“VERY NICE”

Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Providence
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed there one night on our way to Newport. It's nicely located near many things you can walk to like restaurants, shops, etc. The staff was nice and helpful, the hotel was clean, our beds very comfortable. The breakfast was ok if you want to stick to an apple and cereal (do not get near those eggs!). So, we would definitely recommend this location. And if you go, check out the cupcake place across the street- yummy!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Lauren P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to announce that the Hampton brand is coming out with new eggs for breakfast and the selection will start next month! We look forward to your return and for you to try the new eggs we will have! See you soon!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Great value, Great location, and great staff Highly recommend this hotel. Central location to the sights and sounds of Providence, Hotel and staff make you feel secure. Rooms quiet and well appointed, excellent amenities, microwave, refrigerator, in the room. Within easy walking distance of the main attractions in Providence.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are very happy you made the right choice to stay with us! Thank you for your review and we are pleased that you enjoyed everything. We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Our title says it all. Stay was pleasant for my family(Wife & 4 children). Prime location.Wonderful staff I can go on and on.I say book it without hesitation! I have signed up for Honors program specifically because of this stay. Also I have already booked a room for my next stay which will be for business. Close proximity to Providence College and Dunkin Donuts convention center.Five minute walk to mall with 16 food court choices. Higher end restaurant within 200-300 yards! It is a no brainer!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Lauren P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back with us soon! We look forward to your next stay and we love having you here!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

This was my first time here and I really enjoyed the stay. This was a business trip and once again Hampton Inn proved that just because it's work doesn't mean you can't have fun doing it. Form the moment I drove up, I was welcomed as my car was parked. The front desk was quick to answer questions I had on nearby resturants and they were dead on acurate with how they rated. Hemingway's had some of the best seafood I've ever had.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Lauren P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

You are right! We are in a great location for the best food in RI and we are glad you picked us to stay with. You got to experience some of RI's best, including our hotel and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is a nice hotel; our room was lovely (though accidentally a smoking room), the location was good and staff friendly and helpful. My only concern was that breakfast was totally on disposable plates, cups, plastic forks etc - quite strange.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for your review. We do offer disposable utensils, plates, trays, etc. however they are part of our "Green Program" and are made from a company called Enviroware which makes the items out of biodegradable items. We also use Taterware, which is made from potatoes. It may look like plastic and foam however it is not and also sustainable and bio and eco friendly! I hope this helps you to see we are doing our part and we look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. It's still a Hampton Inn, I'm not comparing this hotel to a 5-star hotel. I'm comparing it to other Hampton Inns, thus the 5 star.However, it easily beats other mid-range, full service hotels in quality.

It is in a historic building that has been meticulously renovated and preserved. The rooms are large and very clean. The beds are incredibly comfortable. The staff is courteous and helpful. The gym is fantastic--the only negative is that there is no pool.

The hotel is on a cute side street and has a wide variety of restaurants and cafes nearby.

I have stayed here in the past, on my most recent trup, and will consider this hotel again next time I am in providence.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Lauren P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

I am glad you enjoyed all the great qualities of our hotel from décor to service, we aim to please! We are not satisfied unless you are 100% satisfied and I am happy you made the right choice by staying with us! I hope to have you back soon, we love having you stay with us!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

The room was large. The bed was more than average comfortable, and extra points for still using real bedsheets instead of one big duvet like a lot of hotels these days.

The free breakfast was hot, and that's the most I can say for it. Coffee was better than average, though. I wish they had real cream, but few restaurants or hotels do these days.

On the downside:

1. The TV remote barely worked, and had no sleep timer.
2. The huge widescreen TV had only standard definition programming and was set to expand everyone to weird proportions. Why bother buying big TV flat panel TVs if you're going to cheap out on the cable?
3. There was a nightlight in the room that could not be turned off and was very annoying.

1  Thank Charm H

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate your feedback on our TV's, and we do have some HiDef stations, though not all are HD. We will be changing the channels over to include more HD, so I apologize for this inconvenience, as we are in the process of that now. I hope you come back and give us another try, there is a reason we are always a top choice in the city of RI and I hope this does not deter you from staying with us again!