“We keep coming back!”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Providence
Rockville Centre, New York
“We keep coming back!”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

My son goes to college in Providence and this is the one hotel we keep coming back to. Shuttle is very convenient to Federal Hill, Providence Place, etc.. Pool area is great for our younger children and the exercise facility is more than adequate. Rooms are very comfortable and quiet, which you wouldn't expect in a downtown area. Restaurant on premises also makes it very convenient if you want to stay in to dine. Another plus is parking on-site. This was key for us! All around great stay every time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PMW1086
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear PMW1086,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am delighted that you continue to choose our hotel for the connecting indoor and outdoor pools, the award-winning Bluefin Grille, our state-of-the-art fitness center and our complimentary parking. Our complimentary shuttle service is also very convenient so thank you for mentioning that too. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again soon when you visit your son at college. See you soon
Eric Churchill, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Love the bed, felt like sleeping in a cloud. Nice quiet rooms, attentive staff and great pool area. Real easy commute into the city. I walked over to the mall and had a nice dinner. Shuttle is very convenient!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear PS18,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am so pleased you found our beds so comfortable and that your loved our connecting indoor and outdoor pools. Yankee Magazine voted us the Best Hotel for Pool Lovers 2014 for a reason. Our outdoor lounge AQUA is typically open until Columbus Day. Anytime you would like to schedule our complimentary shuttle you may dial zero from your room phone or visit us at the front desk. We look forward to serving you again soon.
South Carolina
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Came up to visit daughter. We wanted a poolside room to have a bit of outdoor space. We arrived late evening and were placed in room 109, with double beds rather than the requested king. The room was otherwise adequate 4/5 in terms of cleanliness. We finally saw the " outside space" in daylight and to call it disappointing is an understatement. It is in a corner, the air conditioners for the 5 floors above drip into this space, there is no concrete pad, there are dirty wood chips on the ground that we kept tracking into the room, and there were 5 big extension cords crossing our little space. Absolutely horrible. IF you choose this hotel check the room in daylight before taking it! Room 109 should be closed permanently.

Stayed September 2014
1 Thank nucleon
Dear nucleon,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay. I apologize that the room you were assigned was not to your standards. I am working with the operations team to determine what we can do to create a more relaxing poolside experience for that particular room as your description is not what we consider our standard. I would appreciate if you would please contact our front office management so that we may further discuss this with you. Please contact Kasey at kbancroft@marriottprovidence.com. I truly appreciate your comments as our goal is create extraordinary experiences for our guests. We hope to hear from your soon.
Pawtucket, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed 31 August 2014

As a jazz singer and performance artist, I have traveled all over the world and stayed in some of the finest hotels from Bangkok to Berlin- but the best service, advice and help I have ever experienced happened this past Friday night at the Providence Marriott. There was a wedding party in the lobby, a busy bar, a rush of people in and out and through the halls and lobby, crazy busy- and I was there for my first ever comedy stand-up bit, not to mention contest!-- in the back conference room. Comics were signing in, guests arriving to see the show, a bar was being set up in the hallway, and the waitstaff was busy with set-up and drink orders and giving directions and moving furniture-- We performers had paid $25 to Catch a Rising Star to compete and I asked at their desk, "is there water for us?" Nobody knew, nobody cared. April Jones, waitstaff member on duty, overheard me and took the time to get me a glass of water- showed me where the ladies room was, - I mean, she was busy- with drink orders and controlling the Friday night chaos, - but she took the time to make sure I was comfortable. When my friends arrived for the show, she helped them find seats in the maze. In the middle of the show, busy as she was, she took time to video tape my 5 minute performance with her cell phone camera!!!! I had mentioned that I needed someone to do it, and somehow, again, in the midst of her work, she helped me out. I witnessed her doing the same for other comics and guests that night-- as well as her fellow staff members- - April, you're a total pro and I can't thank you enough. !!

Dear Laurel C,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was delighted to read that April was such a great help to you and your friends. To video your stand-up routine for you was truly above and beyond. I will certainly recognize April's brilliant guest service. I am glad you enjoyed your evening.
Providence
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The Providence Marriott is truly an exceptional venue. The staff was attentive to all of our needs. You will not be disappointed if booking a major conference here. The food is delicious (especially in the Aqua Lounge) and the meeting spaces are fully functioning and clean. Special thanks to Victoria Miller, Paul Bachinger, Bob Dickie and Ryan Houlihan.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear JaneD832014,
Thank you so much for the feedback about your conference at the Providence Marriott. I will certainly recognize Victoria, Paul, Bob and Ryan for the excellent service they provide you. I am so pleased our culinary team led by Chef Franco Paterno wowed you with your menus especially at AQUA, Providence's only poolside lounge. AQUA will be open for a few more weeks before we have to say goodbye to summer. I hope you have a chance to visit us again before then.
Take care and thank you for the 5-star review!
Reviewed 29 August 2014

So my boyfriend and I decided to take weekend getaway and we decided to stay at the Marriott Downtown. We got there around 7 and at 1st they couldn't find my reservation even though I have been sent confirmations took them like 5 mins then they said "Oh it was hiding" so we checked in and once we entered the room it has a bad smell we thought it was the carpets so we left and came back. Later we were ready for bed we realized it was the bed, pillows and the sheets I had to take them off and call for another set of sheets which helped a bit and they were delivered really quick but the smell still lingered the next day after they cleaned the room and we came back the window was opened so it smelled a bit better but now clean. When it was time for check out we are standing in line with our suitcases at 10: 45 we go up to the counter and the lady asked how can I help you when it is obvious we were checking out. While the person before and after us were asked "how was you stay" when they walked up to the counter we were never asked even after we said we are checking out and they asked "did you get a copy of the bill". I guess our satisfaction doesn't count. Will not be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sasha B
Dear Sasha B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay. I apologize that your linens had to be changed due to an odor. I have our housekeeping team looking into what could have caused that. There shouldn't be any odor in our guest rooms other than the smell of cleanliness. I am also sorry that when you checked out that you felt that your satisfaction didn't count. It most certainly does count. Our entire team believes that and cares deeply not only about satisfying our guests but to exceed their expectations. It appears someone made a mistake and their team will review the importance of asking about our guests' stay. I do truly thank you for your feedback. I hope you will give us another chance and that we see you soon.
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I attended a wedding this past weekend. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. My wife was amazed by all the amazing work and organization that went to it. The cocktail and pre reception in the outdoor pool lounge area was a change of scenery that I feel like change the moods from emotional about the wedding to party mode. The food at the reception was absolutely amazing. My wife said everything looked perfect and next time she has an event she will do it here.

It was an early wedding ceremony, so we got there around 10 am. My wife was happy to see that they had Starbucks inside the hotel. She also enjoyed a wonderful talk with Vivian at the coffee shop The coffee was a great kick start since we woke up early for a weekend. Unfortunately they didn't have any breakfast sandwiches. There was restaurant there, but by the time we got there they had stopped serving the menu and only had buffet we were told by a young man(John I believe) . Fortunately the hostess, Maria, came to my rescue and told us that the omelette station was able to make eggs and cheese with bacon and put on a bagel, and she will charge for a sandwich. She absolutely made my morning because I am the type of guy that needs a good breakfast!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Al Y,
Thank you so much for giving us a 5-star review! I am delighted that we took such good care of you during your stay and that we impressed you with our service, style and experience at the wedding you attended. AQUA is a cool spot for a cocktail reception. It does take the edge off after the emotions of a wedding ceremony and almost begs for the guests to relax and enjoy the resort-style atmosphere. I will be sure to recognize Vivian from Starbucks and especially Maria from our Bluefin Grille (for coming to the rescue with your breakfast sandwich just as you like it). We look forward to helping your wife plan her next event; please ask her to give us a call when she's ready to put together the details. Thank you again.