“Loved this basement hangout!”

No photo provided
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Providence
Cross street: Avenue of the Arts
Transit: One Block from the Train Station.
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Visited Temple a number of times during our 4-day stay at the Renaissance. The lounge is a great little hangout for drinks and appetizers before dinner or a show at the performing arts center next door. The food and ambiance at Temple was great too. The dining room is a perfect place for a romantic dinner on a winter's night. Upscale with beautiful views of the capitol right out the window. We hope to visit again.

1  Thank ScrapChickTampa_FL

Reviewed 12 February 2014

good for drink/dinner/and dancing. Difficult to complain about this place. My girls got martinis and I had straight tequila - oh ya-what a night we had later.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

we arrived at the hotel at about 9:30 PM after a long day of traveling with Delta delaying our flight. We were 5 hours late arriving in Providence. We were happy that the restaurant was open until 11:00 PM. We had a great hamburger and Lobster Roll at about 10:00PM. It was very good, andwe were quite pleased with the food.
I would recommend trying this place, I don't think you will be unhappy with the food and service.

2  Thank John B
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed in the hotel in which the Temple is located - sort of in the basement of the hotel. 3 Business colleagues and I decided to eat here because it was in the hotel and convenient. The restaurant was about one third full, so not crowded by any means. Our server did not seem to be in any rush to take our order. We all ordered coffee and I had to ask for milk to put in it - one little container delivered at a snail's pace. Business people usually have to be somewhere fast and a breakfast place that caters to business people should know this. The Temple needs to be a bit more cognizant of its customers and their needs. I expected more from a restaurant housed within the Renaissance Providence Marriott. If you stay here, take a short walk down the street and eat at Panera's - faster and much less expensive.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

We went after a concert with another couple. The restaurant had the look of a fine dining establishment, but the food didn't follow suit. Not that the food was bad, it just wasn't fine dining. Very limited menu, very limited wine list - staff very limited knowledge of both. Metal top tables w/o linen - not my idea of dining. The food was average - nothing special - nothing bad. The establishment appeared to have a better bar scene for the younger set than as a dining place. Very convenient and accessible after an event at the Vet's, but I would go out of my way to go there.