“April Jones, Marriott Staff- THANK YOU!”

Providence Marriott Downtown
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed 31 August 2014

As a jazz singer and performance artist, I have traveled all over the world and stayed in some of the finest hotels from Bangkok to Berlin- but the best service, advice and help I have ever experienced happened this past Friday night at the Providence Marriott. There was a wedding party in the lobby, a busy bar, a rush of people in and out and through the halls and lobby, crazy busy- and I was there for my first ever comedy stand-up bit, not to mention contest!-- in the back conference room. Comics were signing in, guests arriving to see the show, a bar was being set up in the hallway, and the waitstaff was busy with set-up and drink orders and giving directions and moving furniture-- We performers had paid $25 to Catch a Rising Star to compete and I asked at their desk, "is there water for us?" Nobody knew, nobody cared. April Jones, waitstaff member on duty, overheard me and took the time to get me a glass of water- showed me where the ladies room was, - I mean, she was busy- with drink orders and controlling the Friday night chaos, - but she took the time to make sure I was comfortable. When my friends arrived for the show, she helped them find seats in the maze. In the middle of the show, busy as she was, she took time to video tape my 5 minute performance with her cell phone camera!!!! I had mentioned that I needed someone to do it, and somehow, again, in the midst of her work, she helped me out. I witnessed her doing the same for other comics and guests that night-- as well as her fellow staff members- - April, you're a total pro and I can't thank you enough. !!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Laurel C,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was delighted to read that April was such a great help to you and your friends. To video your stand-up routine for you was truly above and beyond. I will certainly recognize April's brilliant guest service. I am glad you enjoyed your evening.

There are newer reviews for Providence Marriott Downtown

Reviewed 29 August 2014

The Providence Marriott is truly an exceptional venue. The staff was attentive to all of our needs. You will not be disappointed if booking a major conference here. The food is delicious (especially in the Aqua Lounge) and the meeting spaces are fully functioning and clean. Special thanks to Victoria Miller, Paul Bachinger, Bob Dickie and Ryan Houlihan.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear JaneD832014,
Thank you so much for the feedback about your conference at the Providence Marriott. I will certainly recognize Victoria, Paul, Bob and Ryan for the excellent service they provide you. I am so pleased our culinary team led by Chef Franco Paterno wowed you with your menus especially at AQUA, Providence's only poolside lounge. AQUA will be open for a few more weeks before we have to say goodbye to summer. I hope you have a chance to visit us again before then.
Take care and thank you for the 5-star review!

Reviewed 29 August 2014

So my boyfriend and I decided to take weekend getaway and we decided to stay at the Marriott Downtown. We got there around 7 and at 1st they couldn't find my reservation even though I have been sent confirmations took them like 5 mins then they said "Oh it was hiding" so we checked in and once we entered the room it has a bad smell we thought it was the carpets so we left and came back. Later we were ready for bed we realized it was the bed, pillows and the sheets I had to take them off and call for another set of sheets which helped a bit and they were delivered really quick but the smell still lingered the next day after they cleaned the room and we came back the window was opened so it smelled a bit better but now clean. When it was time for check out we are standing in line with our suitcases at 10: 45 we go up to the counter and the lady asked how can I help you when it is obvious we were checking out. While the person before and after us were asked "how was you stay" when they walked up to the counter we were never asked even after we said we are checking out and they asked "did you get a copy of the bill". I guess our satisfaction doesn't count. Will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sasha B

Dear Sasha B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay. I apologize that your linens had to be changed due to an odor. I have our housekeeping team looking into what could have caused that. There shouldn't be any odor in our guest rooms other than the smell of cleanliness. I am also sorry that when you checked out that you felt that your satisfaction didn't count. It most certainly does count. Our entire team believes that and cares deeply not only about satisfying our guests but to exceed their expectations. It appears someone made a mistake and their team will review the importance of asking about our guests' stay. I do truly thank you for your feedback. I hope you will give us another chance and that we see you soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I attended a wedding this past weekend. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. My wife was amazed by all the amazing work and organization that went to it. The cocktail and pre reception in the outdoor pool lounge area was a change of scenery that I feel like change the moods from emotional about the wedding to party mode. The food at the reception was absolutely amazing. My wife said everything looked perfect and next time she has an event she will do it here.

It was an early wedding ceremony, so we got there around 10 am. My wife was happy to see that they had Starbucks inside the hotel. She also enjoyed a wonderful talk with Vivian at the coffee shop The coffee was a great kick start since we woke up early for a weekend. Unfortunately they didn't have any breakfast sandwiches. There was restaurant there, but by the time we got there they had stopped serving the menu and only had buffet we were told by a young man(John I believe) . Fortunately the hostess, Maria, came to my rescue and told us that the omelette station was able to make eggs and cheese with bacon and put on a bagel, and she will charge for a sandwich. She absolutely made my morning because I am the type of guy that needs a good breakfast!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Al Y,
Thank you so much for giving us a 5-star review! I am delighted that we took such good care of you during your stay and that we impressed you with our service, style and experience at the wedding you attended. AQUA is a cool spot for a cocktail reception. It does take the edge off after the emotions of a wedding ceremony and almost begs for the guests to relax and enjoy the resort-style atmosphere. I will be sure to recognize Vivian from Starbucks and especially Maria from our Bluefin Grille (for coming to the rescue with your breakfast sandwich just as you like it). We look forward to helping your wife plan her next event; please ask her to give us a call when she's ready to put together the details. Thank you again.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Wow! So Happy we booked the Providence Marriott for our son's wedding. We had the wedding on site, the cocktail hour at the AQUA, and a wonderful reception dinner in the Ocean State Ballroom. We received many compliments on the food and the remarkable service. Our wedding coordinator, Donna, was so accommodating and helpful - she made the difference! I can't say enough good things about the facility, the service, the food. You can trust the Providence Marriott with your event! Tremendous, tremendous experience!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Paula A,
Thank you so much for the excellent feedback about your son's wedding and your experience at our hotel. I will certainly recognize Donna and her team for creating such a perfect celebration for your son. Donna is the top choice in Providence, RI for brides looking to plan a wedding. Thank you for recommending her and the Providence Marriott as a great wedding and event venue. Take care and congratulations!!!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

My daughter recently got married, we had her bridal shower and wedding ceremony and reception at the Marriott. The food, service, was top notch. Why go anywhere else. My daughter and I expressed our wishes on what we wanted and left everything up to them. If I could give them a 10 I would. My daughter told me it was the wedding she always wished for, and thanks to the wonderful people at the Marriott it was that plus. We were also given a great room rate for our guests and the next morning was nice we all got to relax with a cup of coffee etc.

Room Tip: all rooms were good.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Nancy G,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am delighted that your daughter had such a wonderful bridal shower, ceremony and reception here. As one of the preferred Providence RI wedding venues, I know you were in good hands. Thank you again and congratulations!!!!

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stay at the Marriott when we visit his twin brother & his family. They have an awesome tropical style patio & pool area. Sometimes with live music. The last time we were there we brought our Shar-Pei. He is a very well behaved dog so we knew there wouldn't be a problem on our end but we were nervous he may not be allowed to stay for whatever reason...being to big or the way he looks (he's friendly but looks mean). But no problems. They even said hi & pet him. We will continue to stay here. Plus there Salon is great too. Very friendly staff all the way around!!! Plus the place is very clean & new.

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Kekepania P,
Thank you so much for your excellent review of our hotel. We love when you visit with your four-legged family member. I'm glad you had such a good time during your visit. We will count on the fact that you will be back soon to enjoy our connecting indoor and outdoor pools and our resort-style lounge, AQUA. Did you know you can schedule spa & salon treatments in one of the cabanas at AQUA? Summer's not over yet - hope to see you again very soon.