“Girls Night Away”

Providence Marriott Downtown
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Marriott Downtown Providence a few weekends ago and we couldn't have had a nicer time! Staff was very friendly and accommodating! They have an awesome outdoor space that looked like an event was taking place while we were staying there. But me and my friend didn't have a chance to experience it because we spent all our time watching the water fires! But It was a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Britney B
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear BB,
Thank you for your awesome feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed WaterFire so much. I hope you and your friend can visit us again this summer - we have so many fun events planned at our outdoor lounge, AQUA. You can even reserve a private cabana and have spa services. The Providence Marriott is a perfect spot for a girlfriends' getaway.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

What a great stay! The staff here could not be more accommodating, the indoor/outdoor pool is great! AND YOU HAVE A SPA! The hotel is also in a great location where you are not dealing with downtown traffic but are just a few minutes away with your shuttle. See you again real soon!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kris S

Dear KS,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The G Salon & Spa is located on the lobby level of the hotel. You can even have spa services in a private cabana at AQUA, our outdoor lounge. Thank you as well for mentioning how awesome our location is. We love being located within walking distance to WaterFire Providence and other area attractions, restaurants and shops. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We took a staycation with our teenage boys and had a great time! Breakfast was wonderful, the staff was very friendly (Vanessa I believe checked us in) and the pool was very relaxing,
We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear beachtravel77,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Everyone needs a little staycation and we are so pleased you chose to stay with us. Our indoor and outdoor connecting pools and outdoor lounge, AQUA, are very, very popular. We hope you have time for another visit before the summer ends.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

What an amazing experience we had at the Providence Marriot Downtown ! ! Went for an anniversary trip, described that it was sort of a special day when booking.. There were Champagne and Strawberries waiting for us upon arrival ! ! We had a lot planned for the weekend, so having access to our car and not having to wait for Valet was a huge plus + ! ! To wake up on a beautiful morning overlooking the State House from our suite to the sound of a soft knock from room service with our fantastic breakfast was a pleasant awakening.. Both the food and young man who delivered to us were above and beyond expectation.. Then to head downstairs to the pool/ hot tub area and enjoy a mimosa while relaxing in the sun.. It was truly astonishing to find all of this in the city ! ! Being two women, the countertop and mirror space in our room is always important and it was quite sufficient to get ourselves together for the day.. One of our nights there we decided to cancel our reservations elsewhere and try out The Blue Fin Grille.. - Am I glad we did!! Delicious, well thought out dishes to die for!! I enjoyed the lamb while my partner enjoyed a perfectly cook filet.. Again, the service was above and beyond our expectations as well.. At the end of our last night we ordered late night dessert and wine.. Very nice touch.. Great selection as well.. Overall I have not one bad thing to say ! ! -And I have no problem giving a bad review when deserved.. Thank you team Marriot for making our experience downtown far better than ever expected ! ! This is certainly the place to stay in Providence : )

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ash J
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear AJ,
Thank you for sharing your outstanding experience with us. We appreciate that you chose to celebrate your anniversary at the Providence Marriott Downtown. I am so happy that we were able to surprise you and make your stay all that more special. I do hope that you will visit us again soon. Now that summer is in full swing, we have many exciting events planned at AQUA. We hope to see you poolside for one of them soon.
Best regards and Happy Anniversary!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Providence Marriott exemplifies Customer Service! I recently stayed at the Providence Marriott and was running late for an event due to horrendous traffic. I wanted to bring flowers to the event and did not have time to get them. On a whim, I called the Marriott and was connected to Ms. Jennifer Dahler, who assured me that she would take care of the situation and would have the flowers waiting for me at the Marriott. They were in fact ready and quickly retrieved and the charge was no more than had I gone to a florist myself! She was a true professional and her focus on the customer is appreciated! I have been a loyal Marriott customer for years and have platinum premier lifetime level, however I have begun to notice that many of the properties are not focused on the customer any longer. This property and Ms. Dahler have restored my faith and I highly suggest that if you are in Providence that you treat yourself to a stay at this Marriott where you are valued.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear EM,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your excellent experience with us. I am so pleased that we were able to assist you with your flowers. I will be sure that your review is shared with the whole team and that Jennifer is recognized. Our hotel team is always focused on the needs of each and every guest. So glad you called ahead and we were able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I truly enjoyed my time at the hotel.the service was AWESOME. I plan to return sometime in the next couple of weeks. the hotel is clean, conveniently located and walking distance to the Water fire show we attended. great time and plan to return in the next couple of weeks

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David O
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear D.O.,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so pleased you will be visiting us again so soon! I will also be sure to share your comments about Anna Dasilva with the whole hotel team. Our associates enjoy seeing their names mentioned on Trip Advisor. Be sure to check our AQUA's calendar of events before you plan your trip. I wouldn't want you to miss all the fun events we have planned for the summer.
See you poolside in a few weeks!

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Staff were at the top of their game. I have never experienced such wonderful concierge service as I did here with Brendan and Dennis. The room was great and beds were very comfortable. Highly highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear KB,
Thank you for your amazing 5-star review!! I will certainly share your feedback about how well our front desk team took care of you - especially the associates you mentioned in your review. Thank you so much for your recommendation.