Bottom line is that the room was nice and clean for the most part and free parking and wifi was a definite plus.
We booked this hotel based on the value offered and the idea of the indoor/outdoor pool instantly grabbed my daughter's attention. We had a room on the third floor just above the rear entrance C and although it was adjacent to the highway, it was actually very quiet. The doors to each room have seen better days and really stood out as needing some help. The pool area is beautiful and the gym appeared to be very well equipped and overlooked the pool. The heated pool was actually one of the only pools I've ever been to where the water was actually warm! Wifi was very quick and connecting was very simple. The bathroom we had was ok but the tile around the tub had quite a bit of mildew on the grout so that was very off putting. We were able to access the Concierge Lounge with our room so we were able to enjoy some nice desserts as well as a nice breakfast. I don't know Providence very well but the location seemed to be relatively close to the areas we visited. The staff was very nice and helpful.
Negatives (in order of worst to least)
1) The tile floor in the indoor pool section is ridiculously slippery. My daughter nearly slipped and fell about a half dozen times. She literally was walking 4 steps from the pool ladder to where I was sitting. I noticed others who slipped as well and one actually falling down. Coming from a hotel where we saw kids running around and jumping in the pool for the past few days to this hotel where you see people nearly fall while taking careful steps like they are avoiding land mines is unacceptable.
2) The outdoor pool section was unusable to us and completely unexpected. The night we stayed (a Thursday) the outdoor AQUA lounge was filled with partygoers in a club type atmosphere and loud music unless you want to be the center of attention and be gawked at by 50+ people, you are not going to swim out there...I can't imagine what it would be like on a Fri or Sat night! In fact, while I was sitting and watching my daughter, I saw one of the partygoers on a lounger get up and tell the group of 4-5 girls (around 10-12 yrs old) to move to another side of the pool because they were either making too much noise or splashing too much. In the end, they just came back to the indoor pool to swim.
3) The air conditioner unit in our room was was so incredibly loud that I was woken up a minimum of 6 times due to the abrupt noise of it turning on from a virtually silent room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort-style atmosphere hotel located nestled between the historic East Side and downtown Providence. The only hotel in Providence with free parking and connecting indoor/outdoor pools. Outdoor lounge, AQUA(seasonal),voted Best Hotel for Pool Lovers by Yankee Magazine. Award-winning Bluefin Grille open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Inclusive getaways available - perfect for families, couples and friends looking to take a mini vacation! Full-service G Salon & Spa and golf privileges at private golf course. We offer bicycle rentals Spring - Fall. Creative food & beverage offerings and flexible meeting space and ballrooms. Complimentary wireless and shuttle service (by reservation). This hotel is know in the community for legendary customer service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Providence Marriott Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Providence Marriott Downtown Hotel Providence
- Marriott Providence