“Best Service on THE PLANET”

Providence Marriott Downtown
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had an amazing stay at the Marriott last month thanks to the amazing Chrissy. I was having the worst evening and she comforted me, found me a beautiful room, made sure all my needs were met and helped me really find a home away from home when I was going through some personal problems. A hotel that makes you feel like your are cared about to that degree is very special. And the room was beautiful and clean and I got to watch a movie and sleep in and really - in a pinch hitting situation I got an impromptu vacation and a real sense that people care in this world. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Meriss210,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. You are in good hands when Chrissy checks you into our hotel. I am glad she took such good care of you especially since you were having a bad day. I hope you will visit again very soon. Our outdoor pool and lounge, AQUA, open for the season on May 19th. Hope to see you poolside!
Eric Churchill, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,536)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The staff at the Marriott did an outstanding job at making our wedding reception the most spectacular night. I had a particular expectation of what I wanted the night to be, and it went beyond my dreams. I could not have imagined working with anyone other than Donna to plan such an important event. My mother and I immediately felt a connection and trust with her; over the course of planning it felt like she had been a close family friend for years! She was there for us at any time to answer any question or assist with any detail, regardless of how minor or major it may have been. And believe me, we had questions!!

Everything was set up so perfectly as you entered cocktail hour and Aqua was the perfect setting! The ballroom was stunning... It literally took our breath away. The food was fabulous, the staff was friendly and prompt, and the night went perfectly. My husband and I were treated like celebrities the entire evening! Everything down to the last detail of the dessert station and candy bar was perfect and beyond what we hoped for! This is most certainly the place, and these are the people you want to work with, to celebrate life's important occasions.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear AC,
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor and for selecting us for your special day. You are in the best hands when you book your wedding with Donna DiOrio. Thank you for your excellent, detailed comments. We hope to see you out at AQUA this summer. It opens for the season on May 19th.
Sincerely and congratulations,

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I can't begin to tell you what an amazing weekend my lovely wife and I had at this amazing hotel. First, let me start by saying that what brought us here to begin with was the Romantic Gondola ride through the beautiful city canals. The hotel itself made the rest of our 20th Anniversary memorable. The staff new who we were right from the start. They had prepared a wonderful complementary dessert platter for us to enjoy when we arrived in our room. I had asked the front desk to make reservations at a nice restaurant near the Gondola for us and they did better than that. When we arrived at the restaurant and checked in, they took us to a nice big corner booth that had rose petals laid all over the tablecloth and a hand written card from the owner and staff of the restaurant thanking my wife and I for celebrating our 20th anniversary with them. The next morning the hotel staff gave us a complementary breakfast at the Blue Finn Grille. Needless to say, it was nothing less than incredible especially after our lovely server gave us each a Mimosa.
My wife and I have been on more trips and vacations and overnight trips than I would even like to think about, but one thing I can say for sure, her and I agree, we would not change one single thing about this INCREDIBLE weekend. Thank you Providence Marriott Downtown!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JMClark1

Dear JMClark1,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am delighted that you and your wife had such a special 20th anniversary. It is absolutely our pleasure to celebrate that with you. We hope you will make your anniversary visit an annual event with us. Thanks again.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I booked this hotel on Priceline at the last minute, which is typical for me. The room was a corner room, full windows on 2 walls with a great view of the ever so beautiful Providence. Some hotels will give you a less than desirable room when booked through Priceline, this was quite the opposite. The room was extremely well kept, everything was clean, like new, the air temperature was perfectly adjusted to our liking, the staff was extremely welcoming and helpful and the breakfast was excellent! The hotel is conveniently located in walking distance to some of Providence's hot gathering spots.

Room Tip: The corner room was bright with great views of the city!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear TeriV18,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to know what an excellent experience you had during your stay. We hope to see you this summer. The outdoor pool and lounge, AQUA, open later this month. See you poolside!

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Nice lobby. Food at bar was great. Rooms are clean but... it's time for updates. Obvious sign of wear.large pillows had sweat marks. Shower was not inviting. Room doors are old varnish style. Staff very friendly. Close to highway. Not what you expect from a Marriott. Remember this is not one of there lesser category hotels. It's a Marriott.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert Z
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear RZ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our Greatroom (lobby) and your meal in the Bluefin Lounge. I appreciate your feedback about your room and that you felt it was in need of some updating. I will speak with our rooms division to discuss your comments. Our location provides easy access for our guests. We are also located within walking distance to most area attractions, restaurants and shopping. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We got in right on time, the hostess and wait staff were excellent. The food was plentiful and hot. And Ryan Houlihan was very helpfull. The young lady that waited on us directly made our brunch a very nice expeirence

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear DB,
Thank you so much for spending Easter at the Providence Marriott. I am thrilled to hear what an excellent experience you had. That is the overall feedback we received. I will be sure that Ryan H. is commended for a job well done. I will certainly share your review with the entire hotel team. We hope to see you at our Mother's Day Brunch Buffet.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Charming
Hospitality
Integrity
Sensible
Savvy
Youthful
Sensational

Chrissy S epitomizes the great service ,attention and vigor shown by the associates at this Marriott.

My family looks forward to our visits to this location, mostly because of the great people that make us feel so very welcome to be there.

Stayed: April 2014

Dear GreasyBear,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your fabulous feedback about your stay. I have shared your comments with the entire team and especially identified Chrissy as the awesome associate that she is. Thank you and see you soon!