“Always the best!”

Providence Marriott Downtown
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Couldn't be better!!! It started with a great check in at arrival. Our room was in perfect order, thank you Maria L.The Hotel does a wonderful job. Breakfast was everything you could want and more, best Hotel stay and breakfast in Providence.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathryn M
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Kathryn M,
Thank you for your fantastic review! Your feedback is so important to us. I share each and every review with our hotel team. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We hope to see you again very soon! Happy Thanksgiving!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,536)

Reviewed 19 November 2013

For the past 8 months I have been traveling on business every week and staying at the Providence Marriott Downtown. It has become "home away from home" because the hotel service team has been extremely considerate, proactive and outgoing in making sure my stays are comfortable and safe. Each service team member greets me by name and makes me feel welcome each day! This hotel service team is truly exceptional!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Jean R,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel with our TripAdvisor readers. I am delighted to know that you feel welcome and safe when you stay with us. Your 5 star review is greatly appreciated. Thank you and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

The Marriott Downtown Providence simply just meets expectations time and time again, took a long weekend over Halloween and despite a potential wind storm everything met the usual top standards, preferred bedroom provided, preferred dining table reserved and the usual extended family welcome that only the Marriott provides so well.

Room Tip: Courtyard facing rooms are quieter during the winter as Aqua Swimming pool is closed. Free parking i...
1  Thank Eugene1958

Dear Eugene1958,
Thank you for taking the time to recommend our hotel. I appreciate all your excellent feedback and will share your comments with the whole team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have been staying in this hotel every week, Monday through Friday, since January 2013 for work. I have not once encounted an issue. The staff is extremely friendly and bends over backwards to assist myself and my other co-workers that stay at this hotel. Everyone remembers my name and always makes a point to ask me about my weekend or how work is going. Being that I stay at this hotel so much, the staff has really made this feel like a second home.

The gym is great, location makes everything walkable, rooms are always clean.

A special thank you to Irving, Roland, Todd, Emily, Jonathon, Chrissy, Sam, and I know I am forgetting some but you are all the best!!

3  Thank Caitlin D

Dear Caitlin D,
What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with our TripAdvisor readers. I will certainly be sure to share your comments with my team. Thank you for the recommendation and for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

In the past six months, I've stayed here several times for work. The service is amazing -the staff here is probably the friendliest I've encountered in 200+ hotel nights a year. They are extremely helpful and competent; everyone, from the front desk guys to the maids to the general manager, go above and beyond to provide a great stay. I can't stress enough the superior service I've consistently received here!

The rooms are pretty big and very functional and the hotel has nice amenities (the outdoors pool is great in the summer and the indoors pool is OK for a swim during the colder months and the gym is pretty decent, too). It has an on-site restaurant which is reasonably priced (not cheap but decent prices) and the food is great. The hotel location is convenient. Even though it is not right downtown, it is only a 5-10 minute walk away and there's a mall and a Whole Foods within walking distance and there's a free shuttle that goes to places nearby (1 or 2 mi from the hotel).

The only thing I don't really like about this hotel is that the bathrooms are pretty small and the AC units are really loud. In spite of this, I'd definitely stay here again and would recommend it for both business and leisure travelers.

Room Tip: Get a room without connecting doors if you're looking for something quiet.
1  Thank Mariana B

Dear Mariana B,
Thank you for recommending our hotel and giving us a 5 star review. Thank you also for your detailed feedback about how well my team takes care of you when you stay with us. I am certain you will continue to choose our hotel when you stay in Providence. Thank you again for taking the time to recommend the Providence Marriott and our fantastic service and amenities.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I thoroughly enjoy staying at the Marriott Downtow in Providence RI. I have multiple choices of locations to stay, but my preference is always the Marriott Downtown.
The location is close enough to walk to Whole Foods and multiple restaurants. The staff is friendly and greets me by name when I arrive. They make sure I have my room preference and am satisfied with my stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The concierge lounge is always welcoming and the food at the Bluefin Grille is excellent.
My favorite time is the evenings in the late summer when the Aqua is still open. Relaxing at the pool-side bar with a snack or dinner is a great way to end a long day.

Dear AmyS-NH,
Thank you so much for your great review and recommendations on TripAdvisor. I will share your comments with our team. Our outdoor lounge, AQUA, is very relaxing and one-of-a-kind in Providence. Thank you for recommending the Bluefin Grille too. Glad my team takes such good care of you when you stay with us. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I was booked here for a conference. I received the conference rate which was great. Customer service prior to my visit was nice to see the things I could do while in Providence. Location right off the highway was good for me as I had not been in the area. Upon my arrival any contact with hotel staff was phenomenal, from the young man at the entrance, people at check-in, housekeeping met in the hallway, waiters at the restaurant. Definitely evident that customer service is a priority. I don't usually comment or review places I stay but was so impressed I wanted to pass along the information. When I travel to Providence I will stay here again.

Dear Lissa F,
Thank you for taking the time to share your brilliant travel experience with our TripAdvisor readers and with us! I am so pleased that you found our service phenomenal. I will certainly share your comments with the whole hotel team. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Providence!