Providence Marriott Downtown
US$198
  • Pool
US$180
GardenInn.com
The Dean Hotel(Providence)(Great Value!)
US$146
Hotel Dolce Villa(Providence)
US$143
Orbitz.com
1,610 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolfree parkingbluefin grillethe concierge loungebluefishshuttle servicefront desk staffbusiness meetingthis past weekendthe entire staffupon checkbrown universitynew englandfitness centerfederal hillrhode islandaqua
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I've been staying at the Downtown Marriot for some time now. Everyone has always been professional and friendly. From checking in at the front desk staff to the housekeepers, waitresses, bartenders and concierge lounge staff the experience has always been wonderful! And you have some like Jonathan who I've had the pleasure to see at the front desk and the concierge lounge. And although he wears two different hats his attitude is always positive. He greets each guests and will often greet guests by Mr., Ms., or Mrs. followed by their last name. I love the welcoming feeling I get from everyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Nett530,
When a guest tells us that their stay felt like home - we know we have done a great job. Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay and that you find our associates so welcoming and wonderful. We appreciate that you identified Jonathon as an associate that made a difference. We will be sure to share all your comments with the whole hotel team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I recently stayed here while attending a conference at the convention center. The hotel has shuttle service available. The hotel had a great pool area and nice gym facility. All the staff we encountered, from the front desk to maintenance and housekeeping, were very friendly and always addressed us and said hello which made us feel welcome. The concierge room was great, it served a full breakfast everyday and had Starbucks coffee. We had one meal at the Blue Fin Lounge, the food was good and the price was reasonable. We stayed on the ground floor near the parking lot which was very convenient, however, it was also right next to the railroad tracks so there was train noise. I would suggest staying on the side of the hotel away from the tracks. The hotel is also close to the Federal Hill neighborhood with great Italian restaurants. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the side of the hotel away from the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Quincypj,
Thank you for your excellent review. We are so pleased to know that we made you feel so welcome. Our location is close (even within walking distance) to just about everything of interest in Providence. Our complimentary shuttle service is a great resource and we are so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Downtown Marriot on a trip to Providence visiting 38 years after leaving Rhode Island and moving to the UK. I spent 2 nights there on the 24th and 25th Sept. I must say the whole hotel was fantastic. From checking in to checking out the whole experience was brilliant.
All the staff were friendly.. and genuinely so, No false happines which I have found elsewhere!
The food on offer is fantastic, why go out and eat when you can stroll into the restaurant and get a meal that is probably better than most places downtown?!
The bus shuttle service offered is a feature many hotels could learn from! Taking the shuttle from hotel into town so I could meet my cousin was quick and hassle free.
All in all a great stay.. The room was great..the service good.Only complaint I would make is that on the 2nd morning I was up early.. went to reception and asked for some more milk cartons for making coffee in the room.. The receptionist phoned thru to house keeping to take some up to me.. and it never arrived. Might have been my Dorset accent they couldn't understand and got room number wrong!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear JonPSmith,
Thank you for such a fabulous review and recommendation for our hotel. We also appreciate your rave reviews for our restaurant, the Bluefin Grille. We also are pleased to know that our staff provided you with such exceptional service. We understand from your review that you are traveling from far away but hope that when you do visit Providence again, you will choose to stay with us. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We decided to spend a weekend in providence, Rhode Island. It was late September, great weather for walking. The city had a water fire that Saturday night. It was quite interesting and very much unique. We enjoyed going to the Italian section of town...federal hill for dinner. The hotel provide a free ride there. The hotel was clean, the lobby inviting, lots of amenities offered. The mattress on our bed was not so comfortable. Time for it to be changed. Bathroom very small.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
JD_PVDRI, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Cassie C,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle service to WaterFire. I am also pleased you were so happy with our location. It's great to stay in a hotel within walking distance to WaterFire and we're so glad you chose us to do just that. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I went with my GF and had a great experience staying there. Staff was professional and helpful. I loved our room and the TV was big. The only problem I had was the noise level since we were on the first floor. Make sure you request a high floor away from the elevators.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear blueracermon,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was very pleased to know that you loved your room and the service you received from our staff was impressive to you. We look forward to your next visit to Providence. Thank you for the recommendation.