“Nice clean rooms - excellent service - great value”

Providence Marriott Downtown
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed 18 August 2014

stayed here on our way up to New Hampshire to break up the trip. At check in, Roland (a guest relations supervisor) gave me a handwritten list of things to see and do there that turned out to be the highlights of the trip. the staff was very friendly including in the restaurant. Overall the value was excellent. The room was recently renovated and very clean. We stayed on a friday night and had a room with a pool view. The pool bar was a bit louder but not unbearable but I would request a room farther from the pool on a weekend night.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Harry M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to recommend our hotel. It is so helpful to hear what you enjoyed most about your stay. Whether it was the connecting indoor and outdoor pools, our amazing service or our excellent restaurants (Bluefin Grille and AQUA), we want to take your feedback and make things better and better. So thank you for taking the time. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My friends and I love to get together once a month,and after reading great reviews on trip advisor we decided to try the bluefin grille. As soon as we walked we were promptly greeted by the hostess Maria, she made us feel so welcome. Our server Myriam was a doll!! She was very thorough in explaining our breakfast options and the service was just phenomenal. My friends and I all agreed that we will definitely return sooner than later. Kudos to the chef, our meal was amazing ! Keep it up Bluefin Grille!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank KWhite69

Dear KWhite69,
Thank you for your awesome review! Wow!
I was so delighted to read that Maria and Myriam took such special care of you. We hope you will visit us again soon. If you think breakfast at the Bluefin Grille was excellent, just wait until you try lunch or dinner! See you soon.
Sincerely, Eric Churchill, General Manager

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

This was my 1st stay ever in 40 yrs alone at a hotel..A friend Kellie Roche Drapeau works for Marriot and booked it for me and just sent me email conf..Check in was at 4pm. I got out of class at 11:30 that morning and they got me right in a room. Kelly, Grace, & Dominique were fabulous bartenders in the Blue Fin..Very Friendly!! And have to mention Vivian (Vee) who works in coffee shop & Blue Fin..Absolutely a doll..I was alone yet didn't feel alone at all..Great Stay

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Waitress74,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was delighted to read that your first solo hotel stay went so smoothly. I'm glad you felt so comfortable and safe. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight for our anniversary....booked the romance package. Hotel was beautiful upon entering the lobby and staff was very friendly & courteous...always greeting us each time we were out of our room. The pool area looked very nice but did seem like there wasn't enough seating and looked like it could get crowed very easily. We ate outside the hotel so cannot review the restaurant.

Unlike some of the other reviews, our room on the Concierge level was nicely maintained however, did lack the updated amenities related to phone/chargers, etc. We basically had a nice stay but in the end had to speak to the manager re: staff entering our room while we were out when we had our 'Do Not Disturb' sign hung out on the door's knob. Upon check in, we asked that the champagne and strawberries be kept on hold until we figured out our schedule.....we didn't want to drink alcohol and then drive. The staff person said it wasn't a problem and to call when we want them delivered. So imagine our surprise when we got back to the room later in the evening and found the items had been delivered! A sticky note had been placed on the TV stating the items can be found in the mini-fridge. When we opened the door, we saw a large plate with 5 (!) strawberries...the first thing I said to my husband was "Why 5? There are 2 of us...why not 6 or 8?" However, the BIGGER question we asked ourselves was why did staff enter the room with the sign on the door? Upon checking out, we spoke to the manager about this and she stated that by no means were staff to have entered the room and also, clarified that there are usually 6 strawberries delivered. I responded that the strawberries had become frozen (which she couldn't believe...."the fridge was that cold"!) and I further stated that, for a Marriott, 6 doesn't reflect the "higher end" hotel they are trying to be or worth the package deal.

She did offer to refund $20. For us, it's about the experience and unfortunately, the trust was broken. We are avid Marriott customers...in the past 2 weeks, my husband has stayed at Marriotts seven times.... this was our first romantic package we took advantage of and unfortunately, feel let down.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear bmts,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with us. I want you to know that I am very sorry about the miscommunication with your amenity delivery. I am following up with the room service team about delivery procedures. I'll be honest with you that I have a soft spot for our guests who are celebrating a romantic weekend. I expect nothing less than perfect service. I apologize and am disappointed that your experience was not what you had expected. A member of our team will be following up with you soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I've recently spent the week here and I've enjoyed my stay thoroughly. The hotel itself is very updated and my room was very clean (and included an outstanding view of the pool/AQUA Lounge). The majority of my meals were enjoyed at the Bluefin Grille where the food was delicious, but the restaurant staff was really what made my dining experiences memorable. Everyone was very friendly and extremely helpful. I was often greeted by name every time I came down for a meal, and on top of making me feel very much at home, they were all very accommodating as well. I would absolutely recommend this hotel--and especially the restaurant--to anyone looking to stay in Providence, I don't think the service here can be beat!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Briana R

Dear Briana R,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experiences. I am delighted that you had such an awesome stay. Our resort-style hotel in the heart of the creative capital is well-known for the exceptional service. I thank you for telling the TA community about how much your enjoyed your stay. I hope you will visit us again very soon. We look forward to it!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Your level of service and personal attention are exceptional for such a moderately priced hotel! We especially enjoyed talking to the friendly, well informed college students manning the front desk. Michaela made the reservations for us over the phone and made us feel very special and welcomed. This is our favorite hotel in Providence!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula M

Dear Paula M,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the TA community. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much. Our front desk team is delightful and I'm glad you got the chance to know them. I was also happy to read that Michaela took such good care of you.
Hope to see you again very soon,

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

They have done a great job with the lobby, pool, and fitness center, but my room certainly needed a facelift. When I got to my room the door was open, I found that the 1960's era door needed to be pulled shut. The bathroom has drop ceilings and was not as clean as I would have expected.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mick1915
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear mick1915,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that your door was not functioning properly and for your dissatisfaction with the cleanliness of your bathroom. That is certainly not acceptable and will be immediately addressed by our operations team leaders. I am glad you enjoyed our fitness center, lobby and our connecting indoor and outdoor pools. I hope you had some time to relax at AQUA our outdoor, poolside lounge. I also hope you will visit again.