“Right in the historic area” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old Court Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Providence
Old Court Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Providence B&B and Inns
Georgia
“Right in the historic area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2007

My husband and I spent two nights at the Old Court. Since there were no other guests the first night (midweek in early December), Chris offered us a free upgrade to a larger room. It is an old place but very comfortable. Breakfast was good - omelets, eggs Benedict were offered. The parking lot was small but no problem for us.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank GeorgiaDawgsfan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2007

I had the misfortune of booking a reservation at this B&B but then cancelling it due to the fact I was moving house that weekend.
I contacted the B&B the month before but unfortunately did it by phone and not E-mail.
I received a call the night I moved which was also the night we had previously reserved Despite the fact I explained to the desk person my situation, I was told they had no record of my cancellation and they charged me $220 for a no show.
I find it sad that this place was so unwilling to compromise or to give me some leeway .
Apparently in some places the almighty $ is more important than good will and customer relations. Quite pathetic .

Stayed August 2007
7 Thank sorrisa
los angeles, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2006

What a great place - unbeatable location on Benefit Street for beautiful walks. Our room was large & well appointed, clean & comfortable. We had low water pressure one morning but it was great the next. Breakfast was FANTASTIC! Staff were very friendly & helpful, giving good local recommendations. Yes, the parking is compact but what do you expect when you're right in the thick of an old city? We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank dsharc
Ridgefield, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2006

If you enjoy old B&B's you will like this. It is nothing fancy but the staff was friendly and the room we had was very large. Bathroom was very old but clean. Breakfast was included, it was decent. We were visting are daughter at RISD and they were nice enough to let her and a friend join us for breakfast at no charge ( nice touch). It is located on the nicest street in providence right near Brown & RISD.

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank swa
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2002

Well "old" is sure the word you would describe this place (its about ten years over due for renovations) that my wife and I stayed at this past weekend in downtown Providence. The beds were horrible and rooms dingy and in need of a paint job to say the least. The brass bed we stayed in was horrible and the breakfast was FAIR. The innkeeper was less than friendly and the parking was really bad if you have a nice car do not park it here do not go here. The only good thing was well its on a lovely street, Benefit St. But that is it. it is the only saving grace. I definitely would not stay again.

the brass bed we stayed in was

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member