Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown
Hotel Dolce Villa(Providence)
US$143
Travelocity
1,116 results
All reviewsbrown universitygreat locationcomplimentary breakfastthe financial districtvalet parkingthe breakfast areayogurtwithin walking distancehistoric buildingrhode island school of designa great staycollege hillwould stay here againbusiness centercorner roomper nightshuttle service
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here recently because we brought our son to concert nearby. The valet attendants were very nice and accommodating. They had just parked my car when I realized I forgot something. The attendant walked me to my car so I could the item. We probably could have parked in a lot cheaper as the parking was $25.00, but we knew we would need to go back out and there is no charge for using the car and returning. Still $25.00 is cheaper than some of the other hotels in area and the car was right next to the hotel.

Beds were comfy, but not a serta perfect sleeper. The room was clean with extra pillows and blanket which was good because son brought two friends. Refrigerator and microwave are great, but we were only staying one night, so we only used the fridge.

Front desk staff very helpful. They made a phone call to check on taxi availability and held an extra key at the desk for our son. Breakfast was fine, better than some offered at other hotels. Breakfast was included that was one reason I picked this hotel because my son enjoys breakfast, while I usually am happy with coffee. Fruit was fresh and coffee was very good. My bagel was fresh. They guys had the eggs and no complaints from them.

Overall, I would stay here again. It is within walking distance of Waterplace and the mall. The view from our room was ugly as it was the garage but I did not ask for a room with view. My only compliant was we could not get a government employee rate.

Room Tip: There a club or party taking place on the street nearby so I am glad we had a room off the street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Christopher_French, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We work very hard to provide the best possible all around service we can and reviews like these are very rewarding to read. If you are ever in Providence again, Please stop in to visit. Thank you

PS. I hope your son and his friends enjoyed the concert!!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is the greatest little hotel in Providence. It is well located and in walking distance to everything. Every staff member is extremely helpful. Room was very clean and well appointed. It is the best value for your money in Providence. I have stayed here several times and will continue to do so when I travel to Providence. I would highly recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for your kind words about our property. So happy to hear that every staff member you interacted with was helpful, we call that Hamptonality! We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Clean, quiet, comfortable. Not great view from room, but out for most of daylight hours, so not bothered.
Only pain was magnetic door keys needed re-progamming nearly every day, despite no contact with cell phone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our Hampton. We hope to see you again soon. Next time you are in our area, ask us for a room with a beautiful view and we will be sure not to disappoint! Thanks again!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Amazingly comfortable and big bed, huge rooms , nice bathroom. Good central location. Useful amenities for people on the road (self laundry room and huge parking lot across the street ). Breakfast finished too early for a Sunday morning!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our Hampton! I agree, our beds are amazing!! We also started recently serving breakfast later on the weekends, thank you for the feedback. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Location very good. Easy access, convenient to have valet parking. Nice to have both hot breakfast and free internet service throughout hotel provided. Only drawback is European type bathroom with no break between shower floor and rest of room - whole bathroom floor gets wet. Other than that, would reccomend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our Hampton! We know when coming to the city that you have many hotels to choose from. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!