theme park, and that lack of focus detracts from the quality of the hotel stay. We stayed in the adjacent Stanley Lodge, premium prices but probably worth it based on what I saw of the main building. Our room was quite nice, but it wasn't up to luxury hotel standards. There was no air conditioning, and the room overlooked the main parking lot.

During the day the property is overrun with tourists taking ghost tours or looking around the fantastic lobby. The setting on top of a hill is also spectacular, but it is too bad that the rooms and service don't live up to the expectations.

Continental breakfast was included in the rate, and it was quite nice except for one problem. There were wide selection of fresh berries, homemade pastries, breads, cereals, and other fresh items that exceeded expeactations. The problem was that they didn't have non-fat milk. When I asked, I was told by the attendant that they don't have it. I persisted, and she proceeded to argue with me. Finally, she agreed to get some from the main hotel. For a full service luxury property, this whole exchange was ridiculous and kind of ruined the stay.

Likewise, my wife forgot hairspray, and when I called the desk I was told I could drive to Safeway and buy some.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here, stay in the adjacent Lodge.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Matthew_Lauzon, Manager at Stanley Hotel, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Thank you for your recent visit, it is disappointing to hear that we fell below your expectations with our service, but I have shared your feedback appropriately with our staff. Yes, we do have many external guests that do tours and view our property, and for a more quiet and relaxed stay the Lodge is perfect to get away from that. Thank you again for providing your constructive criticism as it helps us to continually improve, and further, thank you for your business.