“Great hotel, great staff!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Providence
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice while in town on business. The staff are friendly and helpful; the breakfast is good; the shuttle to the airport is free and convenient. The location of the hotel is great to nearby restaurants and pubs and the rooms are of good quality. I highly recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Christopher_French, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your kind review and more specifically your recommendation of the property. Our team tries very hard to ensure you have a great stay! We hope to see you again soon, thank you again!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Very friendly staff, great free breakfast buffet with plenty of choice (cereal, yogurt, eggs,oatmeal, waffles, bagels, fruit etc). Room not huge but very comfortable, clean and modern. Nice fitness center.

Room Tip: Go out the back entrance and visit Hanley's Ale House. Great pub.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was more than pleasant. We strive to not only meet but exceed your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you back here in the future. Thank you again!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Bob is the best! He helped us with luggage, crib setup, restaurant recommendations and more. The hotel is clean, breakfast is delicious, and it's in a perfect location. Everything you could possibly need is within 2 or 3 blocks. The staff here is so friendly. Parking is at a premium and it is confusing at first, but the staff will guide you through it. The valet option is really the best way to go, they were very speedy and helpful in retrieving our car and items (tons of baby stuff) contained therein.

• Stayed: April 2014

I love the way you started off that review! Bob truly is an asset to the property. Thank you for recognizing him as I will make sure we reward him. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again really soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This latest visit was my third or fourth at the Hampton Inn and, as in the prior stays here, I was NOT disappointed. ALL staff that I had contact with were excellent, from the front desk to the Breakfast staff to Housekeeping, all were excellent. I highly recommend this location in Providence. Great location in the City and GREAT staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your review! We work very hard to ensure your satisfaction and to hear that you experienced it all around is most rewarding. Happy to hear you experienced what we call Hamptonality! We look forward to seeing you again on your 5th stay with us!!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I surprised my wife for her 50th Birthday by having a weekend getaway just for the two of us at the Hampton Inn. Being so close to the Twin River Casino where we were seeing a show, the Hampton Inn was an easy choice of fine hotels at which to stay. My wife was impressed that I could find a hotel that is nestled in the heart of Providence and that it could be so elegant and accommodating. After a very late night, the king-size bed felt so soft and comfortable. Waking up in the morning and pulling back the drapes from the window, we were pleasantly surprised by the beautiful view of the Arcade and other iconic buildings in Providence. It was sad to have to leave but we both look forward to the opportunity to stay at the Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Firstly, Happy 50th Birthday to your wife!!! Secondly, We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the 5 star review. We would love to have you come stay with us again soon, maybe for Your Birthday?! (chuckles..) Thank you again!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here recently because we brought our son to concert nearby. The valet attendants were very nice and accommodating. They had just parked my car when I realized I forgot something. The attendant walked me to my car so I could the item. We probably could have parked in a lot cheaper as the parking was $25.00, but we knew we would need to go back out and there is no charge for using the car and returning. Still $25.00 is cheaper than some of the other hotels in area and the car was right next to the hotel.

Beds were comfy, but not a serta perfect sleeper. The room was clean with extra pillows and blanket which was good because son brought two friends. Refrigerator and microwave are great, but we were only staying one night, so we only used the fridge.

Front desk staff very helpful. They made a phone call to check on taxi availability and held an extra key at the desk for our son. Breakfast was fine, better than some offered at other hotels. Breakfast was included that was one reason I picked this hotel because my son enjoys breakfast, while I usually am happy with coffee. Fruit was fresh and coffee was very good. My bagel was fresh. They guys had the eggs and no complaints from them.

Overall, I would stay here again. It is within walking distance of Waterplace and the mall. The view from our room was ugly as it was the garage but I did not ask for a room with view. My only compliant was we could not get a government employee rate.

Room Tip: There a club or party taking place on the street nearby so I am glad we had a room off the street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We work very hard to provide the best possible all around service we can and reviews like these are very rewarding to read. If you are ever in Providence again, Please stop in to visit. Thank you

PS. I hope your son and his friends enjoyed the concert!!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is the greatest little hotel in Providence. It is well located and in walking distance to everything. Every staff member is extremely helpful. Room was very clean and well appointed. It is the best value for your money in Providence. I have stayed here several times and will continue to do so when I travel to Providence. I would highly recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for your kind words about our property. So happy to hear that every staff member you interacted with was helpful, we call that Hamptonality! We hope to see you back again soon!