“Marriott Downtown Providence”

Providence Marriott Downtown
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I thoroughly enjoy staying at the Marriott Downtow in Providence RI. I have multiple choices of locations to stay, but my preference is always the Marriott Downtown.
The location is close enough to walk to Whole Foods and multiple restaurants. The staff is friendly and greets me by name when I arrive. They make sure I have my room preference and am satisfied with my stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The concierge lounge is always welcoming and the food at the Bluefin Grille is excellent.
My favorite time is the evenings in the late summer when the Aqua is still open. Relaxing at the pool-side bar with a snack or dinner is a great way to end a long day.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear AmyS-NH,
Thank you so much for your great review and recommendations on TripAdvisor. I will share your comments with our team. Our outdoor lounge, AQUA, is very relaxing and one-of-a-kind in Providence. Thank you for recommending the Bluefin Grille too. Glad my team takes such good care of you when you stay with us. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Providence Marriott Downtown

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I was booked here for a conference. I received the conference rate which was great. Customer service prior to my visit was nice to see the things I could do while in Providence. Location right off the highway was good for me as I had not been in the area. Upon my arrival any contact with hotel staff was phenomenal, from the young man at the entrance, people at check-in, housekeeping met in the hallway, waiters at the restaurant. Definitely evident that customer service is a priority. I don't usually comment or review places I stay but was so impressed I wanted to pass along the information. When I travel to Providence I will stay here again.

Dear Lissa F,
Thank you for taking the time to share your brilliant travel experience with our TripAdvisor readers and with us! I am so pleased that you found our service phenomenal. I will certainly share your comments with the whole hotel team. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Providence!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for two nights for a conference. We got the conference rate which was very reasonable. We had amazing service before we even arrived. We received to emails prior to arrival asking if we had any special requests and then giving us an itinerary for Providence for the weekend of things going on that weekend, as well as info. about their restaurant and shuttle service. When we arrived which was early, they had a room ready for us. The staff was extremely friendly and every person we interacted with from the housecleaning staff, valet, front desk, to the managers went above and beyond. The only thing that I wish could have been a bit better was that there were no dressers in the room, no vent in the bathroom, and no place to hang bathings suits or hooks on the bathroom door. Everything else was great - comfortable bed, great shower. Providence itself has a lot to offer, between the great mall (has a movie theater) which the shuttle would take you to, great restaurants, water fire, and lots of performing arts centers. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear shera1320,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your travel experience with our TripAdvisor readers. Our staff are the best in the city, making sure each guest has a wonderful experience in our hotel as well as when they are out and about in the city. I'm pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle service as well. We hope you can visit us and the fine city of Providence again very soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The location of the hotel is ideal - very close to downtown (free shuttle if you don't want to walk) but with plenty of free parking spaces. Also ramps to 146 and 95 nearby. Front desk team is always very helpful - you can count on them if you need any help.

Room Tip: The hotel has two sides - one side facing train tracks and highway and the other facing courtyard of...

Dear Patrick Z,
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. Our location is ideal and our associates will truly go the extra mile to create brilliant travel experiences for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful time on a brief overnight stay for a Waterfire event. The brick and mortar was fine- clean, spacious room, bustling lobby, cocktail bar, restaurant- all things you expect in any nice hotel. What made the difference here was the people. Everyone, it seemed, had a smile on their face, said hello, and were happily going about their job. Management has somehow instilled a team mentality and has all the staff working together, going in the right direction. I would sum it up as workers having the right "attitude". It was infectious, kid of like "Hey, everyone around here is happy, having a good time, we are too". Go for it- you'll enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kevin M,
Thank you for your fantastic review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel team is focused on creating brilliant travel experiences for our guests. I am very pleased to hear from you that we achieved that. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Bathroom was a not well cleaned and lobby bathroom...shivers. Housekeeping can't be everywhere all the time but come on!

Restaurant service was pretty slow. I had to go back to chase the staff.

Pillow was lumpy.

All in all, a little disappointing, even for a business hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear trripman,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I do apologize that you were unhappy with the cleanliness of our hotel. I will take your feedback to our team and we will use your comments as a training tool. Your feedback is valuable to us. I do appreciate that you took the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stay in a lot of hotels. I travel constantly for work. I'm on the road more then I'm home sometimes. A nice quiet room and comfortable bed is all I'm looking for and this hotel had that and more. Pleasant staff, good room service options, clean rooms, and most of all quiet. Thanks for a great stay, I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Brent W
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Brent W,
Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience with us and for giving us such an excellent recommendation! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again very soon.