Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown
Agoda.com
Hotel Dolce Villa(Providence)
US$143
1,114 results
All reviewsbrown universitygreat locationcomplimentary breakfastthe financial districtvalet parkingthe breakfast areayogurtwithin walking distancehistoric buildingrhode island school of designa great staycollege hillwould stay here againbusiness centercorner roomper nightshuttle service
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My family of 5 checked in around 7pm one summer evening for one night. Although we made an advance reservation for 2 adjoining rooms, adjoining room was not available so we had to squeeze into one room which was disappointing, a challenge and uncomfortable. 3 of 5 star rating otherwise because accommodations, comfort and value were average.

Stayed: August 2014
Christopher_French, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for the review, we are limited on the amount of adjoining rooms we have at the property as any hotel and as they are specific to certain room types only, however we are always able to accommodate having rooms assigned right next to each other. I am so sorry that wasn't the case in your situation and a truly hope the remainder of your stay went well. Thank you for the business. As always at Hampton, We love having you here.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is very well situated in downtown Providence near the river, close to Brown, Johnson and Wales, Rhode Island School of Design, many business venues and excellent restaurants. Hemenway's is a quick walk across a bridge. The pleasant river walks are great for a walk or a jog. The breakfast buffet was good. Our rooms were comfortable and quiet. I withhold higher grades because during our check-in experience, the young staff, although unfailingly pleasant, was simply obtuse about some very basic issues and more preoccupied with their own conversation than with providing service to the guests. When we arrived at the hotel there were no clear directions for other than valet parking. A guest who was waiting for her car to be returned by the valets had been waiting for her car for over ten minutes. Another car blocked the way from the hotel's driveway entrance to the parking area. Another ten minutes passed before a valet arrived with her car, and rushed off without answering my question about parking alternatives. My wife was told that no one was available to help with baggage. I should mention I am a senior citizen and was using a cane due to a recent injury. Finally, I gave up and offloaded our luggage, at which point I needed to use valet parking. At sign-in we were asked what refreshment we wanted, and then we were given the wrong item. Desk staff were busy chatting and laughing among themselves, and even though they were discussing hotel matters, clearly their attention was not directed toward us even when we were standing in front of them. Then, while I was pushing my luggage on a cart, I was given directions to the wrong elevator bank. Normally, this would have been no big deal, but by then, it was a considerable inconvenience. Some members of this staff need serious retraining. Despite their congenial demeanor and appearance, those we encountered upon our arrival simply were neither attentive nor concerned about the needs of their guests. I was left with the impression that I would have had to create a scene to get through to them, and chose not to do so. Those we dealt with the next morning were more appropriate.

Room Tip: If you encounter this type of rudeness, create a scene or find a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard K

Thank you sir, for the feedback on your stay with us, to hear that a guest not only had to ask numerous times but then got shut down by both the valet and the desk for luggage assistance is unacceptable. I am so upset to hear that this happened and is a very unorthodox situation. I cannot apologize enough as the atmosphere we have instilled in the team members and created at the hotel is that no matter how big or small the question, concern or issues is, you make sure you handle it for the guest... That is why we are in this business, to make sure the guests are completely satisfied with their stay, that they leave knowing and feeling like we exceeded their expectations. If you are ever in Providence again, please contact me directly and I will ensure your stay goes well and I will personally assist you with your luggage myself.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice hotel in downtown Providence. It is a wonderfully restored building with modern facilities. The staff was courteous and professional - even when the front desk was bombarded with several arrivals at the same moment. Great location to see Providence and visit Brown.

Self parking is easy and right at the hotel - drive in, check in and park the car.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan B
Christopher_French, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here in providence with us. Thank you so much for the 5 star review on our property. Our staff is top notch, we try so hard to ensure your satisfaction! Thank you again for your kind comments on our property!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel is situated right in the middle of downcity Providence, just a block from most of the downcity campus of Johnson and Wales University and a very short ride to the Harborside campus. We stayed here mid-July and the property was extremely clean, cool and quiet enough that you'd never know you were midcity. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the 5 star review of our hotel! The location of this property is so ideal for so many people. You bring up a good point that once you are inside the property you will never know how directly in downtowm providence we actually are. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we really hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Found hotel from Trip Advisor review and we were not disappointed. It was in the beautiful downtown area and we enjoyed walking from the hotel to dinner at Hemenway's. Very, very nice and we were very pleased with our hotel experience!!

Room Tip: Learn how to operate the elevators. Had never had to use our room key to get to our floor. Thank goodness another visitor showed us how to use it!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nancy083012

I am so glad you chose to stay with our property and that you werent disappointed! Hemenways is such a nice place. Thank you for 5 star review of our property, we hope to see you again real soon!