“Great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Providence
Old Court Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Providence B&B and Inns
Pinehurst, NC
“Great location”
Reviewed 6 August 2010

The staff was friendly and helpful. My 17 year old stayed there by herself for two weeks to attend a course at RISD. I came up to visit at the end of her stay. It is in a very nice, safe neighborhood. The B&B is ideally located for RISD or Brown University. The breakfast (included) was excellent.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank franxc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I thought this was a decent B&B. It is old-fashioned and has a vintage feel but it basically has everything you need. The breakfast was fine. The location is great - right near Brown and RISD if you are visiting for graduation - walking distance to both.
Won't blow your socks off but well priced option for Providence.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank septemberfalls
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 9 June 2009

I stayed at the Old Court for one night while visiting Providence for a job interview. Luckily, my room was paid for by the potential employer, since this would have been out of my price range otherwise. However, for your money, you get a lot, and to some people, it might be worth the price.

My room was on the third floor (walk-up), but I didn't mind. I had a beautiful view of the State Capitol building and downtown skyline. My bathroom was a bit small, but nice enough. The was large with a rather old-fashioned brass bed, not plush by any means, but comfy enough for my needs. I used the wireless internet, which worked well. The building seemed to have rather thin walls (like old buildings do), and sometimes I heard other guests talking on the phone. The stairs were creaky-- definitely felt like an old house. It was winter, and the heat worked fine-- I wasn't cold at all.

I had breakfast downstairs, and it was delicious, and omelet, I think. There was also a large range of cereal, fruit, milk, juice, other things. The cereal, milk, and juice were available 24/7 in a fridge in the dining room for guests to help themselves, which provided me with a nice little late-night snack the first evening.

Location is what makes this place, whether you're doing something downtown, at Brown, or at RISD, you're pretty close to the center of things, without the need to necessarily cross through the chaos of Kennedy Square to get over to College Hill (as you would need to do from the Biltmore or the Westin). Benefit Street is too beautiful for words. Given the snow during my visit, I was grateful to be in close walking distance to everything I needed.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. I needed to leave my luggage during the day, and they happily made space for it in a hidden corner of the office. Also, I needed to print some documents, and when I asked the person at the desk about finding a Kinko's, she immediately stopped her work and told me just to print on their computer-- no charge. I was very pleased.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank vonschwind
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 January 2009

As others have said - it is an older but clean place to visit.
Breakfasts were excellent and filling with no complaints here being a big breakfast eater.

We had to go for some quiet strolls even though the weather was frigid - if we find our way back to this area again - we will consider staying here.

• Liked — Attention to our needs
  • Disliked — Everything was fine
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Utravelwithme
Georgia
Reviewed 16 December 2007

My husband and I spent two nights at the Old Court. Since there were no other guests the first night (midweek in early December), Chris offered us a free upgrade to a larger room. It is an old place but very comfortable. Breakfast was good - omelets, eggs Benedict were offered. The parking lot was small but no problem for us.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank GeorgiaDawgsfan
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 3 September 2007

I had the misfortune of booking a reservation at this B&B but then cancelling it due to the fact I was moving house that weekend.
I contacted the B&B the month before but unfortunately did it by phone and not E-mail.
I received a call the night I moved which was also the night we had previously reserved Despite the fact I explained to the desk person my situation, I was told they had no record of my cancellation and they charged me $220 for a no show.
I find it sad that this place was so unwilling to compromise or to give me some leeway .
Apparently in some places the almighty $ is more important than good will and customer relations. Quite pathetic .

Stayed August 2007
7 Thank sorrisa
los angeles, ca
Reviewed 23 August 2006

What a great place - unbeatable location on Benefit Street for beautiful walks. Our room was large & well appointed, clean & comfortable. We had low water pressure one morning but it was great the next. Breakfast was FANTASTIC! Staff were very friendly & helpful, giving good local recommendations. Yes, the parking is compact but what do you expect when you're right in the thick of an old city? We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank dsharc