“Perfect Providence Wedding”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Providence
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
“Perfect Providence Wedding”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We chose to have the reception of our wedding at the Providence Marriott, and enough good things can not be said! The day was absolutely perfect! Everything was executed absolutely flawlessly! Most brides are frazzled and stressed out, but I wasn't because I did not have to worry about one thing. I walked out of the limo, into the lobby, and the staff took away my suitcase and put it in our suite. There was a formal room set up for the wedding party to take formal pictures, have refreshments, and appetizers. The room where the wedding itself was absolutely beautiful, and everything I wanted was there. The food was DIVINE! Guests told us that the bacon-wrapped scallops were the best they ever had! The pesto pasta was absolutely delicious, as was everything else we had. Brides - go for the Viennese table! It was stuffed with every type of dessert imaginable, and our guests went crazy over it! Plus Donna and Paul were there to take care of absolutely everything and anything that we needed. We stayed over after the wedding, and the room and the service were great. I can't say enough good things about Donna DiOrio, Paul, and Staff. Our experience was absolutely perfect!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarissaMcGee
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear MarissaMcGee,
Thank you for such a spectacular review of our hotel. We strive to take care of each and every guest and to make them feel special. It sounds like we made the grade in your book! Our brides can be nervous about their big day. We're so happy that you felt at ease and that Donna, Paul and the hotel team took such good care of you and your guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Congratulations!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Astoria, New York
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed here over Columbus day weekend. Location was great able to walk downtown but a shuttle service is provided with reservations (depending on the valet we were able to call while out and have a shuttle come about 45 minutes later, which was a nice touch!). Front desk service was very accommodating. The rooms though are average - bathroom granite had a huge crack in it, bathrooms small but what really made the room average was the bed.. It was like a trampoline very bouncy and not very comfortable my husband and my back both hurt and didn't sleep as well as when I'm home.
Overall a great place to stay in relation to downtown Providence.
There is a heated indoor/outdoor pool on premises although we didn't go in we saw numerous people swimming and looking like they were having a great time - so bring a swimsuit :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Dragonfly22ny,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us. We are pleased that you had the chance to utilize our complimentary shuttle service or when you chose to do so, walked to area attractions. I am also delighted that you gave our service a perfect score. However, I am sorry that you did not get a good night's rest. I do apologize that you found our bed uncomfortable for your back. We want all our guests to receive a great night's rest when they stay with us. I hope that next time you visit you bring your swim suits and have a chance to enjoy our pool.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I've been staying at the Downtown Marriot for some time now. Everyone has always been professional and friendly. From checking in at the front desk staff to the housekeepers, waitresses, bartenders and concierge lounge staff the experience has always been wonderful! And you have some like Jonathan who I've had the pleasure to see at the front desk and the concierge lounge. And although he wears two different hats his attitude is always positive. He greets each guests and will often greet guests by Mr., Ms., or Mrs. followed by their last name. I love the welcoming feeling I get from everyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Nett530,
When a guest tells us that their stay felt like home - we know we have done a great job. Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay and that you find our associates so welcoming and wonderful. We appreciate that you identified Jonathon as an associate that made a difference. We will be sure to share all your comments with the whole hotel team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Chino Hills, California
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I recently stayed here while attending a conference at the convention center. The hotel has shuttle service available. The hotel had a great pool area and nice gym facility. All the staff we encountered, from the front desk to maintenance and housekeeping, were very friendly and always addressed us and said hello which made us feel welcome. The concierge room was great, it served a full breakfast everyday and had Starbucks coffee. We had one meal at the Blue Fin Lounge, the food was good and the price was reasonable. We stayed on the ground floor near the parking lot which was very convenient, however, it was also right next to the railroad tracks so there was train noise. I would suggest staying on the side of the hotel away from the tracks. The hotel is also close to the Federal Hill neighborhood with great Italian restaurants. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the side of the hotel away from the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Quincypj,
Thank you for your excellent review. We are so pleased to know that we made you feel so welcome. Our location is close (even within walking distance) to just about everything of interest in Providence. Our complimentary shuttle service is a great resource and we are so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to hosting you in the future.
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Downtown Marriot on a trip to Providence visiting 38 years after leaving Rhode Island and moving to the UK. I spent 2 nights there on the 24th and 25th Sept. I must say the whole hotel was fantastic. From checking in to checking out the whole experience was brilliant.
All the staff were friendly.. and genuinely so, No false happines which I have found elsewhere!
The food on offer is fantastic, why go out and eat when you can stroll into the restaurant and get a meal that is probably better than most places downtown?!
The bus shuttle service offered is a feature many hotels could learn from! Taking the shuttle from hotel into town so I could meet my cousin was quick and hassle free.
All in all a great stay.. The room was great..the service good.Only complaint I would make is that on the 2nd morning I was up early.. went to reception and asked for some more milk cartons for making coffee in the room.. The receptionist phoned thru to house keeping to take some up to me.. and it never arrived. Might have been my Dorset accent they couldn't understand and got room number wrong!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear JonPSmith,
Thank you for such a fabulous review and recommendation for our hotel. We also appreciate your rave reviews for our restaurant, the Bluefin Grille. We also are pleased to know that our staff provided you with such exceptional service. We understand from your review that you are traveling from far away but hope that when you do visit Providence again, you will choose to stay with us. We look forward to hosting you in the future.
Londonderry, NH
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We decided to spend a weekend in providence, Rhode Island. It was late September, great weather for walking. The city had a water fire that Saturday night. It was quite interesting and very much unique. We enjoyed going to the Italian section of town...federal hill for dinner. The hotel provide a free ride there. The hotel was clean, the lobby inviting, lots of amenities offered. The mattress on our bed was not so comfortable. Time for it to be changed. Bathroom very small.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
JD_PVDRI, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Cassie C,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle service to WaterFire. I am also pleased you were so happy with our location. It's great to stay in a hotel within walking distance to WaterFire and we're so glad you chose us to do just that. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Milford, ma
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I went with my GF and had a great experience staying there. Staff was professional and helpful. I loved our room and the TV was big. The only problem I had was the noise level since we were on the first floor. Make sure you request a high floor away from the elevators.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear blueracermon,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was very pleased to know that you loved your room and the service you received from our staff was impressive to you. We look forward to your next visit to Providence. Thank you for the recommendation.