Only a year old (is a combo of what used to be The Old Colony Bank and a small chapel) the hotel is new, nicely furnished and surprisingly quiet.
Noting the cost of local downtown hotels here (The Westin, Biltmore etc) this provides an excellent affordable alternative.
Being downtown, parking is always expensive - and one might see the $25 additional (valet only) parking costs a little steep but this is not totally unreasonable.
Very pleased to be treated with politeness from staff at all levels - from valet to cleaners to all the desk staff.
The usual Hampton Inn breakfast area is a little stark re the decor and the sound echo when crowded but this hardly deflects from the fact that if you need to stay centrally this an excellent affordable choice without all the unnecessary 'Westin frills' that add so much to the cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown is Providence's newest hotel and we are the only hotel in downtown to offer a free hot breakfast buffet. We are located in the heart of the financial district and are in walking distance to Providence Performing Arts Center, Providence Convention Center, Dunkin Donuts Center, Brown University, Johnson & Wales, RI School of Design, Providence Place Mall, Waterfire, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Providence Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown Hotel Providence
- Hampton Inn Providence