“STAY AWAY!!!!!”

Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Castle Rock, Colorado
“STAY AWAY!!!!!”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Twin Owls is HORRIBLE!! They shouldn't even be open for business...the health department needs to shut them down. It looks like there has been no maintenance (inside or out) for 30 years. I checked the mattresses for BED BUGS (couldn't see any), but got 5 BITES up my arm during the night. The sheets were covered in dog hair. The carpets are filthy and stained. The mattresses are old, flat and stained. The pillows are flat. The towels are old, non-absorbent and smell funny. The whole room smelled bad (they try to cover it up with room deodorizer spray). Two of us woke up in the morning with headaches. There was trash behind the dresser; bad dust under the furniture; lamps missing bulbs; windows missing screens. We rented 4 rooms, and they were all filthy. Don't let the photos on their website fool you. Those photos must be 30 years old! They shouldn't be charging more than $20 for the night. ABSOLUTE WORSE PLACE I'VE EVER STAYED!!! I can't stress enough how horrible Twin Owls is.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TellingTheTruth33345

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Athens, Ohio
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I wish I had read all of the reviews before booking. It was a motel from hel....! It is totally run down, dirty, stained sheets, no AC, old TV that does work ..barely,,lights broken, has not been pained since the 60's outside or inside. Terrible smell in the room. I saw the room and immediately went to the desk and told the woman I had to leave due to the smell. They kept the $85 . This motel should be looked at by the health department.

Room Tip: Go to a Best Western or something that has been recommended by someone who has been to the lodge or...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Upset29942

Travellers are raving about these Estes Park hotels

Reviewed 26 July 2012

The Twin Owls is a dump. The beds are hard as rocks, my room smelled terrible, was very dark, had no AC and the ceiling fan squeaked loudly, no screens on the windows so if you want any cool, fresh air be prepared for bugs in your room. It is very close to the main road so traffic noise is quite loud, as is the noise from other guests and slamming doors (walls are paper thin). There is really no view to speak of: the photos of the fancy pool and hot tub with the gorgeous backgroud are definitely fake! The pool sits in between the parking lot and the road! my room had no clock, no window blinds, and I found a beer bottle in the trash can one evening that I definitely did not put there, nor did the maids, seeing as I had not had maid service that day- meaning someone had been in my room without my permission. I promptly moved out early. Avoid this place at all costs- there are plenty of cleaner, safer options nearby.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Anon73847
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Well, I learned my lesson *NEVER EVER* walk in the room and collapse on the bed. What a surprise when I woke the next morning. Trash under the bed, hair and blood in the bath tub. I can handle run down conditions, or worn carpets, but failure to clean is a no no. I had a reservation for 2 nights, but left after the first, instead went over to Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort and rented a cabin for the same money. Much nicer facility , and the grand kids loved the cabin!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank papajoemoves
Lafayette Colorado
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Literally, this place is against all health codes in the state of Colorado. We chose not to stay due to the investation of ants in our rooms. The ceiling from the 2nd floot was caving in above us. The odor's and abundant smell of mold was too much to handle. We opted to take our business elsewhere. The entire place is run - down. Save your money, go somewhere else. Not worth $39.00 bucks a night!

Room Tip: 233, not good and the rooms in the back of the property, not even connected to the main lodge is dis...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Joshua W
Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed 28 June 2012

This hotel debited my account 1 month after I made a reservation and 3 weeks prior to my trip. It messed up my account for paying my bills. I was charged late fee's and bank fees due to them doing that. I am not a happy camper! Beware before making a reservation here! I canceled my trip there due to this.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MSellers62
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Had 2 queen size beds but sheet and blankets were for a full. Room smelled of smoke. No light leading to pool at night. Pool need cleaning kept triping over thing laying around pool. No clock in the room. Had a purple light in the lamp at the bed made it hard to read. Had to evacuate do to a fire in town and we had horses to load from the fairground and they need the grounds for other animals. Only stayed one night instead of two. Asked for a refund and was told that check out time was at 11 and it was 2. We had not even been in our room sence 9 that morning and everything was clean as the maids had been there earily. Will not stay there again and we visit estes alot in the summer.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends