“First And Last!!!!!!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Neighbourhood: Downtown Providence
Neighbourhood: Downtown Providence
Reviewed 2 February 2010

I had lunch there with a guest. Place was empty except for another table of two. There was nothing on the menu that jumped of the page. There wasn't anything special about the lunch specials. Ordered 2 apps. Crab cake was good but the hummus was bland in taste.Told the waiter who was very friendly and he said we would yell at the cook for me? yeah thanks buddy you should have taken it off the bill. we barely touched it. Overpriced!!!! for 2 apps with 1 burger and 1 salad 1 beer and a pepsi = $47. I think not. not to add they didn't ask us for are parking pass to validate it and got stuck paying another $8 for parking 43 minutes.

Not a great first impression. De-core wasn't anything great. it looked much better when it was Raphael's.

1  Thank MrFedHill

Reviewed 18 November 2009

I was staying at the Westin Providence for an education conference, and we were looking for a nearby restaurant with a menu that would fit within our travel expense budget. Happily we stumbled upon Ardeo, which had only been open for 8 weeks. In an area of restaurants that often charge over $40 for an entree, we found this restaurant to have wonderful food at a reasonable price, and such a varied menu that we ate there 4 times in two days! They have excellent luncheon specials, such as a $8.95 buffet and two-for-one pizza. It was really the welcoming, friendly staff that kept us coming back. The owner was especially gracious. If you are in the area, try this restaurant!

Reviewed 27 October 2009

Ardeo Mediterranean Taverna is in the space once occupied by Raphael Bar Risto. It is a handsome restaurant with a splashy, upbeat look with plenty of indoor plantings, modern illustrations and bright teak wood trim on the walls and ceilings. According to my sources it opened in September- a little over a month before we visited it for lunch.

We decided to try this upbeat looking Mediterranean restaurant overlooking the Waterplace park. We were ready for lunch after a nice but chilly walk along Waterplace on this chilly October afternoon. The menu looked enticing so we decided to give it a try.

There were three specials for lunch- each reasonably priced- filet tips, salmon salad, and a panini with leg of lamb with a side of fried new potatoes.

When I received my panini special, I noticed the lamb was reddish where cut. I tried to take a bite out of it but it was very tough, so I sent it back. A restaurant should know better than to err with their specials! My companions both had the salmon salad so I tried it. The salmon had a nice wood fired grilled flavor and was tender and fresh. The accompanying mesclun greens had a salad dressing that was wonderfully spicy. The fresh bread was accompanied by a spicy Greek olive oil and freshly ground parmesan- nice touches. The wine list had many wines by the glass, all reasonably priced. Service was good.

I might consider revisiting this restaurant, but why they screwed up the lamb panini special remains a mystery to me.