“Busy little place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Providence
Tarrytown, New York
“Busy little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great public spaces. Nice lobby and bar. The outdoor bar by the pool was a nice surprise especially on a nice summer evening. The place was very busy. People in the pool, at the gym, hanging out at the bars. I don't know what its near, but its a popular hotel. I had a large king room with a fold out sofa bed. Very roomy and quiet.. The bath amenities were very nice. The place looks a little dated. Besides that, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Ray55,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed our outdoor lounge, AQUA at the Providence Marriott, so much - it is a fun place to relax and is also very popular. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your room so much as well. I do hope you visit again soon.
Eric Churchill, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Bedford, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The staff at The Providence Marriott was very accommodating during our 2 day meeting. We did not experience any issues with the set up of our function and everything was on time. I plan on using this facility again for future meetings and I highly recommend this property for a business function.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TYJJW
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear TYJJW,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your excellent comments with us. I am delighted to hear that your sales meeting was such a success. Our team is dedicated to providing our guests (overnight, events/meetings and in the community) with exceptional experiences. It was our pleasure to do that for your team. Thank you for your recommendation.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is the second year our swim team has stayed at the Providence Marriott. The proximity to Brown University where our team competed is great! The hotel is amazing: clean, modern, and the staff is always smiling and friendly, and very helpful. From the beginning of our team's travel plans, I dealt with Paul and then Victoria for our groups' needs. They were both wonderful to work with. I couldn't have asked for more caring and efficient customer service! I hope the event will take place at Brown University again next year, because our group can't wait to return!

Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear AG,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your excellent stay with us. I will be sure that Paul, Victoria and the rest of the team get a chance to read your review. The Providence Marriott has a lot of experience with sports team and I am pleased we used our expertise to take such good care of you.We also hope you return to Brown for your event next year. We looking forward to serving you again soon.
Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Quite simply….. they make it easy and provide excellent customer service. We just concluded our third business meeting at the Providence Marriott downtown and yet again they made it easy. We schedule about 5 to 6 off site business meetings annually in different venues across the country. This is without a doubt our favorite location as they commit to a plan and then execute flawlessly. Kristin, Joanna, Bob and all of the staff at the Providence Marriott understand true customer service. I always receive great comments from the attendees about the politeness of the staff, execution of the day and quality of the food. It’s a pleasure to give the Providence Marriott our business and we will continue whenever possible. They have earned it once again.

Dear norestraveller,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted that your events have been so successful. Our team strives to make you look great and for everything to be executed flawlessly. I will be sure that Kristin, Joanna, Bob and all the staff are recognized for your excellent comments.
Take care and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Palm Beach, Florida, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Love the indoor/outdoor pool & Aqua bar! Especially delighted with the G Salon!! Had haircolor, cut, Mani/pedi, and even a facial the next day! Gina the owner went out of her way to make my salon/spa experience special. Raved about it so much, my husband went in for a haircut by Carrie. Who'd a thunk such a good salon would be in a hotel? The hotel was great too: restaurant, staff, ambience. Would definitely come often, if nothing else just to enjoy the pool & salon!

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank norestraveller
Dear norestraveller,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I am so happy that you had a great experience at G Salon. AQUA, Providence's only poolside lounge, is a lot of fun and very relaxing. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay so much. See you soon!
new britain ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Just recently stayed and I must say no complaints this place is amazing great location not far from the mall ..pool amazing great drinks and restaurants .will stay here again in the near future..the staff was great so polite..zero complaints

• Stayed August 2014
      Cleanliness
1 Thank nessa53103
Dear nessa53103,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, I am pleased that you received 5-star treatment. Our outdoor lounge, AQUA, is very popular. The cocktail and dining menu at AQUA, Providence's only poolside lounge, is modern and fun. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again before the summer ends.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

The professionals at this Marriott made me feel like I belong. The Marriott staff is by far the most welcoming to me than any other hotel I have stayed at during my years of travel. My co-workers and I can be very persnickety but the friendly and professional staff (Matt, Roland and Kelly to mention a few) consistently went out of their way to meet our needs.

Since it is often difficult eating healthy meals when traveling, I was particularly pleased that I could order a nutritious dinner of seafood, cooked several different ways, served with fresh vegetables, at the Blue Finn Grill. Although, I love the pool area but I did not get to use it as often as I would have liked.

I am sad to say that, after 2 years, my work in Providence is ending and I doubt that other hotels will meet the quality of service I received at this Marriott. I will particularly miss Chris Agostino, who spoiled us the most. He was always available to make sure our entire stay was pleasurable.

1 Thank Ruth W
Dear RW,
Thank you so much for your loyalty for the last two years. We hope you can visit us again soon. I am so pleased our healthy food choices at the Bluefin Grille helped make you feel like you could make wise choices for dinner. I will be sure that Christopher, Matt, Roland and Kelly are recognized for your excellent comments and for how well they took care of you. Enjoy the rest of the summer!
Take care,