“The coincierge”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Providence
New York City, New York
“The coincierge”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

The staff here at the coincierge are friendly always helpful,services on time,especially Elizabeth st.vil Allison pejouhy and have been so nice to our colleagues with their hospitality , cheers to the whole team!! 8 months with them and a year to go at this place.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Premanand N,
Thank you so much for your excellent feedback about your stay(s) with us! I am so pleased that our concierge staff take such great care of you. We appreciate that being away from home so much can be very difficult. We're pleased that we can make you feel so welcomed when you stay here.
Eric Churchill, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Personally, I love staying at the Marriott. The rooms are very nice and well appointed. No corners cut. I've planned many company events at the Marriott and will not hesitate to do so again. Club Aqua is a beautiful outdoor setting for an event, or to just have a nice cold beverage, bite to eat and get together with friends. I'm looking forward to having our company picnic there in August. The staff is professional, courteous and they go out of their way to cater to you. Very nice to get this kind of service. Thank you Providence Marriott!

Room Tip: Love a view? Stay on a higher floor looking south.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear RM,
Thank you for taking the time to share your awesome experience with us! I was delighted to read how much you loved your past events and that you plan on many more with us. Our resort-style service and atmosphere is unique to Providence. Thank you for recognizing us for it!
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I am a big fan of Marriotts and stay at them all the time. This one was "tired." I really like the set up of the indoor/outdoor pool, but really needs to be cleaned up: bugs clogging overhead lights; mildew/brown stains on hot tub tiles; dirt in pool. Mildew at certain parts in shower in room. Otherwise front office staff very nice and concierge treats at 5:30p pretty good. Sorry...I just expect more from my preferred brand, Marriott.

Green Features: Not sure. Should practice envrionmentally friendly by keeping a really beautiful property cleaned up. Hotel has so much great potential with location and set up.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 171Sue
Dear 171Sue,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I apologize that you felt your accommodations needed attention. I will certainly discuss this with our Operations Team as it is our pledge to create fantastic, resort-style experience for our guests. I am pleased that enjoyed our pool. I hope you will visit us again this summer.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The staff was amazing from the sales staff Kristen who set up our room to the room helpers. Made the event go off with no issues. Very available with anything we needed. Room was clean set up perfect even handled last second changes without hassle. Only hotel we will use going forward in providence after using most of them for business this by far is the best all round. Worth every penny we paid. Already booked June event there instead of another hotel we were going to use.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Gavcorp,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to know we took such good care of you and will certainly recognized Kristin for helping you to make your event so success. We look forward to your future events!
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The place was beautiful, the food was good and the service was great! We only heard good things from other's who attended and we will definitely recommend this place to others! Thank you Marriot and Ryan Houlihan, who was the best server ever!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear TinaTee2014,
Thank you so much fro taking the time to share your experience with us. I was delighted to read that your event was such a huge success. I will be sure that Ryan H. and the whole banquet and catering team is recognized as well. Thank you again.
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 13 June 2014

When I went to the party at AQUA located inside the Providence Marriott Downtown, I wasn't anticipating such a great mix of the unexpected (like the painted live "statues") with delicious food and fantastic bar service. The raw bar was a real treat as was the taco cabana. My fiance and I had a good time socializing with people while enjoying the comfortable space of AQUA. I want to thank Jen Dahler for inviting the whole Providence Monthly crew to the event. Those who attended had a blast! Well done. Dan S.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear mrdan321,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and your experience at AQUA. We are very proud of the events that take place at AQUA (as well as throughout the hotel). AQUA is a special and totally unique to the area. I am grateful that you appreciated that and had such a good time. We hope to see you poolside this summer!
North Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My Colleagues and I had the absolute pleasure of recently attending a Client Appreciation event at the Providence Marriott Aqua. This poolside lounge is the ideal, chic spot for mingling, atmosphere and exceptional service. The decor is beautiful, the food was outstanding, with plenty of pleasant servers, tending to your every need. The lounge area is adorned with cabana's, fire pits, plants, tables with bright chairs and more. There were also exquisite live statue models for this particular event, such as a spectacular mermaid. Every successful detail was met. This event was undoubtedly top notch, in turn, now a Summer go to spot for my group. It was the perfect blend between having intimate talk with my group within a cool, relaxing, social atmosphere. We had a fabulous experience and absolutely recommend, Aqua, as a wonderful destination. Brenda M.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear BrendaMan1114,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your event at AQUA. It truly is an amazing venue as well as the only outdoor poolside lounge in Providence. We look forward to seeing you out there this summer. Thanks again and see you poolside!