“Exceptional service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Providence
New York City, New York
“Exceptional service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I normally stay away from writing reviews but this is one I had to write about. From check-in being such a breez and the genuine hellos from every hotel staff that we would encountered, I could honestly say that this will definitely be our home away from home when I visit Providence. I'd also like to thank Miriam our server in the restaurant for being very pleasant and efficient. The restaurant was very busy that morning, but our server made us feel as we were the only guests she was attending to. The food and service definitely complimented our entire stay. Keep doing what your doing, because we will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear RG,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your excellent experience with us. I have shared your comments with our entire hotel team. I will be sure Miriam is recognized for her extraordinary service and genuine care. I am so pleased that my team made you feel so welcomed and that you will only stay here when you visit Providence. Hope to see you poolside this summer!
Eric Churchill, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The staff and service is what made my stay excellent! Vp fitness had an excellent staff and even offered me training, Joe and Steph couldn't make my stay any better, since I'm always traveling and training I will def come back here!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Getfit1,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay. I am delighted to know that you loved the personal training service available in our fitness center, Club PACE. VP Fitness offers personal training, consultation and nutritional advice and we are pleased to have them as a partner in our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best regards,
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed @ Mattiott downtown last weekend and had a great experience. Upon arrival Cheese and crackers at check-in to extremely comfortable rooms and a staff that goes out their way to make you feel as welcome as possible. Highly recommend this property. Looking forward to going back once the warmer weather arrives and enjoy "Aqua" their outdoor bar. Really nice place to relax.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Jim C,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is helpful and we use it as a training tool in our hotel. Hope to see you poolside this summer! Thanks again for the great review!
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

The staff at this location are friendly and professional. Although most of the staff deserves a perfect five star rating, Chrissy S is off the charts deserving a 10 stars. Her genuine warmth and interest in helping people feel welcomed is one of the greatest gifts to the tired traveler.
Chrissys keen intuition helps to guide her to accommodate the hotel guest/traveler.
Great job Orms Street Team!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheJ0llyLlama
Dear TheJ0llyLlama,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay. You identified Chrissy as an associate who truly impacted your stay for the better. She is awesome and has been recognized by the City of Providence for her exceptional hospitality skills. Thank you for giving her and the rest of us a perfect 5-star rating! Hope to see you poolside this summer!
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had a meeting at the hotel on April 11 & 12. Everything was perfect - no complaints. The sleeping rooms were clean and comfortable. The food was great, I was a little leery of including the baked scrod with the dinner buffet on Friday but it was excellent. Victoria, Rebecca, Bob and all our servers for the event were great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Regional01,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you also for identifying which associates positively impacted you visit with us. I will be sharing your comments with the whole hotel team. I will be sure to point out Victoria, Rebecca, Bob and all the servers for your event were excellent.
Thank you again!
Lincoln, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We recently attended an event at the hotel and Ryan Houlihan was responsible for our table. He was courteous, kind, and prompt the entire evening. I have never had such a wonder server! Everyone at our table was bragging about him. He is an asset to the Marriott chain.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear CL,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the kudos you had for Ryan Houlihan. I will be sure to share your review with my whole hotel team. Thanks again!
Webster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I decided to do a package deal and it was 160 for the hotel, breakfast, and a 75$ gift certificate for the bluefin grille. I can't say enough good about our stay! The beds were so comfortable. Dinner was good. Breakfast was delicious! The man on the omlet station obviously loved his job and it showed. He knew so many people by first name. He was singing and just enjoying his shift. I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Beckyandjosh,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with us. I am delighted that you booked our Ultimate Dining Package - it is a great deal. The Bluefin Grille is award-winning and has a culinary team like no other in Providence. I am so thrilled you had an awesome breakfast experience. Our omelette chefs know their stuff! Hope to see you poolside this summer!